The Freedom and Park n Go parking

rccranbob

Has anyone used Park n Go for their cruise out of Port Everglades? Looking for some reviews good or bad. Thanks!!

The best place to look for this information would be under North American Homeports; Florida Departures. There is a thread there on FLL (Port Everglades).

We are cruising on the Freedom in December so will be checking it out as well.

We have used Park n Go many times, including 2 Freedom cruises. They are great. Basically you drive into their lot, which is only minutes from the ship. They will help you unload (it will be very busy, so make sure you get everything you want to carry to the ship). You leave the key in the car and they will park the car for you. They have many shuttles. So most of the time the shuttle will be waiting for you. After cruise, most of the time the shuttles will be there waiting too.

Edited by guxu

Used Park n Go many times. Very happy with them. Felt safe leaving my car...a shuttle is always available the minute we arrive and one is always at the pier within minutes of our debarkation....and we've often done self-debarkation and been the first ones off the ship. I've seen other people waiting in the same spot who had been waiting 20 or more minutes for another shuttle company....not so with Park n Go!

Used Park n Go many times. Very happy with them. Felt safe leaving my car...a shuttle is always available the minute we arrive and one is always at the pier within minutes of our debarkation....and we've often done self-debarkation and been the first ones off the ship. I've seen other people waiting in the same spot who had been waiting 20 or more minutes for another shuttle company....not so with Park n Go!

That other outfit might have been Park N Fly, which we have used because we are not fond of valet parking.

Edited by jackdiamond

We used Park n Go last month. Very efficient. Yes, they do keep your key and bring your car to you. Upon check out, they give you ice cold water, run your payment and you are on your way. Very good service. We are using them again at Charleston, SC in a few weeks.

I was apprehensive myself, at first, about leaving my car keys. But we have done it many times now and there has never been a problem. I check my car thoroughly when we return; its always been fine. Once I started thinking about it, it could just as easily get a ding from a lot where everybody parks their own car and keeps the keys! Park n Go attendants know the safe parking and guarding your car are vital to their reputation.

They have never brought our car to us at the end of the cruise, however. The shuttle van takes you to your car's location.

My husband carries a hand gun; he leaves it in the car when we cruise, of course. Never a problem at Park n Go.

I would not take that chance in this PC world in which we live. If it were stolen and used in a crime, then he might have considerable problems since the gun if purchased in recent years is probably registered in his name.

It could also be stolen out of the car parked at the cruise pier or anywhere else. If it were stolen he would, of course, file a police report as he is legally carrying the gun. So if a crime were committed with his gun then I don't think he'd have any problems.

We are legally carrying ours; and, I would still not take the chance.