Your Lido Buffet "Creations"

• 1 month later...
Last cruise we had to try a Double Meat with Cheese Pizza Burger.... :eek: A double meat from the grill and a slice of pizza added in it. Actually delicious! :)

Love some more breakfast ideas as hubby really isn't into breakfast and I now have chickens at home with fresh eggs so would like ideas for other stuff at breakfast.... Is there any place that has lettice that early (on Magic so no 2.o or Blue Iguana Bar) so we could make our own BLTs??? And where would the Mayo be early morning? Thanks!

I don't know if anyone else answered (still reading through all 12 pages), and I'm sure it's too late, but in case someone else wants to know. I've heard you can request a BLT w/ mayo for breakfast on the hanging menu. You can just write it in.

1- Bacon, slice of cheese, egg over easy, then go get grits (while hot) and add a pat of butter and a little salt/pepper(all in that order). Stir all together and yummy.

2- Bring a glass w/lid and fill with that yummy passion fruit juice. Put in fridg. and bring to lunch or dinner for a nice change. I hate that ice tea they serve.

3- Was told that you could order a banana split from the children's menu but only at dinner. Has anyone done this?

Edited by gizmo911

Sorry if this is a duplicate, I haven't read the whole thread...

In the MDR, I always ask for some peanut butter whenever I order a chocolate melting cake. Put a bit of peanut butter on your spoon for each bite of melting cake... results in a warm, melted Reese's cup! It's wonderful! :D

1- Bacon, slice of cheese, egg over easy, then go get grits (while hot) and add a pat of butter and a little salt/pepper(all in that order). Stir all together and yummy.

2- Bring a glass w/lid and fill with that yummy passion fruit juice. Put in fridg. and bring to lunch or dinner for a nice change. I hate that ice tea they serve.

3- Was told that you could order a banana split from the children's menu but only at dinner. Has anyone done this?

I have ordered the banana split many times!! Usually later in the week when I've had too many of the richer desserts. The split is a nice change of pace. 😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I love the Frosty and fries idea and the bowl of grits with all the fixings for breakfast. Thanks

Has anyone ever ordered the cheese plate to go from the MDR, to eat in room later. Any problem?

I've never ordered the MDR cheese plate to go - but have always found sliced cheeses on the Lido morning...noon and night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On one of our cruises my husband decided to test this idea, so he requested the childrens menu. Our server brought it back and tried to hand it to our daugher. She said, "No, it's for my dad."

Without blinking an eye, our server handed the menu to my husband. Then he also handed him three crayons and solemnly said, "Don't eat them, sir."

We always laugh when we remember that meal. And yes, my husband ordered and received the banana split from the childrens menu. No questions asked.

Another day I got grits and then took a slice of cheese from the meat and cheese display in the salad bar. I tore the cheese into pieces and stirred it into the grits with a pat of butter and salt and pepper to make pseudo cheese grits. Next time I'll make smaller pieces so the cheese melts more quickly.

I do the same thing except I put most of the cheese pieces in the bowl first than add the hot grits. Doing it this way makes sure the cheese melts. I also than put more cheese on top!!

Orange juice. Vanilla soft serve and vodka from our bon voyage bottle, ta da, adult dreamsickle.

Cant wait to try this one in a few weeks -

Might to break it out as well this summer over at Aqualand !

I'll let Ya know.

Thanks

Not too adventurous here, but I do mix soft serve ice cream with the hot chocolate on lido to make a very tasty drink. Just don't put too much ice cream in with it or you will make it cold and that's no good...

Yes, I discovered this concoction one chilly night up on Lido! I just bring a mug up to the soft serve machine (I prefer vanilla, but chocolate might be good too) then head back to the hot chocolate machine. Doing this in reverse just gets messy since the ice cream floats.

On our last cruise we brought a package of waffle cones to enjoy the soft serve. We could hardly walk two steps away without people stopping to ask where we got the cone. ;)

Even had one guy offer to buy one from me!

Feb '11 Carnival Elation

Nov '11 Carnival Fascination

Sep '12 Royal Monarch of the Seas

Nov '12 Royal Freedom of the Seas

Sep '13 Carnival Dream

Jan '14 Disney Dream

Mar '14 Disney Magic

Aug '14 Caribbean Princess

Oct '14 Carnival Dream

May '15 Carnival Sunshine

Nov '15 Carnival Sunshine

On our last cruise we brought a package of waffle cones to enjoy the soft serve. We could hardly walk two steps away without people stopping to ask where we got the cone. ;)

Feb '11 Carnival Elation

Sep '13 Carnival Dream

Jan '14 Disney Dream

Mar '14 Disney Magic

Oct '14 Carnival Dream

That's an awesome idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this is a duplicate, I haven't read the whole thread...

In the MDR, I always ask for some peanut butter whenever I order a chocolate melting cake. Put a bit of peanut butter on your spoon for each bite of melting cake... results in a warm, melted Reese's cup! It's wonderful! :D

OH YEAH! I will be having my WCMC this way moving forward!

Aqualand Marina? We used to keep our boat there.

Yeah I race out of LLSC down by Old Federal (crewing on fast sailboats) - and I keep my old (POS) cruising sailboat at Aqualand. (1977 Tidewater 26)

Was up there this morning (brrrrr) checking on it (and my new heater) -

Thanks again for the dreamcycle tip. Sounds great.

Feb '11 Carnival Elation

Sep '13 Carnival Dream

Jan '14 Disney Dream

Mar '14 Disney Magic

Oct '14 Carnival Dream

Best. Idea. Ever!!!