Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Loving all the pics! I'm disappointed to see that the bunks don't recess fully into the ceiling. They did on GETAWAY and it makes the small cabin feel far more spacious. Also no bumping your head into them. Attached is a pic of my cabin on GETAWAY, and you can see the outline of the 3rd berth recessed fully into the ceiling. You didn't even know it was there.

16197906898_d5f66680fe_b.jpg

A lot of the 3rd and 4th bunks in interior cabins on Breakaway and Getaway don't recess fully either.

Loving all the pics! I'm disappointed to see that the bunks don't recess fully into the ceiling. They did on GETAWAY and it makes the small cabin feel far more spacious. Also no bumping your head into them. Attached is a pic of my cabin on GETAWAY, and you can see the outline of the 3rd berth recessed fully into the ceiling. You didn't even know it was there.

16197906898_d5f66680fe_b.jpg

Color pattern is warmer but it makes it feel smaller

A lot of the 3rd and 4th bunks in interior cabins on Breakaway and Getaway don't recess fully either.

Interesting. Seems odd to have two different designs. I wonder if it has something to do with the ceiling heights? Maybe on certain decks the beds recess and on others they don't? I thought all the cabin deck heights were the same but perhaps not. Anyway I guess I was lucky to have a cabin where they recessed. It really made a big difference, especially in such a small space.

Interesting. Seems odd to have two different designs. I wonder if it has something to do with the ceiling heights? Maybe on certain decks the beds recess and on others they don't? I thought all the cabin deck heights were the same but perhaps not. Anyway I guess I was lucky to have a cabin where they recessed. It really made a big difference, especially in such a small space.

To be honest, I'm not sure why. It's interesting that, even on the latest megaships, there can still be a wide variance in a single grade of cabin. The assumption is everything is uniform these days, but there can still be surprises!

To be honest, I'm not sure why. It's interesting that, even on the latest megaships, there can still be a wide variance in a single grade of cabin. The assumption is everything is uniform these days, but there can still be surprises!

Yes apparently there can be. You envision everything being prefab and uniform, but as you point out there are still variances. Thanks for the info.

I actually miss the days when almost every cabin was unique, even within the same category. You would study the deck plans as each cabin configuration was detailed right down to where the beds, dressers, chairs, and toilet were located. Then you would pick the very best cabin possible based on your preferences and some back-ups just in case. It was fun. I think QE2 was the last ship I did that with. These days it doesn't make much difference. The biggest difference is where the bed is located, and that is only on the ships with the interconnecting cabin design (narrow in one section, wider in another). I think I read where that design enables something like 10 more cabins per deck on average.

I am giving FreestyleNovice a huge standing ovation. I'd love to buy you a drink with my UBP. ;)

I am just copy pasting! But I will take a drink anytime. Let's see.. Next year, around Nov, Miami/Ft Lauderdale? :D

Here's a better perspective pic of the Haven, made by Andreas Depping from cruiseship-gallery.de

12039241_10203572738078502_5384187842538524925_n.jpg?oh=b5ae6aa1eb7c2524bfa1b729a2bd96af&oe=56C63FC4

In all my cruises, I can't remember an American Captain. It's always been an Italian, British, Australian or Spanish Captain at the helm. First time for everything.[emoji631]

Captain Evans (sp?) was captain when I sailed on the BA August, 2014. I also was surprised when I met him that he was an American!

Are you just copying and pasting or do you have to upload them to a site like photobucket first?

Just copy pasting. Are you taking away my free drinks now? ;) j/k

It's easy, log in with Instagram, search for #norwegianescape (or some abbreviations). In Chrome; right click, open Source, in the abacadabra of the source row 170 usually has the URL of the .jpg. After that it's just copy paste to CC with image tags.

You can also search Facebook with the use of hashtags although it seems FB doesn't sort on date/time.

And last but not least is knowledge of German local news sites, NOZ, WDR, photographers' websites, etc. Ingrid Fiebek, Andreas Depping, etc.

Just copy pasting. Are you taking away my free drinks now? ;) j/k

It's easy, log in with Instagram, search for #norwegianescape (or some abbreviations). In Chrome; right click, open Source, in the abacadabra of the source row 170 usually has the URL of the .jpg. After that it's just copy paste to CC with image tags.

You can also search Facebook with the use of hashtags although it seems FB doesn't sort on date/time.

And last but not least is knowledge of German local news sites, NOZ, WDR, photographers' websites, etc. Ingrid Fiebek, Andreas Depping, etc.

Haha! I would never do that!

Thanks for posting all these great photos. I don't think I am going to accomplish much this weekend.

Captain Evans (sp?) was captain when I sailed on the BA August, 2014. I also was surprised when I met him that he was an American!

Yes we call him Captain America

Very nice man Captain Evans Hoyt

Edited by sjnyc323