Melbourne

Well that all depends on what you are interested in. Will you have small kids with you? Teenagers? Just yourself?

One thing I can tell you because I live here: it will be HOT!!!

Melbourne in February is usually above 35 degrees Celsius (I don't know what that is in Farrenheit). So pick things to do that involve air conditioning!!

Melbourne Aquarium is excellent. Well worth a visit - and air conditioned.

http://www.melbourneaquarium.com.au/

There is also glow-in-the-dark mini golf:

http://www.glowgolf.com.au/

You can also have dinner in a moving tram:

http://www.tramrestaurant.com.au/

Or go on a tour of Melbourne's vibrant street art scene:

http://www.melbournestreettours.com/

Or just wander around Melbourne's famous laneways.

Also Melbourne has rather fantastic rooftop bars. Note: if you are into nightclubbing, many of Melbourne's bars and nightclubs "hide" down laneways and behind doors. I once walked past The Kitten Club at least 10 times before I realised it was hiding behind a non-descript door!

I hope I have given you some ideas!

The ship will offer you a shore excursion to Puffing Billy & the Dandenong Ranges which is very good.

Independently Melbourne has one of the World's great Zoos at Royal Park close to the City . Upfield line train from Flinders Street or Southern Cross stations to Royal Park station .

National Gallery of Victoria has two galleries . Ian Potter Centre for Australian art at Federation Square (Cnr Flinders & Swanston Sts) . Tram 109 from Station Pier alight at Corner Collins & Swanston St and walk one block down Swanston St to Federation Square.

National Gallery of Victoria - International Collection is on St Kilda Rd. From the corner of Flinders & Swanston Sts walk over Princes Bridge across the Yarra River past the Arts Centre and the big grey bluestone building is the gallery . Free admission to both galleries.

To return to Station Pier catch 109 Port Melbourne tram westbound anywhere along the length of Collins Street in the City .

How long are you in Melbourne?

If you are into sport, the MCG tour and National Sport Museum are great. Just on the edge of the city.

With more time, the Great Ocean Road drive is great.

Queen Victoria Markets is good as a large working market, and for souvenirs.

Yarraville Valley for wines.

Evenings in the Royal Botanic Gardens for Shakespear in the Park.

Wow thanks so much, that's really good ideas.

I'm not taking our kiddies with us. We are cruising with 4 friends. We are Aussies but have not really left nsw. Only to the Gold Coast once.

So traveling is very new to us. I will pass on all your ideas to my friends.

Thanks so much

Love Italian food? LYGON STREET!!!

Lygon street is tourist trap Italian. We stayed near there a couple of years ago and went to one of the restaurants in the main restaurant strip for dinner. It was not particularly good. I've had better Italian food in Sydney.

Lygon street is tourist trap Italian. We stayed near there a couple of years ago and went to one of the restaurants in the main restaurant strip for dinner. It was not particularly good. I've had better Italian food in Sydney.

We go there for dinner every time we visit Melbourne and haven't had a bad meal yet. Just love the atmosphere. Each to their own I guess...

Nancy, when are you in Melbourne again?:D

Hi Mic,

Sam and I will be in Melbourne next March on our Top - Bottom trek around Australia on the Radiance. If you and Rosie will be in the area then maybe we can share a brew while we explore the city.

Hi Mic,

Sam and I will be in Melbourne next March on our Top - Bottom trek around Australia on the Radiance. If you and Rosie will be in the area then maybe we can share a brew while we explore the city.

We live in Canberra, so maybe a Sydney visit will be a more viable option for us, do you have much time prior or post cruise in Sydney?