Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

All ships are required to fly a flag, the so called 'flag state'. The state which the vessel is flagged to is the country that will enforce the international regulations such as SOLAS (safety), MARPOL (Pollution), ISM (Safety Management). NCL choose the Bahamas as this is cheaper than having a vessel flagged to either the USA or an EU country such as the UK. When you build a vessel you intstruct the shipyard which flag you wish the vessel to fly. The vessel must be registered with a flag before she can undergo sea trials (the flag state along with the classification society are actively involved in the construction of the boat). The vessel therefore is not in German command but rather the shipyard and their investors own and are liable for the ship until the buyer accepts the trials and hands over the cheque

Very cool information my kids have always asked. What the flags meant and I never knew. I knew they where "registered" to the Bahamas for insurance/liability but never knew it was also for regulation enforcement.

So does anyone know if NCL's partnership with Lavazza is over? I love Lavazza and was so looking forward to having it on our June cruise. I'm not booked in the Haven but if I were I would not be pleased as the Lavazza coffeemaker was a huge selling point to me. Nespresso is like Starfolgers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

NCL got me started drinking Lavazza. I am sad to see it changed over.

The bad thing about Instagram, the popularity of heavy filters.. despite the filter still sharing; the top level of the two story pool bar seems a popular spot!

12142327_1506611566331832_185430806_n.jpg

edit; maybe because it's a smoking area too.. saw ashtrays in another pic.

Edited by FreestyleNovice