Is it possible to go back to an inside?

bleehow

Dealing with this right now!! We are booked for an inside on the Breeze (lido deck) and I am starting to get antsy for that balcony;) Its me, DH, DS (15), and DD (12). Balcony gives us some extra space and is just so wonderful to wake up to in the morning and settle in at night. I'm thinking of nixing a shre excursion in favor of upgrading to a balcony on Lido....

Have you ever tried a porthole room? It is the cheapest room on the ship (same as interiors) and you still get natural light. You can close the blinds at night if you don't want light, but at least you can look out to see where you are and the weather.

I haven't done a balcony, but I've always had an oceanview up until this last cruise on the Dream. We booked inside cabins for that sailing. I LOVED THE INSIDE CABIN! (Yes, I'm yelling!!!) It was so cozy. You could sleep and not care what time it was....great for napping. :) I checked out the balcony room across the hall. It was nice, but too bright for me.

Edited by FloridaMomma

We've never had an inside stateroom, but there are advantages as others have already pointed out like being able to cruise more frequently. But I don't think we could ever sail without a balcony. Carnival has some very nice balconies!:D

The past 2 cruises (conquest & magic) have been an inside. Bottom of the boat inside cabin. Yes we are those people that go the cheap way. We added it up before and ALL of our excursions were covered from the amount of the cheapest to a balcony. Well, we plan to go E Carribean and it looks like in the Keys & Nassau, we can just walk to see all the interesting things. This means, theoretically, we can get the balcony, probably a cove one, and still spend the same amount we usually do. I hear once one has had a balcony, one never goes back to an inside. I'm wondering if that is true? We have 5 pets we board, so this expense is the same if not more than the trip itself. I don't want to have an awful time on my next cruises since we "splurged" on this one. Also, has anyone figured out when the best prices are?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've had a balcony twice and a window a few times. No problems going right back to an inside- in fact, I'd only get a balcony if it was "free" via rates dropping.

Have you looked into a petsitter? We hire one for our 4 dogs and she only charges $50 per night (spends 8p-8a with them) and visits them at about 3pm as well. It's more than 2x that (almost 3x) to board all four of them.

We have been on 12 cruises and were lucky enough to be upgraded on our lst one to an OV - Once we were upgraded to balcony and I can honestly say I am just as happy with an OV so you might think of that. There would be an advantage to the balcony if you smoke - otherwise we save money and still have a view with an OV

I started with insides and went to balconies. I could maybe do an ocean view but I doubt I could go back to an inside. I get motion sickness and being able to see the horizon is key for me on a ship.

I'm not going to be able to cruise anymore often than I do regardless of what cabin I get due to vacation time, airfare and other factors. So I may as we'll spend a little more to get a cabin that I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ehpride

You will definitely enjoy the balcony, but you can go back to an inside. My very first cruise was a balcony, but since then I've had numerous inside cabins and was still happy. As long as I am on the ship, I am happy.:D

Ditto! :D We've only done a balcony twice, and only because we were sailing with the SIL and she wanted more space than an inside provided. Otherwise, it's been insiders all the way. Mostly the DH, DS, and I in the same inside cabin except for two cruises when he brought a friend and they had their own inside cabin. No problem ever! Loved the balcony, but love to cruise more so it will probably be an inside cabin for us again next cruise!:eek:

Our first cruise was a balcony. It was my dream trip come true - always wanted to do a cruise. Splurged for our 25 wedding anniversary. Next two cruises were inside - bottom of the ship! Decks 1 and Deck 2. Once with our 20 year old daughter, and then the next one with our 2 daughters.. 19 and 21. (two bunks out of the ceiling) Last year and this year - we have insides - just the two of us. It means whether we cruise or not. We went to insides and do not care if we have a balcony or not. (Next year we have the Pride repositioning cruise booked) and they have a 4K catagory room. It's layed out like a balcony room (extra space - the couch, etc.. but there is only french doors with obstructed view... we can have light and air - but no balcony. It's the same price as an inside cabin - which is the only reason we booked it. It's a 14 day cruise (to Panama) so yeah... it's good to have the extra space for crusing that long- but will be nice to have the light or see the weather... but - we have no need to have a balcony... and don't think they are truly worth their money (to us). We have to pay more in airfare than the cost of the cruise - just go get to the ports.. so we have to take the cheapest catagory cabin - or we wouldn't get to go at all! :cool:

Edited by jmkel

DW and I are going on cruise #3 in May and we are booked in a porthole cabin. Our other cruises have been an ocean view and a balcony so this will be our 1st inside cabin. I can not imagine that it will be that bad though because I don't spend much time in the cabin.

Yes, very possible, IMHO. I jump all over the place depending on itinerary, price, how many trips I have planned each year, (most years we do land based vacations in addition to cruising.) This year I had an aft balcony on Carnival Liberty, will have an obstructed OV, (actually has a great view), on my Princess Alaska cruise in September, and an inside on HAL, (they have the best insides), next December. On my last Princess cruise,a 14 night to Hawaii, we had an obstructed OV and I was so glad we didn't pay extra for a balcony as the weather on the sea days was hit or miss.