Balcony dinner is offered which night?

58Piano

Is the balcony dinner offered only on certain nights? Or can you choose which night you prefer? How far in advance should you make reservations?

If you want to see a sunset what time should you book? 30 minutes before the sunsets or more?

What is the menu on this dinner?

If you brought your own wine will they serve it to you?

Any full cruise day generally, but they only allow a few per knight so request early. I'd say 30 mins early should work

Our menu in 2011 was a Crab Quiche, Salad, Surf and Turf, a selection of Panacottas and nibbles and cheese. They will work with you, for example, I requested Prawns instead of Lobster, no issues.

They also brought my wife a strawberry daquiri no charge supposedly in lieu of champagne, but they brought the champagne too (neither of us are champagne drinkers.

Not sure about self carried wine, if it is your 'free botttle' technically its self serve, but I would be very surprised if the server batted an eye.

Photos here, if the link doesn't start direct go to page 4, UBD starts 3rd picture on row 3.

Ultimate Balcony Dinner - Crab Quiche

Is the balcony dinner offered only on certain nights? Or can you choose which night you prefer? How far in advance should you make reservations?

If you want to see a sunset what time should you book? 30 minutes before the sunsets or more?

What is the menu on this dinner?

If you brought your own wine will they serve it to you?

Edited by Loonbeam

You get the cocktail of your choice along with the champagne for dinner.

I would call Room Service soon after boarding to get your choice of evenings and time.

We have done this at least a dozen times and it is special each time.

Mike:)

And if you're into chocolate, the dessert is to die for.:D After we finally tried it once, dh agrees with me that it's the best $100 we've spent for something extra. If you don't have a balcony, or if the weather isn't good, they will serve it in your cabin.

You can also substitute a bottle of wine for the champagne. On CB, we had a choice of lobster, filet, or steak dianne. Call room service as soon as you can to reserve. Only do three per night on CB. Also told me they did not do unless you have a balcony. PS, you also get a free portrait.

You can also substitute a bottle of wine for the champagne. On CB, we had a choice of lobster, filet, or steak dianne. Call room service as soon as you can to reserve. Only do three per night on CB. Also told me they did not do unless you have a balcony. PS, you also get a free portrait.

And flowers. On the Grand we had to have dinner served in our cabin thanks to rain on leaving Hilo.

We enjoyed the balcony dinner so much that we have ordered one as a gift for our son & DIL on their upcoming cruise. We are not champagne lovers so we were allowed to substitute a bottle of wine up to the value of the half bottle of champagne ($32) or pay the difference to upgrade. A cocktail each was provided with some hors d'oeuvres before the meal, and the photographer came at that time to take pictures. We could select one free 8x10 print.

We were on Ruby Princess and booked the day we boarded. We had a choice of any day of the cruise, and could choose a time between six and eight thirty.

How much is the balcony dinner? If you don't drink or have your own drinks how much less is it?

It's $50pp with or without the drinks. Flat rate.

I would allow 90 minutes to be on the safe side.

Mike:)

And if you're into chocolate, the dessert is to die for.:D After we finally tried it once, dh agrees with me that it's the best $100 we've spent for something extra. If you don't have a balcony, or if the weather isn't good, they will serve it in your cabin.

Oh, yes, the dessert. Fantastic.

We did this for our anniversary. Wife says she's never felt so special. I'll have to do this on every cruise.

• 1 month later...