Royal Snobs?

... as we leave Saturday, and sail on Sunday on the Adventure of the Seas for Southampton, and then on to Amsterday for a 15 day river cruise to Budapest....

Rick, we are very envious of your upcoming trip. The only thing I'd add to make it perfect is a TA back to New York on one of the Queens. Bon Voyage!

Edited by clarea

Paul..........what's this "Good ole Rick"..........just because I turned 70 on Saturday!:D:D

I'm back in the land of posting more, at least temporarily, as we leave Saturday, and sail on Sunday on the Adventure of the Seas for Southampton, and then on to Amsterday for a 15 day river cruise to Budapest.

What an awesome trip! Good for you. Give B a hug for me. :)

No comment on the 70 thing. ;):D

Rick, we are very envious of your upcoming trip. The only thing I'd add to make it perfect is a TA back to New York on one of the Queens. Bon Voyage!

Bob, we experienced that last year, a round trip on the Atlantic. Vision of the Seas over, and later on, a QM2 home.;)

Air Berlin has incredible rates for business class, and their front cabin is layed out 1, 2, 1. So, after Budapest, we have to try it. We are flying Budapest to Dusseldorf, and home on Air Berlin/Delta.

Rick

Offering 10 to 1

How much you want to put down?

Ill take up to 100K

To hell with financials

We will set up escrow account at Bank of America!

I essentially agree with you that they're heading in that direction, have said so before. But there's no way it will happen within 5 years - the existing fleet can't be remodeled or replaced within that time frame. My guess is they'll accomplish the goal in more like 10-15 years from now...

What an awesome trip! Good for you. Give B a hug for me. :)

No comment on the 70 thing. ;):D

Not to worry about the "70" thing, as I don't plan on retiring from the remodeling business for another 2 years. By then I will have built up my home based agency, that I plan on working for another 5 or 6 years, before I even think about retiring!!

Give T a hug from me as well!!

When are we cruising togethe again??

Rick

You are entitled to your opinion...others are as well.

As for the ship itself...I will probably never sail on one in this class. Not likely they are going to put it in the Caribbean exclusively and there are a lot of vacations on my bucket list ahead of European cruises.

My comment related to the "Dynamic Dining" is that if it goes fleet wide, they better cut the cost of the cabin to reflect the added expense I will incur by being forced to pay extra for my evening meal. If they don't I will never get above my Gold C&A status because I will either change lines or stop cruising.

But thats just me...YMMV.

Why would you pay "EXTRA" for your evening meal?...:rolleyes:

Not to worry about the "70" thing, as I don't plan on retiring from the remodeling business for another 2 years. By then I will have built up my home based agency, that I plan on working for another 5 or 6 years, before I even think about retiring!!

Give T a hug from me as well!!

When are we cruising togethe again??

Rick

Home-based agency as in TA, or something to do with the remodeling business? My wife used to own a bricks/mortar TA for a number of years, but wound it down as the competition from the internet ate away at margins too much. We're working at slowly ramping up a home-based one now also. Glad to hear you're still going strong at 70, I'm hitting the 60 milestone later this year myself.

I don't know where you got your info but I do not Love let alone like the new stunning ships. I haven't / and won't sail on a small city with 5000 pax. The largest RCL ship I've been on is the Vision class. I've been sailing on Princess lately because I like their ship size and the dining experience suits me.

Be careful not to make statements such as you made "that everybody" because it will never be "everybody"

Sorry have to laugh at your post, I don't know where you get your info, but how would you yourself have any idea whatsoever about a ship with 5000 plus passengers would be if you've never been on one???....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Offering 10 to 1

How much you want to put down?

Ill take up to 100K

Post like this one, with no idea in the universe what they are talking about, with not one iota of facts or info is just plain foolish and makes a person sound the same, sorry....:rolleyes:

Yogi, I suppose the rest of the drivel that's been posted is helpful??? I don't know. Maybe your lost. Confused? Congrats on the post of the day! And you thought about that all on your own. I'm impressed! Have a nice day!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Home-based agency as in TA, or something to do with the remodeling business? My wife used to own a bricks/mortar TA for a number of years, but wound it down as the competition from the internet ate away at margins too much. We're working at slowly ramping up a home-based one now also. Glad to hear you're still going strong at 70, I'm hitting the 60 milestone later this year myself.

Cruise Critic says that we are not supposed to talk about that subject here!!:D

Wish you the best with yours!!;)

Rick