Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I really hate to admit it (as we have cruised many times in balcony rooms), but I am not sure what the difference in balcony size is (if any difference at all) when the room sits back or forward. I'm specifically looking at balconies towards the aft on deck 9. There are some rooms that appear to sit further back and the "white space" is larger. Do those rooms typically have larger balcony space or is it just an illusion on the drawing? We are currently booked a few doors up in what appears to be a much smaller balcony and I would like to switch tonight if I need to (to ensure we keep the UBP)! TIA :)

I really hate to admit it (as we have cruised many times in balcony rooms), but I am not sure what the difference in balcony size is (if any difference at all) when the room sits back or forward. I'm specifically looking at balconies towards the aft on deck 9. There are some rooms that appear to sit further back and the "white space" is larger. Do those rooms typically have larger balcony space or is it just an illusion on the drawing? We are currently booked a few doors up in what appears to be a much smaller balcony and I would like to switch tonight if I need to (to ensure we keep the UBP)! TIA :)

What is the category? The B6s on decks 9 are much larger than the regular balcony cabins, but those are forward, not aft.

Edited by SissasMomE

I think you have been misled by the deck plans. The white area you see on the deck 9 plan is, I believe, the extent on the Waterfront below. If so, this means that the only difference between those further towards the aft is that you can see more of the roofing over the Waterfront. The balconies themselves are so small that they song really even feature on the deck plans.

As SissasMomE says, if you want a big balcony you need at B6 towards the front. This balconies are very big.

I think you have been misled by the deck plans. The white area you see on the deck 9 plan is, I believe, the extent on the Waterfront below. If so, this means that the only difference between those further towards the aft is that you can see more of the roofing over the Waterfront. The balconies themselves are so small that they song really even feature on the deck plans.

As SissasMomE says, if you want a big balcony you need at B6 towards the front. This balconies are very big.

Are the aft balconies on Escape will be smaller than those on Breakaway and Getaway? I have one but even if that's the case I plan on having a great time :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 via Tapatalk

Edited by Bugsy4271

Keith do you think the aft balconies on Escape will be smaller than those on Breakaway and Getaway? I have one but even if that's the case I plan on having a great time :)

We aren't talking about aft balconies here, but ones that are towards the aft of the ship.

I don't really know much about the aft balconies on any of the new ships, but I don't see any reason why they should be much different from the Breakaway/Getaway.

We aren't talking about aft balconies here, but ones that are towards the aft of the ship.

I don't really know much about the aft balconies on any of the new ships, but I don't see any reason why they should be much different from the Breakaway/Getaway.

Oh I know. I just figured I would ask for input before I forgot. I know on a couple of travel sites it least the balcony size at 32 square feet which I found quite stunning that they would be that small.

It is B3, which is the same as my current cabin. Thanks!

There will be no difference in the balcony size then, as we suspected. I assume you are considering moving from something like 9296 to 9304 aren't you? If so then the only difference is that 9296 is on the bump and 9304 isn't. The rooms on the bump stick out further, but also the entrance to the room is further out, as can be seen from the deck plans.

I suspect that 9300 has a bigger balcony, but that is a different category.

Thanks for the info. Like so small they do not have chairs or just smaller than we might be used to from previous ships? I'm not worried about lounging per se, but I need a chair to enjoy coffee in the AM and wine at night ;)

Thanks for the info. Like so small they do not have chairs or just smaller than we might be used to from previous ships? I'm not worried about lounging per se, but I need a chair to enjoy coffee in the AM and wine at night ;)

There are a couple of chairs and a table in the balconies, but you couldn't stretch your legs out, and some people report having to sit sideways on.

I've only had one night in a Getaway cabin, and it was small enough that I would only book a large balcony on these ships, but then I tend to spend a couple of hours a day out there. For just having a quick drink or standing looking at the view they should be fine.

Edited by KeithJenner

Oh I know. I just figured I would ask for input before I forgot. I know on a couple of travel sites it least the balcony size at 32 square feet which I found quite stunning that they would be that small.

The info in a lot of sites is quite unreliable when it comes to balcony sizes. 32 square feet is the standard balcony size, and I've seen cabins with far bigger ones quoted as having 32 sq ft.

My guess is that you will find it is actually a lot bigger than that, but I don't know anything for sure.

There are a couple of chairs and a table in the balconies, but you couldn't stretch your legs out, and some people report having to sit sideways on.

I've only had one night in a Getaway cabin, and it was small enough that I would only book a large balcony on these ships, but then I tend to spend a couple of hours a day out there. For just having a quick drink or standing looking at the view they should be fine.

Thank you so much for the insight, this is why I love cc!

We currently have the 3-day booked, and a week in March. Depending on this new Feb 1st promotion, I may very well add an additional week for late 2016 or early 2017 :D

What time of year usually has the best promotions?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

After a fantastic experience on NORWEGIAN GETAWAY, I'm happy to say I booked the maiden crossing of NORWEGIAN ESCAPE! I'm sailing October 29 Southampton to Miami. I can't wait to experience all the great new things ESCAPE will have to offer, and enjoy all those familiar things which are similar to the GETAWAY!

Ernie

Happy for you Ernie. Cant wait to see your pictures and review already ;)

Happy for you Ernie. Cant wait to see your pictures and review already ;)

Thanks David! As much as I love crossings, the one bad aspect is there is very little opportunity to photograph the exterior of the ship, and of course no ship-spotting other ships in port. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make though! LOL

Thanks David! As much as I love crossings, the one bad aspect is there is very little opportunity to photograph the exterior of the ship, and of course no ship-spotting other ships in port. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make though! LOL

Got a question, this is my third NCL cruise and the first time I'm going to write a review how exactly do you go about doing it?

Got a question, this is my third NCL cruise and the first time I'm going to write a review how exactly do you go about doing it?

It's different for everyone and there are many styles of reviews. I would suggest taking notes during your cruise of what you liked, what you didn't like, what worked well, what didn't work so well. When you get home put your notes and thoughts into an essay of sorts and organize it however you want. I think one of the most important aspects of any review is balance. Nothing is ever all spectacular and nothing is ever all doom and gloom either.

Good luck!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It's different for everyone and there are many styles of reviews. I would suggest taking notes during your cruise of what you liked, what you didn't like, what worked well, what didn't work so well. When you get home put your notes and thoughts into an essay of sorts and organize it however you want. I think one of the most important aspects of any review is balance. Nothing is ever all spectacular and nothing is ever all doom and gloom either.

Good luck!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Oh no you misunderstood I mean what do I click on where do I go to like how do I write a review like what do I do?