Another HSN OBC promo

Got Tequila?

Same thing happened to me....nothing in any kind of print about not combinable with other offers....will not "ruin" my cruise, but it is disappointing.

Although it will do no good, I sent NCL a copy of the letter and "suggested" if they will not combine offers, they should put a disclaimer somewhere on the letter.

I know it will do me no good.....but I felt better by getting my 2 cents in!

This offer has disappointed a lot of us.

I ordered mine on April 2nd. Still no brochure nor any emails.

Harriet

I ordered the first day it was offered and haven't seen anything either. I probably won't be able to use the OBC but want the brochure! (Three cruises already booked but with AARP discount.) Nothing for my DH yet either.....he did his the day after mine. :(

Did you ever get yours brochure or e-mail? I still haven't!

Harriet

Did you ever get yours brochure or e-mail? I still haven't!

Harriet

I haven't seen or heard anything nor has my DH. :( The person travelling with us in September did it April 12 and received her brochure within a week! :) I don't think I'll be able to use it anyway since all three cruises I have booked are booked with the AARP rate which saved us much more than $100. ;)

Edited by peg013

I ordered the first day it was offered and haven't seen anything either. I probably won't be able to use the OBC but want the brochure! (Three cruises already booked but with AARP discount.) Nothing for my DH yet either.....he did his the day after mine. :(

I haven't seen or heard anything nor has my DH. :( The person travelling with us in September did it April 12 and received her brochure within a week! :) I don't think I'll be able to use it anyway since all three cruises I have booked are booked with the AARP rate which saved us much more than $100. ;)

I'm wondering if it's a one time thing and since i did it last year I don't qualify for them to send it to me this year? That really doesn't make sense though.

Harriet

I believe the first week sign ups were not processed. I signed up dh later and he got the brochure. Same with my friend. Second signup did the trick. I would suggest everyone who has not received yne yet just sign up again. My friend actually got a ups tracking # two days later.

Getting ncl to apply it to an existing booking is another story and not many happy endings.

How many people who are cruising the only 2 ships the offer is good for, Breakaway and/or Getaway, for 7+ days, booked between 4/1 and 5/31/2014, are AARP members who know about the HSN offer? It's such a small number that NCL's arbitrary decision doesn't make sense to me in terms of alienating that small number, especially repeat cruisers.

Not only is it not compatible with AARP but I was just told my cruise would increase by $60 because my resident rate could not be used with it! Really? I was also told the obc had limitations for use but TA had it inquire further for details so I don't know those yet. not worth it for us. Seems to only be worth it for Haven passengers who want the UBP....

It's not going to effect my happy cruise😊

Happy sailing!

I got 3 brochures with 3 different Customer ID's and one had my correct address but incorrect first name. Adds insult to injury since they won't allow an AARP and HSN combo on my reservation. I guess their computers wanted to remind me 3 times, LOL.:p

My brochure finally arrived. Ordered it 4/1

My DH's and my brochures just arrived today. We ordered as soon as GotTequila posted about it. They must have just skipped that first week and are just now are getting back to us. :rolleyes: The one improvement this year is they actually have our current Latitude numbers on the letters so maybe it took all this time to find us. :) No need to learn a new number or have our accounts merged. Which is a good thing since most of us can't even use the OBC because of combining rates or OBC's. :(

Edited by peg013

We got our brochure in the mail but NCL can't find any HSN OBC in their system for us. I sent the letter to our rep and she and her supervisor are researching it.

Anyone else have this issue?

I had the same issue, call the number in the letter and they will handle your problem, with good results. :)

The letter you receive from NCL states that it is a Special Thank-you from HSN & Norwegian Cruise Line. Plus when your reserve a Haven Suite you are eligible for a $100. OBC & Free UDP.

No where do they tell you it is not combinable with the current booking perks.

Do they think everyone is a fool to take this offer and lose Suite OBC & AARP discounts? :confused:

We finally got our letter this week, I think we were part of the first batch also that got sent last.

We called out TA about adding it to our current Getaway booking and she put us on hold for a very long time and called NCL and told us it was already on our account. It was that easy for us to apply it last year with the same TA but.... I'm still a little skeptical because of the varying/disappointing results everyone else has been having. However, we don't qualify for AARP and we have a b6 balcony, not a suite, but we do have many promos & obc on our booking including a resident rate. We were told nothing would change and it was good to go. She told us she would send us a revised booking invoice with it included, so I guess we will see!

Edited by SchuppCruise

Ok. So, here is where I stand with my $100 OBC.....Received my brochure that has the Customer ID #. Took a picture and sent it to my travel agent. She calls me today and says that she called NCL and also looked under my account and neither the rep or her saw the coupon. She suggested I call HSN to either send me another brochure, or that they apply it to my latitudes number. As I was getting my information together before calling I did notice that my Customer ID and my latitude # was the same.

So, I call HSN and they inform me that I have to call NCL so they give me a direct number to get someone who would know more about the promotion. I call that number and then they transfer me to someone since I did book through a TA. (Getting transferred a lot is a bit aggravating but I'll stand it for $100 OBC...LOL!) I get to a new lady, "Gabby" and she was about to apply it to my account and then she came back with, "I'm sorry I do see you booked through a TA so they would have to contact us to apply this coupon to your account". Ahhhhhhh!!!! I just knew it was going to happen. I was extremely nice to everyone I spoke to. I did make sure she noted my account that I called and that my TA would be calling back to apply the promotion to my booking.

Now the waiting really begins. When my TA gets free she is going to contact them AGAIN. I do feel like I'm bothering her BUT, it IS $100.....Just hope I'm not getting on her nerves. Lol.

Ok. So, here is where I stand with my $100 OBC.....Received my brochure that has the Customer ID #. Took a picture and sent it to my travel agent. She calls me today and says that she called NCL and also looked under my account and neither the rep or her saw the coupon. She suggested I call HSN to either send me another brochure, or that they apply it to my latitudes number. As I was getting my information together before calling I did notice that my Customer ID and my latitude # was the same.

So, I call HSN and they inform me that I have to call NCL so they give me a direct number to get someone who would know more about the promotion. I call that number and then they transfer me to someone since I did book through a TA. (Getting transferred a lot is a bit aggravating but I'll stand it for $100 OBC...LOL!) I get to a new lady, "Gabby" and she was about to apply it to my account and then she came back with, "I'm sorry I do see you booked through a TA so they would have to contact us to apply this coupon to your account". Ahhhhhhh!!!! I just knew it was going to happen. I was extremely nice to everyone I spoke to. I did make sure she noted my account that I called and that my TA would be calling back to apply the promotion to my booking.

Now the waiting really begins. When my TA gets free she is going to contact them AGAIN. I do feel like I'm bothering her BUT, it IS $100.....Just hope I'm not getting on her nerves. Lol.

Please let us know if she's able to get it applied... My TA tried and they said no, but I think I might try calling myself to see if there is a different result.

Please let us know if she's able to get it applied... My TA tried and they said no, but I think I might try calling myself to see if there is a different result.

Well, horrible news.....It was unable to be applied to my booking. Boooo!!! In the fine print it does state that you have to book between the dates of April 1st-May 31st. Maybe someone else can get lucky and receive it on their booking! It definitely sucks. But oh well. Life goes on and I'm going on a cruise in 173 more days! Haha!

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered the brochure back in April, booked a cruise on the Breakaway for Oct on 5/22 with an Online TA who had a great Memorial Day promotion. I asked the TA to apply the HSN promotion and she stated that Norwegian advised that it wasn't compatible with my booking promotion. Bummer!! I got KSF, $50 from NCL for booking a balcony and $250 OBC from the TA plus a free speciality dinner for 2. What isn't compatible? Oh well! I decided not to push it, my deal was already awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to hear peoples' experience with having this added to existing reservations. I know it could be done last time, hoping it's the same this time.

I received my letter from HSN. I called my PCC to use the offer but he tells me it would cost me more to use that promotion for my already booked Getaway in October. The difference was $ 400. Not worth it for me.

I received my letter from HSN. I called my PCC to use the offer but he tells me it would cost me more to use that promotion for my already booked Getaway in October. The difference was $ 400. Not worth it for me.

Same here. Pretty worthless I guess...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My TA told me it wasn't applicable also.

It would have been nice. Sure doesn't make me want to buy anything from HSN; their merchandise might end up being just as valuable as this certificate!