Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

BREAKING NEWS:

Quit searchin’ for your lost shaker of salt, it’s right here at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville and the 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar—the first-ever at sea, coming to Norwegian Escape in 2015! Share if you can’t wait to celebrate with a round of frozen drinks!

This is AWESOME!!!!!!

BREAKING NEWS:

Quit searchin’ for your lost shaker of salt, it’s right here at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville and the 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar—the first-ever at sea, coming to Norwegian Escape in 2015! Share if you can’t wait to celebrate with a round of frozen drinks!

This is AWESOME!!!!!!

I would not find this that impressive. This is an establishment they have at all the tourist traps. So now on a cruise ship? They make and keep their margaritas in those frozen mix containers and just pour them out like soda. Its about the name, not the quality of the drink since they are made pre-packaged and pre-mixed.

I just prefer to leave all the touristy and name brands on land when I cruise. I know Royal started it with Johnny Rockets and Starbucks. Nothing wrong with it but adding Margaritaville on a cruise ship is probably the least creative thing you can do. But I suppose when you are eating your Carlos cupcake you can drink your pre-made margarita :) What next? McDonalds and Burgerking? I like when cruise ships can be creative and create their own brands and lounge experience. But to each their own. Its a name brand and thats about it. But you can go anywhere to experience it. So its not that welcoming to me IMHO.

Blue Man coming to Escape? Is that just a crazy rumor? That would be stupid IMHO after Blue Man was performing almost 5 years on NCL's biggest ship. Can we get a little more creative?

Thanks for the pics!

I'm one of the folks who is happy with Margaritaville. Yes it is touristy, not meant to be a serious place but I love the fun atmosphere and music. Hopefully they will keep good music there nightly, we will be on the Escape one year from today!

Blue Man coming to Escape? Is that just a crazy rumor? That would be stupid IMHO after Blue Man was performing almost 5 years on NCL's biggest ship. Can we get a little more creative?

I haven't heard any rumours about the Blue Men. I raised it as pure speculation (maybe on this thread) a while ago, based on nothing more than the timing of the change in the Epic and that many people say BMG is better suited to an American audience than European.

I haven't heard any rumours about the Blue Men. I raised it as pure speculation (maybe on this thread) a while ago, based on nothing more than the timing of the change in the Epic and that many people say BMG is better suited to an American audience than European.

I hope not. I really, really hope not. I cannot see NCL "recycling" BMG to a new ship, thankfully.

I would not find this that impressive. This is an establishment they have at all the tourist traps. So now on a cruise ship? They make and keep their margaritas in those frozen mix containers and just pour them out like soda. Its about the name, not the quality of the drink since they are made pre-packaged and pre-mixed.

I just prefer to leave all the touristy and name brands on land when I cruise. I know Royal started it with Johnny Rockets and Starbucks. Nothing wrong with it but adding Margaritaville on a cruise ship is probably the least creative thing you can do. But I suppose when you are eating your Carlos cupcake you can drink your pre-made margarita :) What next? McDonalds and Burgerking? I like when cruise ships can be creative and create their own brands and lounge experience. But to each their own. Its a name brand and thats about it. But you can go anywhere to experience it. So its not that welcoming to me IMHO.

It's Jimmy Buffett. I think it's huge!

Thanks for the pics!

I'm one of the folks who is happy with Margaritaville. Yes it is touristy, not meant to be a serious place but I love the fun atmosphere and music. Hopefully they will keep good music there nightly, we will be on the Escape one year from today!

Agreed. I'm happy with anything Jimmy Buffett - and you can't get more "Florida" than that ;)

Me too!!

Well O'Sheehans is still listed on the official Escape website, so I'd say yes it will be there.

I think location wise the 5 O'Clock Somewhere bar replaces the martini & mojito bar location at the top of 678 Ocean; And my guess is Tobacco Road bar replaces Maltings/Sunset bar location.

Edited by joeski27

Well O'Sheehans is still listed on the official Escape website, so I'd say yes it will be there.

I think location wise the 5 O'Clock Somewhere bar replaces the martini & mojito bar location at the top of 678 Ocean; And my guess is Tobacco Road bar replaces Maltings/Sunset bar location.

The 5 O'clock Somewhere bar will be on the Waterfront.

See story below.

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/travel/cruises/article4283931.html