Your Lido Buffet "Creations"

Love the milkshake idea! I'm going to have to remember to pack Oreos so I can make my own Oreo McFlurry.

Plus, lemonade and vodka! Planning on working my way thru the mini bar and forgot about lemonade as a mixer.

Jennifer

Somebody here mentioned the pineapple relish on the Tandoori with ice cream and I was wondering what else I could put that with - like a salad... The salsa sounds good but not sure about it on Indian food...

Edited by Mekamax

Somebody here mentioned the pineapple relish on the Tandoori with ice cream and I was wondering what else I could put that with - like a salad... The salsa sounds good but not sure about it on Indian food...

The Indian food on Carnival is excellent. Made by chefs who know Indian.

I'll be on the Imagination in a couple of weeks. Sadly, it does not have a BIC. If it did, I'd make a burrito with beef, cheese, guacamole, and salsa, and then get some fries to make a California burrito. Or, skip the tortilla and make carne asada fries.

I'll be on the Imagination in a couple of weeks. Sadly, it does not have a BIC. If it did, I'd make a burrito with beef, cheese, guacamole, and salsa, and then get some fries to make a California burrito. Or, skip the tortilla and make carne asada fries.

Please describe this California burrito.

During breakfast I get a couple glasses of the passion fruit drink. Then later

I will get me a glass of vanilla soft serve. Pour the juice over and enjoy. On one cruise the room steward kept throwing out the juice, thinking it was left over from breakfast, so now I hide it.

I save the passion fruit drink and later in the day add ice and some rum! :D Yummy!!

I tried the milkshake on our cruise a couple weeks ago and it was so good! I used a swirl of chocolate and vanilla ice cream and chocolate milk. Every morning I grabbed the chocolate milk from breakfast and stored it in our fridge to make the shakes later in the day. One morning I spotted the peanut butter and a banana so I grabbed those too. That one was a little more work to mix - but worth it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have always found it easy to get milk/choc milk. We just ask the buffet attendant and they always seem more than willing to oblige. We have even done this late at night when only the cleaning crew is back there =)

Crumble a brownie or a couple of chocolate chip cookies. That's easy, they're usually REALLY dry.

Cut up a banana, keeping just the unbruised parts, like half.

Bury them under a layer of vanilla ice cream. Yeah. And I ate fruit.

I get my fruit from strawberry jello, orange jello, and dairy is the whipped cream.

This was weird but it actually worked for me- I got the Mongolian wok with all veggies, noodles etc and skipped the sauce (szewhan - ignore spelling please- was too hot, the others didn't appeal). I then got chicken fingers, cut them up and added them plus the honey mustard dipping sauce that comes with them into the Mongolian wok bowl after it was cooked.

Really strange and I don't know why I tried it the first time, but I ended up getting that 3 times in a 5 day cruise for lunch!

That is awesome - where were chicken fingers/ mustard sauce found?

I totally agree that the sauces are lacking at wok station. I skipped after first try, and standing downdraft of someone who did use Hot stuff and made people's eyes water from smoke.

We have always found it easy to get milk/choc milk. We just ask the buffet attendant and they always seem more than willing to oblige. We have even done this late at night when only the cleaning crew is back there =)

They even searched for honey late at night for me. Poor lido chef schlepped down to the main galley for me.

That is awesome - where were chicken fingers/ mustard sauce found?

I totally agree that the sauces are lacking at wok station. I skipped after first try, and standing downdraft of someone who did use Hot stuff and made people's eyes water from smoke.

They're found on ships with the regular grill. Not at Guys.

I do not like any of the sauces on the Mongolin? Wok. One of the cooks ask me to go get a packet of sugar and he would make me sweet and sour sauce. It was wonderful. Had it several times on the Splendor. Did on the Liberty this past October and will do it again September on the Liberty again. It is wonderful.

He used the Raw Sugar packet and soy sauce to make this sweet and sour sauce.

That is best idea ever - wish they had a red sweet/sour, but this will work. Now if someone can make a teriyaki we are good to go.

- I do like adding pineapple to my wok creation- may ask them to grill it if I bring it over.