Renaissance Hotel Seattle...what can I expect?

Hi I just got the Renaissance Hotel in Seattle for our 3 night pre cruise stay in June. It turned out to be farther away from Pike Place than we expected and it was announced as Pike Place Area so we're a little disappointed about that. From what I've read on trip advisor the property seems to be a good hotel.

Anybody who has stayed here? What can we expect? :confused::confused::confused:

Hi I just got the Renaissance Hotel in Seattle for our 3 night pre cruise stay in June. It turned out to be farther away from Pike Place than we expected and it was announced as Pike Place Area so we're a little disappointed about that. From what I've read on trip advisor the property seems to be a good hotel.

Anybody who has stayed here? What can we expect? :confused::confused::confused:

1. You can expect your legs to be stronger when you leave than when you arrive - it's at the top of one of the steepest hills in downtown Seattle; there used to be a cable car stop at the corner where it's built. (Seattle had cable cars like San Francisco's.)

2. You can expect fairly long walks to restaurants and cafes - the hotel is in the office core, several blocks from the main concentrations of other hotels and restaurants, as well as tourist attractions like the Seattle Center monorail.

3. You can expect comfortable rooms and possibly a great view due to its elevation. Or, you could have a terrific view of Interstate 5; the hotel is across the street. Well soundproofed, of course.

Aside from issues with its location, it's a fairly nice property all things considered.

We visit Seattle several times a year, and while we have never stayed at the Renaissance Hotel I just wanted to comment that we find the taxi fares in downtown Seattle to be very reasonable. So if you don't want to walk up the hill which Gardyloo mentions, just take a taxi.

I stayed at the Renaissance pre-cruise when we did Alaska.

The walk to the Market wasn't really that bad, but there is a steep hill. Just a hint, walk up on a different street where it isn't as steep, then come across.

The hotel was nice and suited our needs. I'd stay there again.

1. You can expect your legs to be stronger when you leave than when you arrive - it's at the top of one of the steepest hills in downtown Seattle; there used to be a cable car stop at the corner where it's built. (Seattle had cable cars like San Francisco's.)

2. You can expect fairly long walks to restaurants and cafes - the hotel is in the office core, several blocks from the main concentrations of other hotels and restaurants, as well as tourist attractions like the Seattle Center monorail.

3. You can expect comfortable rooms and possibly a great view due to its elevation. Or, you could have a terrific view of Interstate 5; the hotel is across the street. Well soundproofed, of course.

Aside from issues with its location, it's a fairly nice property all things considered.

This is not at all what we expected

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We visit Seattle several times a year, and while we have never stayed at the Renaissance Hotel I just wanted to comment that we find the taxi fares in downtown Seattle to be very reasonable. So if you don't want to walk up the hill which Gardyloo mentions, just take a taxi.

Thanks for the information. I looked up taxi rates and Pike Place to the hotel should be about $5-$6 so it's not that bad in case we're too tired after a long day of tourism

I stayed at the Renaissance pre-cruise when we did Alaska.

The walk to the Market wasn't really that bad, but there is a steep hill. Just a hint, walk up on a different street where it isn't as steep, then come across.

The hotel was nice and suited our needs. I'd stay there again.

Thanks for the tip! We are also there precruise to Alaska! Tried to save some money by doing priceline and ended un with this hotel and still paying a lot! Seattle is expensive in June!!

We arrived on a Saturday for a Sunday cruise. We got to the hotel around 3:00pm. I had to walk down the street to Men's Wearhouse to pick up a rental tux. And then back to the hotel. We then decided to head to the market. It was probably a 10-15 minute walk. The street going down next to the hotel is steep. Its best to walk down a street first, then turn to head down. Its not as steep that way. We had dinner around the market, then headed back.

The next morning, we were up early due to the fact that we are from the east coast. Our room rate included breakfast, so we ate at the hotel, then took a taxi to the Needle. Wasn't busy that early. We did the Needle and the Chihuly museum. Then we took the monorail back, and walked back to the hotel, where we got our luggage and a taxi to the pier.

We arrived on a Saturday for a Sunday cruise. We got to the hotel around 3:00pm. I had to walk down the street to Men's Wearhouse to pick up a rental tux. And then back to the hotel. We then decided to head to the market. It was probably a 10-15 minute walk. The street going down next to the hotel is steep. Its best to walk down a street first, then turn to head down. Its not as steep that way. We had dinner around the market, then headed back.

The next morning, we were up early due to the fact that we are from the east coast. Our room rate included breakfast, so we ate at the hotel, then took a taxi to the Needle. Wasn't busy that early. We did the Needle and the Chihuly museum. Then we took the monorail back, and walked back to the hotel, where we got our luggage and a taxi to the pier.

Sounds like a good time! We're arriving on Wednesday night for a Saturday cruise so we hope to spend Thursday in Pike Place and Friday in the Seattle Center Area.

We stayed there a couple years ago for 2 nights pre-cruise to Alaska. We were very happy with the hotel. There's a nice bar in the lobby and you can order light foods. I think we walked to Pike's Place and took a free or very reasonable bus back to the hotel. We walked to a mall where we could catch the monorail to the space needle. I think you'll be happy at that hotel. We were!

Marilyn

Happy hour at r view restaurant...nice view and decent sliders

Take a cab when you are tired...

Goto teatro zinzanni show near needle...dinner show and lots of fun...

Harbor cruise...find coupons in mags

Ferris wheel...

Pikes places has some decent eateries but do some research...it is uneven in quality...

Goto Olympic Hotel and check grand old hotel...the have high tea=very cool

Go to these suggested view places>>>http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2012/07/24/best-rooftop-bars-and-restaurants-in-seattle/

We stayed there a couple years ago for 2 nights pre-cruise to Alaska. We were very happy with the hotel. There's a nice bar in the lobby and you can order light foods. I think we walked to Pike's Place and took a free or very reasonable bus back to the hotel. We walked to a mall where we could catch the monorail to the space needle. I think you'll be happy at that hotel. We were!

Marilyn

Thank you! This puts me at ease!

Happy hour at r view restaurant...nice view and decent sliders

Take a cab when you are tired...

Goto teatro zinzanni show near needle...dinner show and lots of fun...

Harbor cruise...find coupons in mags

Ferris wheel...

Pikes places has some decent eateries but do some research...it is uneven in quality...

Goto Olympic Hotel and check grand old hotel...the have high tea=very cool

Go to these suggested view places>>>http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2012/07/24/best-rooftop-bars-and-restaurants-in-seattle/

Thanks!!