Library on Equinox - Is this still true?

tbmrt

Found this old post...Is this still the case on the Equinox? I have my kindle, but still enjoy reading "real" books!

We just got off the Equinox last Friday and found a fairly well stocked library. A few points...

...unlike some lines, it is open 24 hours a day and check out is on the "honor" system. Let's hope that books are not walking off of the ship. I certainly did appreciate the fact that it was open more than a couple of hours a day.

Found this old post...Is this still the case on the Equinox? I have my kindle, but still enjoy reading "real" books!

We just got off the Equinox last Friday and found a fairly well stocked library. A few points...

...unlike some lines, it is open 24 hours a day and check out is on the "honor" system. Let's hope that books are not walking off of the ship. I certainly did appreciate the fact that it was open more than a couple of hours a day.

I think the honor system works.

I'll bet that there are more books in the library after a cruise than at the beginning although some might be different. I know that once I've read the books I brought on board I would gladly leave them for someone else to read. And I like to free up the weight in my suitcase.

And even those resource books; I can see them being left behind too, as you might never use them again.

Just off in February. It is open 24/7. It's a wide open space. There were a lot of books there. I did drop off several books I brought with and read. Next time I looked they were gone! It's kind of noisy, though, because you hear the weights from the elevators all the time. I don't know how anyone can relax and read there.

we did not find many current paperback choices although we always leave some very good ones there when we leave the ships... there were lots of foreign languages....some books are stacked way too high and can't reach them... we like browse as we pass through.. now that I have a tablet so i can load some up at home library before I sali...

Honor system seems like a good idea. From what I hear, they're more likely to get donations than a standard library and since if someone accidentally -- or "accidentally" brings a book home with them, tracking them down to another continent (potentially) seems like quite the hassle.

Have found it well stocked on the eclipse, equinox and silhouette. Found if you go on embarkation there are many books left from guests but they soon go. There are plant of books owned by celebrity that can be borrowed although I have to say I find the area filled with more people sleeping than reading

Not only is it a great place to leave the books you've brought and read, it's a wonderful place to sit and read them. I've also spent many an hour doing needlework when I wanted to get away a little bit. It's not totally quiet because it's on the atrium and the ding-ding of the elevators and some atrium *noise* happens, but it's still a lovely place to sit. My favorite place to read is in the Relaxation Room at the front of the ship but this would be a close 2nd.