Getaway Pre-cruise Hotel

jgallow

Well, it depends on what you are looking for. If you want to experience Miami and the nightlife, stay somewhere on South Beach.

If you're just looking for a room for the night, go with cheap and convenient. We stayed at the Doubletree near the airport. Free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Then just take a quick cab to the port the next morning.

There is a lot of discussion on this on the Florida departures forum HERE.

We are staying at the B2 Miami Downtown Hotel, which is a prime location near the port, across the street from Bayfront Park and Bayside Marketplace. We were able to score a special rate of $74.50 on their website a couple months ago. It gets good reviews online.

InterContinental Miami is right across the water from the pier. Nice hotel and close to The Bayside Marketplace.

That is where we are booked for June and got a great rate at one of the discount sites online. Location cannot be beat! :)

We are staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites downtown right around the corner from Mary Brickell Village which have lots of restaurants and shops. Our cruise leaves on Saturday but we are arriving on Thursday afternoon. On Thursday we plan to lounge by the pool then walk to the village and hang out. On Friday we will either catch the free trolley or metromover (also free) and take the five minute ride to Bayside Market Place to look around. Then our plan is to take the water taxi ($10.00 each way) over to South Beach and look around. Breakfast is free at the Hampton Inn as well.

If you are just looking to crash the night before your cruise, don't spend big bucks on a hotel on south beach or downtown. Stay near the airport and save $$$$. If you are flying in and want a mini vacation prior to your cruise then stay in south beach or downtown. You can take the $2 bus to south beach or a $20 cab ride.

InterContinental Miami is right across the water from the pier. Nice hotel and close to The Bayside Marketplace.

Another vote for the Intercontinental Miami! We love the Concierge Club level - a nice way to kick off the cruise holiday. :D

We are staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites downtown right around the corner from Mary Brickell Village which have lots of restaurants and shops. Our cruise leaves on Saturday but we are arriving on Thursday afternoon. On Thursday we plan to lounge by the pool then walk to the village and hang out. On Friday we will either catch the free trolley or metromover (also free) and take the five minute ride to Bayside Market Place to look around. Then our plan is to take the water taxi ($10.00 each way) over to South Beach and look around. Breakfast is free at the Hampton Inn as well.

Great choice!! You will love that area. Great restaurants and bars. The metro mover is close by...Bayside doesn't really have many good places to shop ...very touristy. You will like walking around South Beach...good stores on Washington between 5th street and 10 street. While you are there try to make it down to Lincoln Rd. very nice place for lunch and to walk around.

Enjoy.

Intercontinental is great! We just booked there on Last Minute Travel and got it for $168....it's usually $300 or $400! It's within walking distance of Bayside Market and it's right on the water at Biscayne Bay. It really can't be beat!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

There have been a lot of good suggestions and I must admit the Intercontinental is at the top of my wish list. Our group went with the Hampton and I have to confess that I got a good rate ($140) by joining Hilton Honors online and then booking

• 2 weeks later...

In February we stayed at the Hotel Urbano on Brickell. We loved it, but the cab fare to the port was higher than I was expecting. Great little boutique hotel though with a fabulous breakfast (at your expense).

For our next Getaway cruise in September, we're staying at the Intercontinental.

We usually stay at the Mandarin Oriental. It isn't right next to the port, but about a 10 minute drive. Beautiful super high-end hotel too. P.S. Amex FHR gives $100 Food and Bev + Free Breakfast.

Edited by coold8