Yogurt and muesli

metter

I have read that the Aqua Spa cafe does a yogurt and muesli breakfast dish that costs about $5. The post suggested that for premium beverage package holders this was included. This seems strange as it's not a beverage. I would love this for breakfast as it sounded a nice low far Greek yogurt. Can anyone confirm that this is factual?

Sailing on the Solstice in 13 day time.

It is our breakfast of choice and we have never had to pay an up charge…drink package or not. It is included. I think the only thing they charge for is the smoothies, but if you have a drink package, they are included.

They are great too. :) Enjoy!

When we were on Solstice in December, the breakfast yoghurt parfait in the Aqua Spa Cafe became my husband's favourite breakfast. It would have cost $6 each but he had the premium non-alcohol drinks package and it was covered by this package. He did, on occasion, have two!

Jennie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have read that the Aqua Spa cafe does a yogurt and muesli breakfast dish that costs about $5. The post suggested that for premium beverage package holders this was included. This seems strange as it's not a beverage. I would love this for breakfast as it sounded a nice low far Greek yogurt. Can anyone confirm that this is factual?

Sailing on the Solstice in 13 day time.

don't expect anything like Fage Greek yogurt/ nothing close, may be lowfat but sugar and nothing like the Greek lowfats in the stores today

don't expect anything like Fage Greek yogurt/ nothing close, may be lowfat but sugar and nothing like the Greek lowfats in the stores today

The attendant in the Aqua Spa Café on Century showed me the container of the yogurt that is used in the parfaits and sundaes on that ship.

It was Oikos Non-fat Greek Yogurt and it was delicious.

Both parfaits and sundaes are $5.00 each, and they were covered by my premium beverage package. I don't know if they were covered by the classic package or not.

The attendant in the Aqua Spa Café on Century showed me the container of the yogurt that is used in the parfaits and sundaes on that ship.

It was Oikos Non-fat Greek Yogurt and it was delicious.

Both parfaits and sundaes are $5.00 each, and they were covered by my premium beverage package. I don't know if they were covered by the classic package or not.

I'm SO happy to read this!!! I've just managed to lose a ton of weight, and this will be my first cruise in "maintenance." Non-fat greek yogurt is part of my breakfast at home!!! Now, to see if I can find healthy choices elsewhere…… No, we aren't in AQ, because there are 3 of us. I wish AQ had some 3 person cabins to accommodate the odd-number parties.

I'm SO happy to read this!!! I've just managed to lose a ton of weight, and this will be my first cruise in "maintenance." Non-fat greek yogurt is part of my breakfast at home!!! Now, to see if I can find healthy choices elsewhere…… No, we aren't in AQ, because there are 3 of us. I wish AQ had some 3 person cabins to accommodate the odd-number parties.

Congratulations on the weight loss! We too engaged in a weight reduction programme and, for the first time in our lives, did not put on any weight on our last two cruises. We chose to eat healthily at breakfast and lunch, but not to limit ourselves in the evening. That said, we are eating much more fish and poultry, with less red meat and we found even in the evenings we were more likely to choose those types of dish.

We have a staple breakfast, which is granola with lots of dried fruits and nuts, and fresh berries with greek yoghurt. We found we were able to replicate it more or less, but had to work hard around different serving areas at the buffet....that burned a few more calories, so no great problem!! You will not find greek yoghurt, but should be able to get non/low fat plain yoghurt which is fine. Lunches we focused on salad items, making sure we used the low fat/calorie dressings sparingly, and fruit. We allowed ourselves the odd sweet treat in the afternoon, limiting ourselves to one or two items at most.

The final thing we did was, apart from coming back on at ports, to avoid the elevator and used the stairs. That helps burn off the calories too. I wish you success, and write this simply to testify that it is possible to do the "maintenance" aspect of diet and still enjoy your cruise.

Edited by hamrag

Congratulations on the weight loss! We too engaged in a weight reduction programme and, for the first time in our lives, did not put on any weight on our last two cruises. We chose to eat healthily at breakfast and lunch, but not to limit ourselves in the evening. That said, we are eating much more fish and poultry, with less red meat and we found even in the evenings we were more likely to choose those types of dish.

We have a staple breakfast, which is granola with lots of dried fruits and nuts, and fresh berries with greek yoghurt. We found we were able to replicate it more or less, but had to work hard around different serving areas at the buffet....that burned a few more calories, so no great problem!! You will not find greek yoghurt, but should be able to get non/low fat plain yoghurt which is fine. Lunches we focused on salad items, making sure we used the low fat/calorie dressings sparingly, and fruit. We allowed ourselves the odd sweet treat in the afternoon, limiting ourselves to one or two items at most.

The final thing we did was, apart from coming back on at ports, to avoid the elevator and used the stairs. That helps burn off the calories too. I wish you success, and write this simply to testify that it is possible to do the "maintenance" aspect of diet and still enjoy your cruise.

That sounds very much like my plan, thank you. Sometimes healthy choices can be difficult to find, but I'm getting better at it. In addition to what you mentioned, I plan to hit the gym each morning and drink plenty of water. I will allow myself some indulgences, but not overdo it.

• 8 months later...

when I was prepping for my celeb reflection trip in march, I remember reading that some ships included the smoothies/greek yogurt sundaes as part of the premium bev pkage. I know the Reflection included this.

Does anyone know if the Silhouette includes smoothies/yogurt sundaes in the prem bev pkage?