Escape Aft Balconies

gooselover

I just booked Escape for the Transatlantic. I got an aft cabin on Deck 13. I was told by my PVP that deck 13 had a larger balcony than 12. Does anybody have any information on this? We got 13312. I was also told that the bed was by the door.

Again, can anyone verify this?

Howdy there neighbor, i just booked the cabin for the trans atlantic right below u, I'm in cabin 12312. I have been on both the breakaway and the getaway and if this on is designed like them then the difference is not that much to really be noticed. I hope that helps all in all they are bigger then the normal size balcony all others have.

On the getaway i was on deck 9 aft balcony, but if i remember they were about the same size looking at them. But i do remember that they were definitely bigger then all of the balconys along the sides except the havens.

• 4 months later...

Oh please take pictures or your room (and everything else LOL) and show us how the room and balcony look. I have 13908 booked for first sailing out of Miami and can't wait to have an aft for first time on any ship, this room is very near where you will be.

So exciting!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If these balconies are anything like aft on Getaway, it will be difficult for balconies above to see down. Most of my aft balcony on Getaway (9320) was covered. Only at the rail and leaning out could I see people above me.

It was actually designed very well to prevent this - intentionally or not.

If these balconies are anything like aft on Getaway, it will be difficult for balconies above to see down. Most of my aft balcony on Getaway (9320) was covered. Only at the rail and leaning out could I see people above me.

It was actually designed very well to prevent this - intentionally or not.

Thanks for the info. Have tried to do aft twice before and both got cancelled. Hopefully, third time will be the charm.

• 9 months later...

I'm interested as well. The pictures I've seen posted from the shakedown cruises look like the aft balcony is somewhat larger than a regular balcony but not close to the size on the Away ships. I'm not sure a lounger will fit facing aft.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I was just in aft cabin 9920. Hugh balcony and enclosed. Plenty of room for two loungers along with the two chairs and very small table. The bed is near the balcony.

No pictures as I'm not a picture taker.

That's my room in 25 days! I noticed the bed near the balcony on the float out. Does it come with the loungers or do you have to ask? does anyone know if you can ask for a table like in the B6 balcony's?

That's my room in 25 days! I noticed the bed near the balcony on the float out. Does it come with the loungers or do you have to ask? does anyone know if you can ask for a table like in the B6 balcony's?

Loungers were not there, just ask. I didn't ask since the weather coming across was terrible. We didn't see the sun until the 8th day so I didn't get much balcony time.

Enjoyed the ship so much I just booked a B2B.

I had Aft Balcony 9322 on the TA. Bed is next to the balcony. Plenty of storage, drawers under the sofa, safe in closet. No drawer at the desk. Hair dryer under the desk. Balcony is large, but only had 2 chairs and a small table. No light. USB ports on both bedside lights. Turn off big lights before getting in bed, turn off desk lights by switch beside the light on left side of bed, then use each bedside lamp switch to turn them off. Took me 3 nights to figure this out! Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast at OSheehans wasn't as good as I remember. The corned beef hash was not good. Lunch much better, but no pot pie. Still complimentary. Main dining rooms lunch menus never changed and had little choice, but dinner menus were great and food was really good. Service was spotty. Sometimes great and other not. Special dining was disappointing for me. Bahamian is not worth the double surcharge for any thing except maybe the waygu beef. Le Bistros served gritty escargot and fish not fully cooked. Other night, lobster was delicious but took an hour to get checked out. Cagneys and LaCuchina were good but not great. Teppanyaki was not very good. Nothing new with show

Well, I need to get to bed. Still, had a great time.

We booked the aft penthouse 10314 for March. If anyone has any insight on this cabin, deck size and if you can exit from the Master Bedroom to the deck would be appreciated. First time on NCL but have cruised on others so any recommendations insights is appreciated. Pics from anyone staying in 10314 over the next few months would be great also.

THANKS.

I had Aft Balcony 9322 on the TA. Bed is next to the balcony. Plenty of storage, drawers under the sofa, safe in closet. No drawer at the desk. Hair dryer under the desk. Balcony is large, but only had 2 chairs and a small table. No light. USB ports on both bedside lights. Turn off big lights before getting in bed, turn off desk lights by switch beside the light on left side of bed, then use each bedside lamp switch to turn them off. Took me 3 nights to figure this out! Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast at OSheehans wasn't as good as I remember. The corned beef hash was not good. Lunch much better, but no pot pie. Still complimentary. Main dining rooms lunch menus never changed and had little choice, but dinner menus were great and food was really good. Service was spotty. Sometimes great and other not. Special dining was disappointing for me. Bahamian is not worth the double surcharge for any thing except maybe the waygu beef. Le Bistros served gritty escargot and fish not fully cooked. Other night, lobster was delicious but took an hour to get checked out. Cagneys and LaCuchina were good but not great. Teppanyaki was not very good. Nothing new with show

Well, I need to get to bed. Still, had a great time.

Was your balcony large enough for a lounger? Would you recommend this deck or higher up?

We booked the aft penthouse 10314 .... can [you] exit from the Master Bedroom to the deck ....

Deck 10 H6's have doors to balcony from the living room and the bedroom.

Bathroom has no windows. Bath has a normal long tub.

BTW welcome to CC. :)

HTH

Edited by bear3412

H6 balconies and other categories facing aft vary in depth.

After recon I will concur with previous poster that deck 12 appears the deepest. Deck 13 the smallest.

So ... IMO from largest to smallest 12, 9, 11, 10, 14, 15, 13.

Although 14 and 15 are close.

There are two different configurations of H6's.

Configuration A;

Decks 9, 10, 12, 13, 15.

Door to balcony from living room and bedroom.

Bath has no windows and a "normal" long tub.

Floor plan; https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/H6-JS_Escape_l2_2015-09-02.jpg

Configuration B;

Decks 11 and 14.

Door to balcony only from living room.

Bath has window to balcony. Tub smaller IMO and shape like a whirlpool but not. But has a view.

Tub pic 14300; http://www.depping-design.de/test/albums/2015_10_escape_cabins/www14300_18.jpg

Shower pic 14300; http://www.depping-design.de/test/albums/2015_10_escape_cabins/www14300_19.jpg

Balcony pic 14300; http://www.depping-design.de/test/albums/2015_10_escape_cabins/www14300_09.jpg

Aft photo; http://www.depping-design.de/test/albums/2015_09_escape_conveyance/1500K5S_1893.jpg

Whats up with the H6's on deck 15 with the angle shown on the deck plans?

Also that wash platform looks to be parked next to the deck 15 H6 too fwiw.

Edited by bear3412

Was your balcony large enough for a lounger? ....

Here are pics of B1 10916 balcony which has less depth than deck 9, so...

http://www.depping-design.de/test/albums/2015_10_escape_cabins/www10916_07.jpg

http://www.depping-design.de/test/albums/2015_10_escape_cabins/www10916_06.jpg

... I feel a lounger will fit on a deck 9 B1 fwiw.

HTH