Choosing your Dynamic Dining time

djjoe

Okay, look this is what I know. After I saw the E-mail about the dining, I called my travel agent to ask her for a dining guide or could she get one from RCCL. She called to find out and was surprised to find that I had been selected to make all of our dining reservations in the next ten days. My cousin and her husband are travelling with us and they then called their travel agent who had also not received any word of this. She also called RCCL and was told they were also selected to make their dining reservations early. So, I called RCCL yesterday and made all of our complimentary and specialty reservations for the entire 12 day cruise in January 2015. They are now showing up on my reservation page with RCCL and everything. I will admit it took me most of the day yesterday because their system for this is new and it keep crashing. In short, the four of us are booked. The hitch is you must be pre-approved and it must be called in - it is not available on the website. I am just trying to pass the word and be a nice guy. I have no earthly idea on how they selected the people to be able to book this early. Just thought people might like to know to call their travel agents and have them try to find out for them.

Sounds to me that RCI is using your cruise to do some controlled live testing of there new system with real reservations. Debugging it and fine tuning it. Experiencing what problems us consumers might encounter under different scenarios and how the system will work internally. They have to make sure this Dynamic Dining reservation system is user friendly.

The thing I hated about Oasis was that you had to make reservations for everything. I took much of the fun out of cruising, having to be at each place at a certain time, and several shows we never got to see. Now with dinner too? I don't think so. Good bye RCL.

No, I did not inquire about how late the various dining rooms would be open and our latest reservation is 8:00 p.m. Also, yes the system is still very full of bugs, as I said it took me a long time to get it done and multiple calls.

The thing I hated about Oasis was that you had to make reservations for everything. I took much of the fun out of cruising, having to be at each place at a certain time, and several shows we never got to see. Now with dinner too? I don't think so. Good bye RCL.

See, something for everyone. I LOVE IT! Now I can do all of the work of planning before the cruise. The planning itself gets me SO EXCITED for my vacation. Then when I go I can just sit back, relax, and let my schedule be my guide. Easy peasy!

That was my feeling too. My job requires me to go from one appointment to another. When I cruise, I like to leave all that behind. I'll probably plan as little as possible.