Prohibition Event on Allure? Has anyone book this?

JoyB

We did it! Got dressed up for it... guys in their black shirts and fedoras, us ladies with our boas and flapper dresses. Enjoyed it, had a good time. The drinks are served in teacups, there's an illegal horse race, dancing to jazz. Lots of fun. Even my DH who does nothing like this ever agreed it was fun. :D Do it.... It's tied in with "Chicago"

We who do not normally dress in costumes dressed up... took our newly 21 year old child... the drinks flow, and we took in a lone attendee. They do a nice job of the build up, the secret entrance, and run before the cops bust the place. its great to walk down the hall and have every one ask "why are they dressed like 1920 era gangsters?' the costumes are cheep on line.. so book it and say a friend of Mr Gold said yer ok-W-

It was fun! The women dress like flapper girls and the guys have their gangster look! You're given a password to enter the speakeasy (the Jazz on 4 venue) and a lapel pin and enter through a secret door. Someone shows the women how to dance the Charleston and someone else shows the guys how to dance (I can't remember the name of the dance). There is also a photographer on hand to take pictures. The drinks are served in tea cups (though there were no limes for the gin and tonics) and there are also snacks. Later, Mr. Gold makes an appearance and thanks you for joining him. It was a one time event for me but it was fun!

We went and loved it. One of the highlights of our Allure cruise. You can get info and see some of the costumes people wore in my review below.

Enjoy and have a great cruise!

It starts on page eight so you don't have to wade through my "War-and-Peace" review. :)

Edited by ksawyercruiser

can you tell me about it? how was it? what was done there?

There's a live jazz band. We thought they were one of the better bands on the ship.

If you like to dance to jazz/swing, there's a dance floor. Our entire group danced. Several other people did.

The flapper hostesses taught the ladies how to Charleston.

The drinks are free (included in the price you paid) and plentiful.

Most people dressed up. Our entire group did.

is it worth the charge?

It was for us.

would you go again

Certainly.

It was just like what everyone else said. You can find all you need for a costume at places like Party City. We had a blast. There are a couple pictures on this page of my live report when we were there last year. Sign up early as they do not let a lot of people in.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1850630&page=17

I can't find out how to find any information for the Prohibition Party for the 4/27 sailing on Allure. Anybody got the secret passcode to get into the system to get information??

You book it in the restaurant/dining section if it is not already full.

You book it in the restaurant/dining section if it is not already full.

I looked all over trying to find a link for our sailing and couldn't find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We cruise on the Oasis in May, do they have the same party? We have also purchased the drink package, is the price still the same? Do we just book at customer service or can we book before boarding?

This looks like a blast!

We cruise on the Oasis in May, do they have the same party? We have also purchased the drink package, is the price still the same? Do we just book at customer service or can we book before boarding?

This looks like a blast!

I thought I read on here that they are now offering it on Oasis. if it is still available on your cruise it would be in the "Specialty Restaurants & Dining Experiences"

I thought I read on here that they are now offering it on Oasis. if it is still available on your cruise it would be in the "Specialty Restaurants & Dining Experiences"

Thanks you are correct it is available and just made reservations.

What day and time was it held on Allure Western swing?? Would hate to book it and have it clash with our already full schedule,

Thanks!!

On our Allure Western in Jan it was at 10:30 pm, after the second formal night (which I think was the 5th night). If you book it through the pre-cruise planner, it will tell you the date and time.

It was one of the most fun things we did on the ship. And I don't even drink. ;)

We had a friend take pix of us in our flapper/gangster costumes in front of the classic car on the promenade - it's my favorite picture from the cruise. The costumes and the car just look great together.

On our Allure Western in Jan it was at 10:30 pm, after the second formal night (which I think was the 5th night). If you book it through the pre-cruise planner, it will tell you the date and time.

It was one of the most fun things we did on the ship. And I don't even drink. ;)

We had a friend take pix of us in our flapper/gangster costumes in front of the classic car on the promenade - it's my favorite picture from the cruise. The costumes and the car just look great together.

I loved the looks we got walking through the promenade. :)

I am sailing on the allure on May 25th and I booked this party. I am looking forward to it even though I do not drink much. I kind of hope they have fruity drinks even though those are not 1920s themed.

I am sailing on the allure on May 25th and I booked this party. I am looking forward to it even though I do not drink much. I kind of hope they have fruity drinks even though those are not 1920s themed.

They don't have frozen drinks, but when I told them I don't drink much alcohol, and DH doesn't drink at all, they brought us some non-alcoholic punch - i'm not sure what was in it, but it was really good. Our friends who were drinking said they had a similar drink with the alcohol in it. It was definitely fruity, though not frozen.