Whining....what do you think???

pungo3

My patience is being tried. TREMENDOUSLY I just spent 1 hour 15 mins on the phone with Carnival. My Milestone Cruise was 11/17 on the Legend. Alas, Carnival never gave me my credit or special S&S card. So, when I returned home, I called and ask for them to use the credit on my December 7 Dream cruise. I was on the phone with them for an hour that time and they assured me they had done it. Guess what, no credit. So a couple of months ago when I booked my 4/5/15 cruise, I spent another hour on the phone with them and they assured me my milestone credit would be credited. Also, I should see the credit on-line a few days before sailing. Guess what? I sail Saturday and still no credit. So I had to call again, just now, and beg for what was supposed to be done automatically (according to them) back in November. Of course, they don't believe that I didn't receive the credit, so they are ordering duplicate Sail & Sign receipts from the 11/17 and 12/6 cruises. I have my credit card statements and know exactly what I was charged. No credits on either cruise. So, now I wait. This is beyond frustrating. Have any of you had this type of trouble? Any suggestions?

Did you get a letter from Carnival about your Milestone credit?

I got mine a few months after my 24th cruise. It had my VIFP number and Milestone ID number. I just have to call to apply the 25%OBC.

Cruises 25 & 26 were the short ones out of Long Beach. I didn't want to use my credit for those cruises. The only thing I received on my 25th was my White card. We are going to use the Milestone credit for Hawaii.

Did you get a letter from Carnival about your Milestone credit?

I got mine a few months after my 24th cruise. It had my VIFP number and Milestone ID number. I just have to call to apply the 25%OBC.

Cruises 25 & 26 were the short ones out of Long Beach. I didn't want to use my credit for those cruises. The only thing I received on my 25th was my White card. We are going to use the Milestone credit for Hawaii.

That's the first question they asked me. They never sent me the letter. It's been a total mess from the beginning. I'm glad it wasn't applied on 25 or 26 because 27 is considerably more money. :D

I did not know they allowed you to "save" your credit for later use. Kind of like a restaurant that gives you a free breakfast on your birthday. You cannot just go in a month later and collect.

If they allow the save it till later option, how long can you save it? I would think it would HAVE to be used on the 25th!

I did not know they allowed you to "save" your credit for later use. Kind of like a restaurant that gives you a free breakfast on your birthday. You cannot just go in a month later and collect.

If they allow the save it till later option, how long can you save it? I would think it would HAVE to be used on the 25th!

Well, Carnival didn't give it to me on my 25th. I asked and they admitted they 'dropped the ball'. They said I could use it on a future cruise, which I tried for my 12/7 cruise. Still no credit. Does anyone know the name of someone I could contact if the supervisor's supervisor doesn't come through tomorrow?

Letter is at home--IIRC I have 18 months to use it from a certain date. Don't remember offhand if it's the date of my 25th cruise or the date of the letter. Either way I'm goood.

I'm sorry for the aggravation you are experiencing Pungo3 (is their a Pungo1 and 2? ;))

I can only share my cardinal rule of always always insisting on an e-mail confirmation of any promises made to me by

any customer rep along with their names. Insisting on this has saved me from broken promises countless times.

Good luck getting what you should have already gotten.

I'm sorry for the aggravation you are experiencing Pungo3 (is their a Pungo1 and 2? ;))

I can only share my cardinal rule of always always insisting on an e-mail confirmation of any promises made to me by

any customer rep along with their names. Insisting on this has saved me from broken promises countless times.

Good luck getting what you should have already gotten.

Thanks! I'd already decided to insist on an email receipt before I hang the phone up. They are supposed to call me tomorrow. Time will tell.

Yes, there is a Pungo1 and Pungo2. Pungo is the name of my kayak, and my 2 friends also have Pungos (Wilderness Systems). We used to kayak together almost every weekend. In loading and unloading the boats, we referred to them as 1, 2 &3. My friends are 1 & 2. I just decided to keep my name for CC.:D

Contact John Heald. I was supposed to get my platinum pin and it didn't show up. I told him my booking # and date of the past cruise and my next cruise, and not only was my pin there but two ships on a stick and carnival' s finest champagne!

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg

Contact John Heald. I was supposed to get my platinum pin and it didn't show up. I told him my booking # and date of the past cruise and my next cruise, and not only was my pin there but two ships on a stick and carnival' s finest champagne!

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. I really hated to bother him, but this is getting ridiculous. I was told I'd be called back this morning, and here it is 2PM with no call.

A simple solution is to use a Carnival PVP.

You are still dealing directly with Carnival and they do all the leg work (or phone waiting).

Hubby received a letter because he was already past Milestone when they started the program for the 25%.

My youngest son and I used ours ON our 25th and never received a letter because it was a B2B (24th and 25th).

Our oldest son received a letter for his 25%.

For our 50%, we all received letters.

We have never had an issue using any of them.

A simple solution is to use a Carnival PVP.

You are still dealing directly with Carnival and they do all the leg work (or phone waiting).

Hubby received a letter because he was already past Milestone when they started the program for the 25%.

My youngest son and I used ours ON our 25th and never received a letter because it was a B2B (24th and 25th).

Our oldest son received a letter for his 25%.

For our 50%, we all received letters.

We have never had an issue using any of them.

Sorry, you are wrong. I've booked every one of my cruises through Carnival with a PVP. Carnival failed to issue my milestone letter which is why the problem started. ALL of my phone calls have been on hold with Carnival. One hand does not know what the other hand is doing. It is a mess.

In the case anyone is interested, I just this minute got my OBC. I had written John Heald but I don't know if he did it, or one of my emails or phone calls did it. Regardless, I now have my 25% OBC for milestone. I guess I won't turn into a Carnival hater after all. :D (a joke, of course)

That sounds extremely frustrating :mad: I hope they get this fixed for you without much more effort on your part (when there shouldn't be in the first place!).

Am I understanding correctly that when you hit a milestone, you get credit towards a future OBC? Is it only for the "big" milestones, or do we get one when we turn gold?

I've never even heard about getting any credit when hitting a milestone, so that would be good news either way :)

(EDIT!) I see you got it taken care of, awesome!

Edited by tdnosnhoj11

In the case anyone is interested, I just this minute got my OBC. I had written John Heald but I don't know if he did it, or one of my emails or phone calls did it. Regardless, I now have my 25% OBC for milestone. I guess I won't turn into a Carnival hater after all. :D (a joke, of course)

Pungo3,

Glad ya got it worked out....for now. :p

Carnival does have issues with how they keep track of cruise numbers; Our first Platinum was on the first leg of a B2B and we got the card / benefits. On the second leg we got the Red, White, and Blue first time cruisers card and no benefits. :rolleyes: Since then it seems that one of the five of us randomly gets a first time cruiser card, but not every cruise. It gives us something to look forward to when we're checking in! :D

Forgot to answer your question;

Whining....what do you think???

Nope, not at all. And now that you got it worked out you can say that you are winning!

Edited by PaulMedik

That sounds extremely frustrating :mad: I hope they get this fixed for you without much more effort on your part (when there shouldn't be in the first place!).

Am I understanding correctly that when you hit a milestone, you get credit towards a future OBC? Is it only for the "big" milestones, or do we get one when we turn gold?

I've never even heard about getting any credit when hitting a milestone, so that would be good news either way :)

(EDIT!) I see you got it taken care of, awesome!

For your 25th Carnival cruise, you get 25% of your cruise fare as an OBC on that cruise. For your 50th cruise you get 50%, for 75th cruise you get 75%. It's a one time deal. Since they missed my actual 25th cruise, I have been allowed to receive it on my 27th Carnival cruise.

Hang in there and keep sailing Carnival. You'll be there before you know it.:D

I chose the 2nd half of my B2B, #26, which we booked a suite for the Breeze TA for my milestone. I did not receive my white milestone card nor 25% OBC. I simply went to guest services and maybe 10 minutes later had my milestone card and credit.

Seems like you went through a lot of frustration but glad it worked out!

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

For your 25th Carnival cruise, you get 25% of your cruise fare as an OBC on that cruise. For your 50th cruise you get 50%, for 75th cruise you get 75%. It's a one time deal. Since they missed my actual 25th cruise, I have been allowed to receive it on my 27th Carnival cruise.

Hang in there and keep sailing Carnival. You'll be there before you know it.:D

Oooh! I see! Wow, it might be a bit LOL Thank you though, I had no idea!

I had a different issue, but the same tiring 3 hours on the phone... I finally got John Heald involved who got me answers and action.

I also felt I had no other option because I was getting NOWHERE. I hate being the whining complainer, but I knew I was right and had the e-mail proof that the next CCL employee refused to honour.

My PVP was on my side.... it was beyond her control!

I had a different issue, but the same tiring 3 hours on the phone... I finally got John Heald involved who got me answers and action.

I also felt I had no other option because I was getting NOWHERE. I hate being the whining complainer, but I knew I was right and had the e-mail proof that the next CCL employee refused to honour.

My PVP was on my side.... it was beyond her control!

I hated involving John since he is so busy. But, I had my OBC within 3 hours after posting.

So glad you also got your problem solved!

We should be milestone by March of next year. I have already been going over this with our PVP to make sure that we are on time on the days that are necessary, She has already told me to get back in touch with her a couple of months ahead of time to make sure there are no problems receiving the discounts/awards.

I'm just wondering if there is the option to get this 25% discount on the cruise of your choice ?

If the 25th is a cheapo ,can you save this bonus for a more expensive cruise a little later ?

Edited by richstowe

Folks above have stated that it does NOT have to be on the 25th. Once you are at 25, you can use your OBC when you want, assuming they actually grant it to you.

I should get there before too much longer (#19 next month, #20 in November).

I don't actually plan on there being too many after that. As much as I like Carnival, and my wonderful PVP, and the prices, I just think it is getting close to time to move on. I'm usually solo these days, so the handful of no-single-supplement cruises is a nice change, but if those go away, I'll definitely be looking at other options

I cruise mainly to get to the ports and want to use my sea days to relax and I'm just not finding Carnival to be that relaxing. Guess I really am just getting old. :(

Anyway, they better not screw it up when I get to Milestone. I realize there aren't THAT many people out there who reach that point, but there's no reason why it should ever not be handled correctly! So, #25 may be a biggie (really want a Panama Canal cruise or Hawaii). I don't know that I'll give them the opportunity to get it right on multiple cruises after that if they mess up right off the bat!