Earliest u can get off breeze

Coopdog08

I disagree that it is a horrible idea. we most always do self assist. We have made this early flight with plenty of time to spare. It is only a 10-15 minute cab ride to the airport. Barring any issues, you can be off at 7:30 - 8, and be at the airport no later than 8:30. I would not sweat this, unless there is a delay in to port, and you can still make it most likely.:D:D

We were on a Breeze sailing which debarked on February 23, 2014.

I did self assist off as I was going to take the Alamo Car Rental shuttle to MIA and pick up a rental car and then return to the port to pick up my family who were getting off with zone 4.

I walked out of Customs at 7:05 AM. Got directly in a Alamo shuttle which did not leave until 7:20 AM.

I made it to MIA, picked up the rental car and was back to the Port by 8:35 AM.

So as you can see, if a person were to have gotten in a taxi at the time I got off the ship you could have easily been at the Airport by 7:30 AM.

Only caveats would be that: 1. You may not get off the ship that early for various reasons. 2. I don't know how long check in and security would take at the airport so you definitely have to factor both of those issues in to your decision.

For a US citizen it may be ok, but a warning for us Canadians. We have to wait for the US guests to clear customs first. Also, you have to check-in 90 minutes before your flight for trams-boarder. That being said, I was off the ship by 9 with self-assist.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For a US citizen it may be ok, but a warning for us Canadians. We have to wait for the US guests to clear customs first. Also, you have to check-in 90 minutes before your flight for trams-boarder. That being said, I was off the ship by 9 with self-assist.

What port does this? We've never had to wait for US guests to be processed before the rest of us. Last spring we were at the airport before 8 a.m.

bad idea. IF everything goes smoothly, you should be fine. HOWEVER, if somebody (which has happened to me on 2 cruises) doesn't claim their duty free (if they go over the allowance) they wont let anybody off. When I sailed RCL, we waited until 9am to disembark because of this and on a carnival cruise, it was 830 am. If customs gets backed up, its going to be cutting it close. I just spent a month in Miami for work, and the road construction is HORRIBLE.

If everything goes 100% smooth, you SHOULD be fine, but I wouldn't risk it. especially with security lines in MIA if your flying on American

Bad idea! Just off Breeze last weekend and had big delays at debarkation. That said, self-assist passengers were called for debarkation at 7:22AM (I looked at my watch when the announcement came), but right after that we got another announcement that everything was backed up at the terminal and delays were going to happen. We were 1 1/2 hours later that we were told we would likely get off. Might not have impacted all self-assist passengers, but not worth taking the chance IMHO.

In the past, Coast Guard and Custom inspections were regularly scheduled, but now I think they can both throw in surprise inspections. This could create an unanticipated delay.

But OP is going to the western Virginia area, based on the profile. I'd suspect that they'll have connection in either Atlanta or Charlotte (many flights from Miami) but fewer choices to their nearest airport from the connecting city.

It's a risky proposition, but doable, with self assist and all carry-on for the airport security line. If you're not off the ship by 9AM gets very sticky. They say 90 minutes for security but on a Sunday that might not be as long.

We are taking an even bigger risk and taking a flight from FLL after getting off the Breeze in Miami - We've never cut it this close before - but we are hoping it works out. If it doesn't we have a no change fee and will just have to pay the difference in the cost of the flight

We are taking an even bigger risk and taking a flight from FLL after getting off the Breeze in Miami - We've never cut it this close before - but we are hoping it works out. If it doesn't we have a no change fee and will just have to pay the difference in the cost of the flight

Sorry - I should have mentioned out flight is at 10:50

Well we will be taking our chances. Only flights to RDU from Miami is this one and then no others until 5pm ish. Flights in middle of day thru Delta are stupid expensive at $600 each. We will wake at 6am and be going to the check out line immediately to try to be one of the first off ship and through customs.

Sorry - I should have mentioned out flight is at 10:50

Same for us, in July. 10:55 flight out of FLL.

Last year, we were too nervous to book an early flight out, so we booked a 5pm....We were AT the airport at 9am:mad::mad:

All flights were full, and Southwest could do NOTHING, as all flights were full.

NEVER doing that again. It was the WORST:D:D