Quantum Dining Chart

Anyone still booking their dining?

Still trying to get good times...times the way the IT department seems to keep messing up the reservations so badly. At this point I'm not even sure 3 of my nights have reservations anymore. I won't know for sure for another 14-38 hours and even then I doubt IT is going to bother notifying me of what they've messed up next. I doubt the result will be that they properly fixed what they broke.

Still trying to get good times...times the way the IT department seems to keep messing up the reservations so badly. At this point I'm not even sure 3 of my nights have reservations anymore. I won't know for sure for another 14-38 hours and even then I doubt IT is going to bother notifying me of what they've messed up next. I doubt the result will be that they properly fixed what they broke.

Yes, still trying. Wheel goes round and round. Nothing listed for nights 9 and 10.

Thanks for putting together the Quantum dining chart. I've had to print it out a couple different times since I refer to it so often (especially now that I'm rearranging reservations to fit with show times).

I was able to book 8 nights out of our 11 (Dec 1st sailing). I was trying to book the times around the entertainment. Frustrating process, was about to cancel cruise - had fears of spending 11 nights in the buffet. Buffet is fine but not for every night... Thankfully I made a call to the dynamic dining and was able to get reservations and have the emails printed off as proof.

That's great. We will definitely use it. Would like to see rccl do this for entertainment. I used to print off the entertainment one page schedule for oasis and allure then decide what shows and circle them and bring it with me.

Are your DD problems on your 12/1 reservation ?

I ask because I have friends on that sailing who are so ready to cancel because of all the problems getting DD to work with entertainment timing.

They got their DD booked before the entertainment came out but now trying to modify their DD now is causing them so much stress.

Even Royal couldn't fix it today on the phone when their TA called.

Are your DD problems on your 12/1 reservation ?

I ask because I have friends on that sailing who are so ready to cancel because of all the problems getting DD to work with entertainment timing.

They got their DD booked before the entertainment came out but now trying to modify their DD now is causing them so much stress.

Even Royal couldn't fix it today on the phone when their TA called.

Yep, I went day by day with a rep this morning to review the bookings because their were so many issues. We got through the 11/23 sailing and she said, "that wasn't bad" (one reservation double booked). Then we got to the 12/1 and over half the days were double booked. Several had people all mixed up. Their was one issue where a time change on a day 8 reservation resulted in 2 people staying at the old time and the third person going to the new time along with him being moved out of the day 5 reservation and added a second time to the new day 8. When we got to the end of that one she said that they've been having lots of issues but she had never seen so many unusual issues in one reservation before. Their seems to be certain sailings that are having more issues than others which seems really odd.

Edited by DEIx15x8

Hi. Our sail date is 4/12/15, didnt realize we could book already. Is that possible for us lowly platinums? Thanks, c

Yep. I'm platinum and booked dining and entertainment for our 1/3/15 cruise.

Just be aware the website is slooooow and having glitches, and the phone may not be much quicker - I tried to call 3 times this week and was on hold with C&A for over 45 minutes each time (hung up the first two times; today I got through after 44 minutes :D ). If you have your reservations linked to other reservation numbers, there seem to be a lot of problems with that, as well as the website requiring credit card info for a zero balance. Keep your fingers crossed you're one of the lucky ones with no issues. :)

Brian's dining chart is definitely useful for figuring things out ahead of time. Use it to pre-plan if you're going to call.

Edited by karmacats
add info

Yep. I'm platinum and booked dining and entertainment for our 1/3/15 cruise.

Just be aware the website is slooooow and having glitches, and the phone may not be much quicker - I tried to call 3 times this week and was on hold with C&A for over 45 minutes each time (hung up the first two times; today I got through after 44 minutes :D ). If you have your reservations linked to other reservation numbers, there seem to be a lot of problems with that, as well as the website requiring credit card info for a zero balance. Keep your fingers crossed you're one of the lucky ones with no issues. :)

Brian's dining chart is definitely useful for figuring things out ahead of time. Use it to pre-plan if you're going to call.

I'm surprised you were on hold for so long. I've never been on hold for more than 5 minutes and I've called over 20 times since DD opened. Starting on Tuesday though I noticed that the phone capabilities took a sharp dive. They were no longer able to do anything and were suddenly filling out tickets for IT to correct every little issue since the system wouldn't even let them book an item.

I'm surprised you were on hold for so long. I've never been on hold for more than 5 minutes and I've called over 20 times since DD opened. Starting on Tuesday though I noticed that the phone capabilities took a sharp dive. They were no longer able to do anything and were suddenly filling out tickets for IT to correct every little issue since the system wouldn't even let them book an item.

I know - it's been really frustrating reading on here about how everyone was getting through so quickly, and then I was stuck on hold each time! DH keeps joking that our phone number is on Royal's "do not answer" list. :D (Though really, if they were smart, they would answer, because almost every time I call it's to upgrade my darn cabin.... :rolleyes: ). I called C&A rather than general customer service, if that makes a difference, and I did try different times - two late nights (including when I finally got through yesterday) and once mid-day on a weekday. I didn't try the DD direct number as I was calling about entertainment, not dining, since I had been preselected to book the dining early.

• 2 weeks later...

Brian, thank you so much for your chart! I probably would have created my own in order to sort through the choices, but probably wouldn't have been organized or kind enough to share it!

It made our decision making so much easier. Why Royal Caribbean hasn't done this is astounding... Oh wait, after seeing their design of the website I doubt they're capable😮

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I don't get it either. But, whatever. Maybe they did and scrapped it because they liked mine so much better. ;)

Yes, Brian this was helpful when planning. I wish I could say the same thing about actually making the reservations. After two hour on Sundsy and anothe hour on Monday, our dining reservations with our travel partners are still not correct. We tried to use the website and then called but the reps couldn't even figure it out. She said it was a problem with their "system". Well wouldn't you think they'd fix those problems?!?

I am frustrated and decided to give up and take my chances just walking in without reservations. I do need straighten out the Chops reservation though.

But, I'll give it a day or two till my blood pressure is lower! :mad:

Thank you for this chart!!

I cancelled my Breakaway cabin in favor of QOTS! i'm a little concerned about kids menus and "plain" menu choices. Does anyone know what the kids menu will look like and will these new restaurants offer a simpler menu for picky people? I'm imagining eating at the buffet and hot dog stand all week! lol

i'm disappointed with the menu for Michaels Pub...was expecting more "pub fare".

Should be a great cruise nomatter what!!!

Thank you for this chart!!

I cancelled my Breakaway cabin in favor of QOTS! i'm a little concerned about kids menus and "plain" menu choices. Does anyone know what the kids menu will look like and will these new restaurants offer a simpler menu for picky people? I'm imagining eating at the buffet and hot dog stand all week! lol

i'm disappointed with the menu for Michaels Pub...was expecting more "pub fare".

Should be a great cruise nomatter what!!!

Each of the four main dining rooms is supposed to have the usual "classics" menu available, which has a chicken breast, steak, pasta with red sauce, sliders, and a couple other things (maybe a fish?). I'm picky, too - on formal night on my last Allure cruise i was dressed to the nines and then ordered sliders. :o The sliders and the pasta are both really good.

Hi. Our sail date is 4/12/15, didnt realize we could book already. Is that possible for us lowly platinums? Thanks, c

We booked our 4/12/15 dining last week. The first rep couldn't get into my 12/01/14 reservation and suggested that we do the 4/12, instead. While she was trying to get in, we were disconnected after 34 minutes. When she didn't call back, I called the department and spoke to another rep. After 82 minutes her "assist desk" person was able to book nights 2-12. She then told me that there were no reservations open for any venue on night 1. Mind you, the requested early reservations we got are for as "early" as 8:45!!

The kicker is that we don't know what we will have to reserve in the way of show offerings. Probably will negate all this effort and render our reservations useless. This is the case with our 12/01 booking. We will either have to skip our reservations or miss the booked shows.

I don't know how long my stock is going to climb when they have to hire and train all the new personnel to sit on the phone with 1 person for an hour or more at one time.

Sorry for the rant; I didn't even mention the linked solo traveler joining us on the 12/01 cruise who they cannot include on our reservations. I'm sure she will enjoy her table for one on the nights they can't match us up.

Sorry.....:mad::o:(

Edited by CaroleSP