NCL Website Issues!

aschippang

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot, but haven't seen a thread about NCL having issues with their website. We are booked on the Sun for a 28 day trans-Panama Canal b2b leaving the end of April. For a couple of weeks, now, we've been trying to go through our personal accounts to view and book excursions. The NCL site is out of whack and we keep getting the message that they 'can't complete our request at this time..please try back later or call ###-###-####, etc." We've called, the folks we've talked to, initially, seem to be unaware of the problem..then we're routed to someone else who tells us they're 'working on it'. Like I said, this has gone on for at least a couple of weeks, now. This is crazy....SOMEONE should have figured out what the issue is and taken care of it by now. Extremely frustrating!

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot, but haven't seen a thread about NCL having issues with their website. We are booked on the Sun for a 28 day trans-Panama Canal b2b leaving the end of April. For a couple of weeks, now, we've been trying to go through our personal accounts to view and book excursions. The NCL site is out of whack and we keep getting the message that they 'can't complete our request at this time..please try back later or call ###-###-####, etc." We've called, the folks we've talked to, initially, seem to be unaware of the problem..then we're routed to someone else who tells us they're 'working on it'. Like I said, this has gone on for at least a couple of weeks, now. This is crazy....SOMEONE should have figured out what the issue is and taken care of it by now. Extremely frustrating!

I have been doing b2b cruises the past couple of years. When I do so, I have the same problems you are witnessing. I have complained numerous times and been rerouted to NCL technical assistance numerous times.

I have been told repeatedly that they are aware of the problems and are working to fix them.

I don't hold out any hope that it will be fixed anytime soon as I am going on a second year seeing this.

Well I'm not on b2b, I'm on a Baltic Cruise on 06 June and am having the same problem so I called the number and have been put on hold now for going on15 minutes with that silly message how the nest available agent will be with me shortly. What a bunch of slime.

I had similar issues late last summer, while trying to book excursions on the 9-day Gem 10/19/2013. I had previously booked upcharge restaurants for every night of the cruise...and when I attempted to book excursions (on any given day), the system thought I was already overbooked because of the dinners :eek:. Very frustrating...the website helpdesk couldn't do anything about it apparently. So I ended up booking excursions over the phone.

Right now I have the UDP booked for both the upcoming Gem & upcoming Breakaway...so this time I'm just going to wait until I board to book anything else :rolleyes:.

I have been having the same problem. I am not doing a b2b though. I called NCL several times and was told the problem was affecting only certain sailings and would be fixed by last weekend. They had the problem fixed briefly on Sunday but now the problem appears to be back.

I'm sailing on the Jade on April 21. I'm so relieved to hear others are having the same issues. Whenever I call in about it, the agents seem unaware that it's an issue, then am also eventually told the technical team is aware of it. I know you can book excursions over the phone, but browsing them online and being able to take your time deciding is so much more appealing. Hopefully things are worked out soon... Less then a month to go until my sail date!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My b2b for April 2015 now only shows the first 19 day cruise with a price just for the Panama Canal part of the cruise, with a bill for two of us for 19 day cruise with a price of $3300. Every time I try to print that bill it tells me Firefox has crashed. I have a year to get it straightened out, but my 10 day Alaska fell off the MY NCL listings, even though I previously got an itinerary and a bill for all 29 days. Curious to see how long it will take until something changes this mess.

We are booked on the Jewel for the 4/20/14 panama cruise. Last night I booked Mamas and today I cannot get on my reservation. I called and was told they are working on it but it is very difficult to pinpoint the problem because it is so random and it comes and goes.

I've been trying to input my initial contact info. It tells me "oops, take a deep breath, count to 10 and try again". REALLY?

I was getting same thing - after on hold for a good 20 minutes - think the guys name was Alex - was very helpful

My wife had setup the original account info - so when i went to finalize the online registration - I put in the phone number differently, ie. She had set it up as 708- I had put in (708) area code... The parenthesis instead of dashes ....

somehow this locked up the system.. He reset it - and after that everything was golden, he also helped me with some other items - 1 was order the soft drink package for my teenagers, and a couple of other things like the pre pay of the gratuities ... etc... I think i may have been able to avoid the issue if I had looked at the original contact info my wife had put in first - but that in my opinion is a very silly glitch in the registering system- one that could easily be fixed by a simple web patch on the java script - anyway -- good luck

Edited by Bizfrm

Thanks, my problem was in one cabins, I have the "boys" one a St. The other a Jr. The computer doesn't recognize the suffix, so they had to reset it. For the "girls" cabin, apparently, I had a Latitude number from years ago, the booking agent assigned me a new one, computer caught up w the old one and it wouldn't allow a merge. Ugh. 49 minutes of my life gone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well I'm not on b2b, I'm on a Baltic Cruise on 06 June and am having the same problem so I called the number and have been put on hold now for going on15 minutes with that silly message how the nest available agent will be with me shortly. What a bunch of slime.

Sounds as if you called the NCL reservation number. That is always a hold forever. Try calling the Shorex number instead.

We are having what sounds like the same issue with our Alaskan cruise. For two weeks now I have been unable to view my reservation for an upcoming cruise with land package. My log in is fine I can view the reservation I have for a later cruise. I have called with little success (long wait times and no answers), written to social media and even received a phone call promising me it would be checked into but still no answer.

We are traveling with several other couples and at least two of them (the only ones I've spoken to recently) are having the same issue.

I am really hoping for an answer soon, this is really the first time in a number of cruises (we are Platinum latitudes) that Norwegian has let us down.

We apologize that you are encountering issues in trying to book your shore excursions for your upcoming 28 day voyage on Norwegian Sun. We would like to assist you in any way we can. Please email your booking/reservation number, name, email address and telephone number to socialmedia@ncl.com and we will reach out to you directly to resolve. Thank you!

We apologize that you are encountering issues in trying to book your shore excursions for your upcoming 28 day voyage on Norwegian Sun. We would like to assist you in any way we can. Please email your booking/reservation number, name, email address and telephone number to socialmedia@ncl.com and we will reach out to you directly to resolve. Thank you!

I am glad you monitor the boards; however, this is a problem with all bookings on the website; maybe you guys can have your IT dept, look at revamping the online accounts web portal so all cruisers can log in to update their online check in information and shore excursions, etc. Thanks for checking in

And give us a user friendly website to use, like the old NCL web site.:eek::mad::p