Privilege Beverage Package.

swabs

Ah!! In other words she went outside the package. Had she stayed within the choices of the package, no additional charges or signings would have applied. Essentially what you advised me of earlier in this thread for O. Still a good deal as she would have had to pay only the up charge for drinks not on the package instead of full price as on O.

That's just it, she was not aware that she was going out of the package because, unlike Oceania, Celebrity has all kinds of monetary stops built into their package, on the order of:

"You may have any Martini, up to a cost of X dollars."

The problem being that one has to consult the bar menu incessantly, in order to make sure that one isn't going over that silly limit.

The Oceania Prestige Package is far simpler by comparison. Virtually run of the house when it comes to cocktails.

That's just it, she was not aware that she was going out of the package because, unlike Oceania, Celebrity has all kinds of monetary stops built into their package, on the order of:

"You may have any Martini, up to a cost of X dollars."

The problem being that one has to consult the bar menu incessantly, in order to make sure that one isn't going over that silly limit.

The Oceania Prestige Package is far simpler by comparison. Virtually run of the house when it comes to cocktails.

Sounds like she might have had the basic package which does indeed have many restrictions. I only purchase the Premium when on X and find it covers basically all except XO cognac and some single malts ( which, I'm glad to see O covers). I believe there is a transition taking place at Celebrity, the end result of which will be an included (i.e.;higher cruise price) beverage package on all bookings.

Sounds like she might have had the basic package which does indeed have many restrictions. I only purchase the Premium when on X and find it covers basically all except XO cognac and some single malts ( which, I'm glad to see O covers). I believe there is a transition taking place at Celebrity, the end result of which will be an included (i.e.;higher cruise price) beverage package on all bookings.

Nope, we purchased their Prestige Package, such as it is, and at a $59 per day buy in, the $13 Stop seems an obnoxious money grabbing tool to me-

From the Celebrity Website as of TODAY:

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving