Steel Drums and Caribbean Music Coming Back

sjcruiser

I agree, hopefully its not something that takes a long time to implement. I remember from my earlier cruising days that the musicians on the steel drums, also worked in other venues, and specifically one was a bartender on the Glory, Maybe its just a matter of working out current schedules, rather than new hires, or maybe they already have a list of available musicians who currently are multi-talented.

According to John Heald on his FB page, our voice has been heard by the beards at Carnival. Steel drums and caribbean music are coming back to the Lido Deck.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald

Let's not get this started again.........please try to post just what John said without embellishing it with your own hopes:

https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald

I just did my speech to the senior beards here at the conference asking for more live music on Lido deck including live bands playing Caribbean and cover music . They agreed and steps are already in place.

Live music does not translate to steel drums.......maybe it's going back to the duo's or trio's of the past..........I wouldn't mind having a bit of steel drums, but I'm not yet going to hold my breath that there will be much of it or how long it's going to take to appear across the fleet..........

Now we can all spend the next year(s) reading nothing but requests for freebies and questions about WHEN the live music is coming back on John's media pages...........

not to sound snippy but no where in that post did it say that steel drums were coming back. it said live music on the lido deck including live bands playing caribbean and cover music. i see no mention of steel drums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing how one person can take a message and twist it all around. It is no surprise the John Heald/Cruise Critic relationship is the way it is. Someone posts a speculation question here, next thing you know, 74 people are posting on JH blog asking why is Carnival doing/no longer doing XYZ. JH posts something on his blog and 74 people play a bad game of telephone with it and it gets posted here as something it is not.

Amazing how one person can take a message and twist it all around. It is no surprise the John Heald/Cruise Critic relationship is the way it is. Someone posts a speculation question here, next thing you know, 74 people are posting on JH blog asking why is Carnival doing/no longer doing XYZ. JH posts something on his blog and 74 people play a bad game of telephone with it and it gets posted here as something it is not.

And he even quoted the post...........and still misstated it :rolleyes:....

Maybe a lot has changed since my April 2012 Fantasy cruise. They had "live" music on Lido deck beside the pool.

It was just two guys playing, but it was live and with real instruments!

I'll know more in 24 days on my next Fantasy cruise. :D

Maybe a lot has changed since my April 2012 Fantasy cruise. They had "live" music on Lido deck beside the pool.

It was just two guys playing, but it was live and with real instruments!

I'll know more in 24 days on my next Fantasy cruise. :D

Basically, its the ships that have gone through the 2.0 downgrades thgat lost the live music to the DJ.

Basically, its the ships that have gone through the 2.0 downgrades thgat lost the live music to the DJ.

Ahh, I see.

I really enjoyed the live music on the Fantasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ahh, I see.

I really enjoyed the live music on the Fantasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love live music by good musicians, and I love DJ's that play the music I like.

But some DJ play the muisic SO loud to the point of over modulation, as well as a heavy playlist toward rap crap, that I end up going to more serene areas to escape.