First Night Dining Question.

Does the dining room dress code apply on the first night, especially if your luggage doesnt make it to your room.

I cant remember what the policy was from our last RCCL cruise.

Thanks,

FF32

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk 2

Does the dining room dress code apply on the first night, especially if your luggage doesnt make it to your room.

I cant remember what the policy was from our last RCCL cruise.

Thanks,

FF32

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk 2

It's really anything goes for the first night because of luggage not being delivered to your cabin in time to change.

Dress code on RCI is just a recommendation - not a requirement. Most try to adhere (or at least approach it) but some completely ignore it and dress very casually - even on formal nights. As on the first night many (especially early diners) do not receive their luggage in time to change, it is truly anything goes and a sizable number of people will be dressed casually that night.

Are nice black jeans acceptable for Women in MDR other then a formal night? With a nice shirt! I would assume sneakers are out?

black jeans are fine. sneakers are fine. Anything not specifically disallowed is fine on every night. Don't overthink it.

Thank you all for the info. on the jean aspect! It's my vacation and I want to wear jeans!

On another note do the MDR and theater tend to run cooler? Since they are on a lower levels? I am one that brings a cover-up to the movies cause half through I am cold!

Thanks for info. in advance on such basic but easy questions! It has been so long since I have been on a boat! I really am so looking forward to being on the Brilliance!

They allow anything the first night.

Since we are experienced cruisers we have in our carry ons a change of clothes for dinner. We wear our bathing suits when we board so we can go right to pool, so if we didn't get our luggage it'd be uncomfortable to go to dinner wet!

Now having said that we've always received our luggage before dinner.

When I saw this post I thought this may be fun to read, Rccl and dress code I know that people case are not always delivered before the first seating, why not pack a change of clothing in your hand luggage.

Jeans and shorts in the main dining room are a no no as far as I'm concerned and Rccl should enforce what is a laid down dress code:

Casual: Polo shirts and trousers for men, sundresses or trousers for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or trouser suits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

There is causal dining is provided at the windjammer where you can wear shorts and jeans if that your wish but not in the main dining room.:eek:

Edited by BARNET

There are causal dining is provided in the windjammer where you can wear shorts and jeans if that you wish but not in the main dining room.:eek:

Jeans are allowed in MDR every evening whether it offends you or not. JEANS ARE ALLOWED.

OP asked for a factual answer, not your indignation on display.

Wow, I didn't mean to get an uproar going! I will have a carry on with me , and I personally feel that classy black nice jeans are just as good as slacks; especially with a nice top! I was also trying to verify, and possibly bagging out of going to MDR dinners and just using WJ or room service for dinner! I need to contact RCI to get my dinning changed to my time instead of late seating to be respectful to table-mates!

Enjoy your cruise dressed comfortably as you wish.

There is not a different dress code for late, early, or My Time; so select which is your preference.

You CAN still have tablemates with My Time if you prefer.

You do not have to be cast off to eat alone, eat in the buffet, or eat in your room for being in Jeans. No enforced dress code exists on any of the Royal ships currently sailing that prohibits jeans. Anyone who tells you otherwise or attempts to make you feel otherwise is flat WRONG.

It is commendable of you to be respectful of other passengers, just as long as you are doing so out of your own wishes and not for feeling put off by someone giving you misinformation.

Edited by LMaxwell

Thanks Maxwell 4 the great info. Really appreciated! Trying to get facts straight! 30 days til the Brilliance! I think great 1st ship back! I just really hope it is a nice day in Cozumel, and the whole trip!

I love Cozumel! I'm sure you will have a great time :)

DH and I are mid 30s professionals and we wear jeans to the dining room. The only actual prohibition is shorts, and tank tops/sleeveless tops for men.

Enjoy your cruise

It does seem the theaters are usually kind of cold though I am cold blooded!

We were on the Freedom in Sept and the theater was so cold I saw people come in with blankets from the room wrapped around them and beach towels too!! My whole family was cold so it wasn't just me.

Are nice black jeans acceptable for Women in MDR other then a formal night? With a nice shirt! I would assume sneakers are out?

On casual nights I often wear dark jeans, a nice top and a pair of wedge open-toed shoes and have never felt underdone or tacky :D

When I saw this post I thought this may be fun to read, Rccl and dress code I know that people case are not always delivered before the first seating, why not pack a change of clothing in your hand luggage.

Jeans and shorts in the main dining room are a no no as far as I'm concerned and Rccl should enforce what is a laid down dress code:

Casual: Polo shirts and trousers for men, sundresses or trousers for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or trouser suits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

There is causal dining is provided at the windjammer where you can wear shorts and jeans if that your wish but not in the main dining room.:eek:

Smart casual is dead, has been dead for a decade and will be dead for the next decade. Do this. On formal nights wear something other than jeans and a polo shirt. I've worn khakis and a madras shirt up to a suit on 6 RCCL ships. You can upgrade all the way to a tux, but you are going to dinner in the main dining room with attire your host permits.

Shorthand: jeans are a go on every night except formal. Period.

Edited by BallFour4

Shorthand: jeans are a go on every night except formal. Period.

No. Not "period". You're well entitled to your feelings and viewpoint, but OP is a new cruiser and deserves to have fact and fiction separated. I am sure they are a reasonable adult and when presented with the facts will make their own decision.

jeans are a go every night. deal with it

The first evening is ultra casual...even (gasp!) shorts will not be turned away on night 1.

Exactly! On my past two cruises our luggage did not arrive until after our early dinner seating, so I had on what I had been wearing all day which is shorts and sneakers and so did a lot of other people! They are well aware that eveybody does not have their luggage by dinner time on embarkation day! :cool: