Flightseeing without reservation?

rubens

As we are doing a northbound cruise on Princess followed by a southbound one on Celebrity we'd prefer not to have to decide yet when to do flightseeing in Juneau or Ketchikan depending of the weather or mood.

Do you think it would be still possible to book a flight when we dock?

Thanks

Maybe, but, you will be taking what's left and more availability with only needing a single seat? You have "we'd" meaning 2 seats which will be more challenging.

If you continue with this idea, you would have more success trying to arrange this as soon as your ship clears.

This will result in "wasted" time, which seems you are ok with?

You have better odds of both getting seats at the last minute if you agree to split up.

Many parents of young children ask to split anyway, even if they can both get seats on the same helicopter and some also do it on small fixed-wing planes.

Edited by varoo

Anyone have thoughts on the cruise ship flightseeing in Juneau? We are the only ship in port the first week in May - will they sell out before we sail? I need to wait until we board before I book.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

Anyone have thoughts on the cruise ship flightseeing in Juneau? We are the only ship in port the first week in May - will they sell out before we sail? I need to wait until we board before I book.

DaveOKC

Yes, the ships hold back shore excursion slots for on board booking. But, if you aren't real flexible, submit your request right after you board.

If you are flexible, assuming your first port is Ketchikan, you can call direct and book from there.

Yes, the ships hold back shore excursion slots for on board booking. But, if you aren't real flexible, submit your request right after you board.

If you are flexible, assuming your first port is Ketchikan, you can call direct and book from there.

Thanks for the reply. I will book as soon as we board as there is only one time slot for my flightseeing excursion and Juneau is our first port.

DaveOKC

Thanks for the reply. I will book as soon as we board as there is only one time slot for my flightseeing excursion and Juneau is our first port.

DaveOKC

An alternative would be to just book direct with the vendor. You probably won't be down to making the decision until you get on board will you? Usually some savings, and if you happen to have OBC you want to use, there are ways around nonrefundable credits.