What ship will be in Tampa for 2015?

NOSaints1

This is just a thought, so don't quote me on it, but it seems like this might be a likely possibility: The Miracle will be relocated from California to Tampa. The West Coast will receive a new ship, possibly one of the Conquest class or similar to sail year round from California, since by 2015 the new, wider lane of the Panama Canal will be operational and capable of accommodating larger ships, and no longer required to travel all the way around South America. This would make sense as it seems that the Mexican Riviera itineraries are recovering, so a larger ship would be practical. Also, since smaller ships are ideal for the summer Alaska sailings, the Legend, which will be in Australia only seasonally for the Southern summer, will relocate during the Northern Hemisphere summer for Alaska sailings, and alternate between the two.

The Oasis of the Seas can fit in the Panama Canal, butt he bridges is where the problem comes in. I highly doubt that carnival would nsever the Alaska- Cabo-Hawaii Markey to place a ship running the exact same itinerary from Miami (Glory adn Conquest) while the Sunshine and Liberty will also be doing the itineraries without grand cayman. They may drop the 7 night. I dont know if you guys know this, but the Paradise is booked out to April 2016 from Tampa.

The Oasis of the Seas can fit in the Panama Canal, butt he bridges is where the problem comes in. I highly doubt that carnival would nsever the Alaska- Cabo-Hawaii Markey to place a ship running the exact same itinerary from Miami (Glory adn Conquest) while the Sunshine and Liberty will also be doing the itineraries without grand cayman. They may drop the 7 night. I dont know if you guys know this, but the Paradise is booked out to April 2016 from Tampa.

The locks of the panama are 110 feet. So how do you see the oasis at 196 feet fitting in them? Carnivals destiny and conquest class are at 116 feet. The only carnival ships that can currently fit in the canal are fantas and spirit. For royal it is the sovereign class and vision class.

Somewhat...... The only ones i remembered from the orginal announcement was paradise and elation were the only fantasy class ships to,get 2.0 elements.

butting in here, it would be better for those two ships to get rid of the big box on the floor that contains your life jackets, it would open up the cabins, which would make it a more desirable ship to be on. some slides that don't dump into half the pool, they need to be spruced and modernized. stream lined it the term I am looking for.

adding some balconies would hurt either....

butting in here, it would be better for those two ships to get rid of the big box on the floor that contains your life jackets, it would open up the cabins, which would make it a more desirable ship to be on. some slides that don't dump into half the pool, they need to be spruced and modernized. stream lined it the term I am looking for.

adding some balconies would hurt either....

Think both will get some major upgrades. I may be in the minority, but being the newest in the class and the only two not to get the evolutions of fun make them canidates for major upgrades.

Personally, even though I don't live in that area, it's a wasted ship. The spirit class is too limited to place one in Tampa. Why sail from Tampa when I could go on the Glory or even the Dream for less? That was my thought process last time. If you really like the ship design, then sail on the repositioning or Hawaii or something, but the itineraries are spectacular. Maybe if they rotated on an 8/6 schedule when the 8 night went to panama and Costa Rica while the 6 night went to Roatan or Jamaica or somewhere exotic, then I could see it, but the same itinerary on an older ship doesn't appeal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Personally, even though I don't live in that area, it's a wasted ship. The spirit class is too limited to place one in Tampa. Why sail from Tampa when I could go on the Glory or even the Dream for less? That was my thought process last time. If you really like the ship design, then sail on the repositioning or Hawaii or something, but the itineraries are spectacular. Maybe if they rotated on an 8/6 schedule when the 8 night went to panama and Costa Rica while the 6 night went to Roatan or Jamaica or somewhere exotic, then I could see it, but the same itinerary on an older ship doesn't appeal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bottom line though is that the Port of Tampa can only service Carnival's Fantasy or Spirit Class ships so that as they say is that....unfortunately!

Bottom line though is that the Port of Tampa can only service Carnival's Fantasy or Spirit Class ships so that as they say is that....unfortunately!

This is true. I wonder if the demand is simply not there for a 7 day on a Fantasy class ship.