More advice required please re Celebrity

AppleApple

Hi,

Have cruised before but never with Celeb. I have the following Q:

- Planning to book via cruise websites. Have always used Iglu but does anyone else know whether there are other agents with better deals (basically price for cruise is the same but I did come across a website saying book with us and future cruises you can use credit card to pay without incurring credit card fee and £50 credit etc). Have booked with Iglu several times and have found they are not competitive.

- Or is it worth booking directly with Celeb? Also my partner is celebrating his big *0 so was wondering if there are anything complementary at all? (previously I know some cruise liners did complimentary anniversary packages, those days are probably long gone)

- My partner can drink for england whereas I am nearly tee total. Is it work getting the drink package (for him at least). I cannot know whether it is worth it as I do not have cost of drinks on Celeb. Does anyone have approx cost for wine/whisky etc etc so I can compare thanks

- Can you confirm that the guranteed Aqua Balcony is bigger than standard or CC. Is Blu better than main dining room in terms of food? Is lunch free sitting elsewhere in resturant?

Many thanks

x

Lots of questions:

1) In North America I have used Smart Cruiser and CruCon. Both have extra deals periodically that they offer. Celebrity does not allow discounting the actual cruise fares beyond their rates.

2) Only line where there was a complimentary cake for our event was Disney. Loved Disney though.

3) Current offers from Celebrity include an option for a Beverage package as a bonus. Book by April 15. Otherwise really depends on what he drinks and how much. IN my calculations you have to drink a fair amount for it to be worth it. It also includes coffees, soft drinks, fresh orange juice etc so take that into account.

4) Aqua class cabins/balconies are the same size as CC. Main differences IMO are shower, Aqua class is max 2 people per cabin and thus less likely to have small children next to you, access to the Persian Garden and Blu. I would be happy with a AC guarantee. You will likely be forward or Aft rather than mid ship but if you do not care about that, all is good.

5) Blu versus MDR? Matter of preference I think. When staying in Aqua we have not had difficulty also dining in the main dining room at times. Lunch is open seating in MDR and in Oceanview cafe which is also quite good.

6) Highly recommend Qsinem specialty dining.

Lots of questions:

1) In North America I have used Smart Cruiser and CruCon. Both have extra deals periodically that they offer. Celebrity does not allow discounting the actual cruise fares beyond their rates.

2) Only line where there was a complimentary cake for our event was Disney. Loved Disney though.

3) Current offers from Celebrity include an option for a Beverage package as a bonus. Book by April 15. Otherwise really depends on what he drinks and how much. IN my calculations you have to drink a fair amount for it to be worth it. It also includes coffees, soft drinks, fresh orange juice etc so take that into account.

4) Aqua class cabins/balconies are the same size as CC. Main differences IMO are shower, Aqua class is max 2 people per cabin and thus less likely to have small children next to you, access to the Persian Garden and Blu. I would be happy with a AC guarantee. You will likely be forward or Aft rather than mid ship but if you do not care about that, all is good.

5) Blu versus MDR? Matter of preference I think. When staying in Aqua we have not had difficulty also dining in the main dining room at times. Lunch is open seating in MDR and in Oceanview cafe which is also quite good.

6) Highly recommend Qsinem specialty dining.

Hello,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

Keep in mind, re the beverage package, that if you purchase it, you are required to purchase it for both people in the cabin. He cannot purchase it just for himself. So it might be a good idea to book under the promotion that offers you the beverage package as a perk. If he choses to upgrade the package to the premium package that can be done by only one person in the cabin; it is not mandatory that both cabin occupants upgrade.

Just a slight correction to the above post...both occupants on Celebrity do not need to purchase a Beverage Package...if you are receiving the package as a perk...such as the Pick 123 etc....then both occupants will receive the same beverage package perk...and then correct, one can upgrade, one not etc...However, if purchasing a Beverage Package outright on your own, either one can purchase, one not; one can purchase a different package etc...but both do not need to purchase. That has always been one of the great things about Celebrity Beverage Packages.

Enjoy

Woody

Edited by rwr235