Another HSN OBC promo

Got Tequila?

It was on my two reservations. :)

Margaret, you got it twice for 2 reservations you made before April 1st, right? Any suggestions on how to go about getting the promo for those of us also already booked? I called and got a "no".:mad: Sharon

Margaret, you got it twice for 2 reservations you made before April 1st, right? Any suggestions on how to go about getting the promo for those of us also already booked? I called and got a "no".:mad: Sharon

I simply called our PCC and requested he add them on. We are before final payment, but our pricing didn't change and I didn't lose any of the other OBC from a NCL promotion from awhile back so I don't think he did a cancel/rebook.

***These cruises were booked several months ago, well before April 1st.

Edited by Got Tequila?

I simply called our PCC and requested he add them on. We are before final payment, but our pricing didn't change and I didn't lose any of the other OBC from a NCL promotion from awhile back so I don't think he did a cancel/rebook.

***These cruises were booked several months ago, well before April 1st.

Thanks for responding, Margaret. You have a good PCC. Que sera sera! Sharon

I booked our cruise on 3/27/14. My brochure arrived today. My TA called to try to add the promo and was told our only option was to rebook. The price has increased and we would lose a large OBC to take advantage of the offer. I figured this would be the case but I thought it was worth a chance. Bummer. Hope others have better luck!

I received the package and called to see if I could add the $100 OBC & was told no. It's not a big deal since I knew I didn't book within the time period specified. I do have to say that I'm glad I did fill out the form because the brochure/book is nice even if I didn't get the OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Had applied for the booklet after booking Breakaway on 4/7. Got the email regarding merger and today noticed NCL special $100 credit as we'll. Called NCL and was easily able to get the adjustment! $200 obc on an GTY inside! Woohoo!:)

Hi everyone.

I booked our first NCL cruise today. I had ordered the brochure back when I read about this promotion. I booked the Getaway for Feb. 2016, and was told I couldn't use the promo, because I applied an AARP rate to the booking, and they weren't combinable. Is this correct, or do I need to call again?

Thanks for any help.

Nancy

Hi everyone.

I booked our first NCL cruise today. I had ordered the brochure back when I read about this promotion. I booked the Getaway for Feb. 2016, and was told I couldn't use the promo, because I applied an AARP rate to the booking, and they weren't combinable. Is this correct, or do I need to call again?

Thanks for any help.

Nancy

I booked the Breakaway today and was told the same thing. Sharon

I booked the Breakaway today and was told the same thing. Sharon

Tried to book getaway today and they said that the suite OBC could not be combined with the HSN promotion. Why make such a big deal about booking a Haven suite if the offers are not combinable? Does NCL thing think that the HSN promotion is better than the OBC or that we, customers, are stupid. Very disappointed with NCL sale Strategies.

Tried to book getaway today and they said that the suite OBC could not be combined with the HSN promotion. Why make such a big deal about booking a Haven suite if the offers are not combinable? Does NCL thing think that the HSN promotion is better than the OBC or that we, customers, are stupid. Very disappointed with NCL sale Strategies.

Speaking of OBC, I don't see where any was applied to my booking even though it clearly said it was offered. Is that just for some categories? Or are discounts and OBC not combinable. :confused:

Sorry for all the questions. Trying to learn the ropes of a new cruise line, well, new for us anyhow. :)

Speaking of OBC, I don't see where any was applied to my booking even though it clearly said it was offered. Is that just for some categories? Or are discounts and OBC not combinable. :confused:

Sorry for all the questions. Trying to learn the ropes of a new cruise line, well, new for us anyhow. :)

Did you book directly with NCL or through a Travel Agent? TA OBC will not show anywhere except on your invoice from the TA unless your TA requests an amenity confirmation from NCL. If NCL was offering the OBC you should see it after logging in at myNCL.

What type of discount did you receive? That may make a difference too.

Edited by peg013

when they say suite or the haven does that mean a mini suite will recieve the udp also can you book this promo online or do you have to call

A mini suite does not have any perks and is just a glorified balcony room. Should be called a JR. Balcony IMHO....

but no, NCL does not consider a mini suites a suite

Harriet

Did you book directly with NCL or through a Travel Agent? TA OBC will not show anywhere except on your invoice from the TA unless your TA requests an amenity confirmation from NCL. If NCL was offering the OBC you should see it after logging in at myNCL.

What type of discount did you receive? That may make a difference too.

I booked directly with NCL, and used the AARP discount. I never saw any fine print where the 2 couldn't be combined. I can understand that the HSN discount and the OBC that NCL was offering couldn't be combined, but I didn't recieve either of those. Frustrating to say the least.

I ordered mine on April 2nd. Still no brochure nor any emails.

Harriet

I ordered the first day it was offered and haven't seen anything either. I probably won't be able to use the OBC but want the brochure! (Three cruises already booked but with AARP discount.) Nothing for my DH yet either.....he did his the day after mine. :(

Edited by peg013

Thank you for all your replies.

When I did this promo last time, my Costco TA was able to call NCL and have it applied to my existing reservation.

I will try again this time but there is NO WAY I am canceling and rebooking.

We are 6 in an H4 in August and when NCL was running the freesome, I was able to cancel and rebook at a few hundred dollars cheaper, get free UDP for first two people in my reservation and get free UBP for ALL in my party, three of which are over 21 (the rest got the free soda). I still have my OBC so think I just will leave well enough alone.

Thank you for all your replies.

When I did this promo last time, my Costco TA was able to call NCL and have it applied to my existing reservation.

I will try again this time but there is NO WAY I am canceling and rebooking.

We are 6 in an H4 in August and when NCL was running the freesome, I was able to cancel and rebook at a few hundred dollars cheaper, get free UDP for first two people in my reservation and get free UBP for ALL in my party, three of which are over 21 (the rest got the free soda). I still have my OBC so think I just will leave well enough alone.

Wow!!! You got a DEAL!

I booked directly with NCL, and used the AARP discount. I never saw any fine print where the 2 couldn't be combined. I can understand that the HSN discount and the OBC that NCL was offering couldn't be combined, but I didn't recieve either of those. Frustrating to say the least.

Same thing happened to me....nothing in any kind of print about not combinable with other offers....will not "ruin" my cruise, but it is disappointing.

Although it will do no good, I sent NCL a copy of the letter and "suggested" if they will not combine offers, they should put a disclaimer somewhere on the letter.

I know it will do me no good.....but I felt better by getting my 2 cents in!

Wow!!! You got a DEAL!

I really believe I did get the best I could get. We were purchasing both anyway for our party of 6 so it worked out nicely. We really enjoyed and cane out ahead last year with UBP but having it "for free" Im already ahead.

How many people who are cruising the only 2 ships the offer is good for, Breakaway and/or Getaway, for 7+ days, booked between 4/1 and 5/31/2014, are AARP members who know about the HSN offer? It's such a small number that NCL's arbitrary decision doesn't make sense to me in terms of alienating that small number, especially repeat cruisers.

I really believe I did get the best I could get. We were purchasing both anyway for our party of 6 so it worked out nicely. We really enjoyed and cane out ahead last year with UBP but having it "for free" Im already ahead.

We did the same thing and saved $1500, have 5 adults in the H4 that all are receiving the UBP and my DH and I get the UDP, plus we have $525 TA supplied OBC. No doubt this is going to be a fun, fun cruise. :):cool::)

We did the same thing and saved $1500, have 5 adults in the H4 that all are receiving the UBP and my DH and I get the UDP, plus we have $525 TA supplied OBC. No doubt this is going to be a fun, fun cruise. :):cool::)

Go us!