Thank You Royal Caribbean! You Rock!

We were on the RCCL Navigator of the Seas that was delayed in departing from Galveston on March 23rd due to an oil spill. While disappointed by the delay, we were very pleased with how RCCL handled the situation. Our entire cruise fare was refunded, we were allowed to stay on the ship at no charge with all services intact, all excursions were fully refunded, drink packages were refunded for days not sailing, full cruise loyalty program credits were given, and we received a 25% discount on future bookings. On top of that, we eventually sailed to Cozumel and still received the full refund. While shortened, it’s difficult to complain about a free cruise to Cozumel. The staff and crew onboard were empathetic and did everything they could to make our experience enjoyable under the circumstances. For a situation that was largely out of their control, I don’t think they could have handled it any better. It’s a great example of taking a bad situation and turning it around to your advantage. Thank you RCCL - you've made loyal customers out of this family. :)

We were on the RCCL Navigator of the Seas that was delayed in departing from Galveston on March 23rd due to an oil spill. While disappointed by the delay, we were very pleased with how RCCL handled the situation. Our entire cruise fare was refunded, we were allowed to stay on the ship at no charge with all services intact, all excursions were fully refunded, drink packages were refunded for days not sailing, full cruise loyalty program credits were given, and we received a 25% discount on future bookings. On top of that, we eventually sailed to Cozumel and still received the full refund. While shortened, it’s difficult to complain about a free cruise to Cozumel. The staff and crew onboard were empathetic and did everything they could to make our experience enjoyable under the circumstances. For a situation that was largely out of their control, I don’t think they could have handled it any better. It’s a great example of taking a bad situation and turning it around to your advantage. Thank you RCCL - you've made loyal customers out of this family. :)

very nice to hear.:):):):)

I think RCCL is taking lessons from Carnival on how NOT to handle things. I was booked on the Grandeur last may, but my cruise was cancelled due to the fire to broke out on board a few days prior. I was given a full refund of the cruise fare, plus I received a $500 certificate towards a future cruise. I'm glad you were still able to cruise to Cozumel, and by the looks of your post, it looks like you made the best of it, and still had a great time! Kudos!

They were just going to sit in Galveston for the week.

They only did it because Princess did it first with the Caribbean Princess.

RC just didn't want to look cheap & foolish...

Nice to know you have the inside track on all of RCI's decisions... really the only one that looks foolish here is you!

OP... glad you had a great cruise... excellent compensation... and what a great disposition! Happy sailing on your next Royal cruise!!

It was much more than Carnival did

Nice to know you have the inside track on all of RCI's decisions... really the only one that looks foolish here is you!

OP... glad you had a great cruise... excellent compensation... and what a great disposition! Happy sailing on your next Royal cruise!!

If you hadn't quoted it, I wouldn't have seen his comment. Love the ignore user feature.

Do you mean the refund that Princess gave, then rescinded, then reinstated after there was an uproar from the passengers? And you think RCI looks cheap and foolish?

I like both cruise lines, and I think they both handled the situation as well as they could given the situation and the information they had at the time. To me, the only entities that look foolish are people criticizing the cruise lines for their generous handling of a situation that was completely out of their control. Yes, there's always room for procedural improvement, and some individuals were more than inconvenienced, but I think your choice of words is petty.