Best Pre/Post Cruise hotel in Ft lauderdale?

PhillyFinest27

Last time we stayed at Hyatt Pier 66 and loved it. We chose Embassey Suites this time because there is much more to do within walking distance around the hotel.

Hyatt has a water taxi stop right on the property though so its still easy to get around.

If you are going to have a rental car, I recommend staying in Hollywood Beach, which would give you easy access to both Ft. Lauderdale AND South Beach. In August, you could score a great deal at one of the Resort hotels in Hollywood beach for very little money. We used Hotwire for 4 nights in Hollywood Beach and ended up with Westin Diplomat for $72 a night a few years ago. I was in HEAVEN!!

If you are going to have a rental car, I recommend staying in Hollywood Beach, which would give you easy access to both Ft. Lauderdale AND South Beach. In August, you could score a great deal at one of the Resort hotels in Hollywood beach for very little money. We used Hotwire for 4 nights in Hollywood Beach and ended up with Westin Diplomat for $72 a night a few years ago. I was in HEAVEN!!

Westin Diplomat now gets our vote. Beach front Hotel, grab the Club Floor for extra benefits.:D

We like Holiday Inn Express 17th St. It is pleasant and quiet and within walking distance of shops and restaurants (on the same side of the boulevard.)

It is near the Embassy Suites, which is also good but more expensive. Good restaurant at Embassy Suites.

South Fort Lauderdale beach is very close to the port. These are all of the nicest hotels in that area:

Lago Mar

Marriott Harbor Beach

Ritz Carlton

W

Rates will be lowest in August. Bahia Mar Doubletree is another good choice if you need a budget hotel with decent reviews.

I think the amount of nights pre/post cruise would help this decision also.

But yea, Embassy Suites has it all for a pre cruise stay. Location, restaurants and shopping for last minute items (wine, suntan lotion, etc.) . . . plus the included 2 hour happy hour and cooked to order breakfast. Really nice pool area.

Post cruise, The Gallery One is a great option. 5 minute walk one way you are on the beach, 5 minute walk the other way you are at the Galleria Mall. Water taxi access right there to ride on the intracoastal around downtown Fort Lauderdale to any restaurants in the area. If you are staying more than one night post cruise there is a Publix right there to get a few things to utilize this "suite" hotel.

Hello, we're looking for a hotel precruise in Nov. Just 1 night with no car rental. Do any of the hotels you've mentioned in prior posts offer free shuttle from airport to hotel or hotel to the cruiseport?

The only hotel above that has free shuttles is Holiday Inn Express; they have a free shuttle from the airport. Beach hotels don't offer this.

If you want free shuttles from FLL and to port, these are decent:

Hampton Inn SW 12th Ave, Hampton Inn Plantation, Springhill Suites Dania.

South Fort Lauderdale beach is very close to the port. These are all of the nicest hotels in that area:

Lago Mar

Marriott Harbor Beach

Ritz Carlton

W

Rates will be lowest in August. Bahia Mar Doubletree is another good choice if you need a budget hotel with decent reviews.

I would add The Pillars and B Ocean to this list.

I would add The Pillars and B Ocean to this list.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

BlueHerons,

Can you please contact me at pft161 at aol . com? I have a question about a TA. I have not been able to contact people thru CC. Is there a way and I am just missing it?

Edited by ReneeFLL

1. Lago Mar - because it's stunning and right on the beach, not across. Service here is a 10 out of 10.

2. Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort - huge rooms, balconies are fabulous for view of the ocean. Close to many great restaurants within walking distance. As well, service is fabulous here.

3. Hilton Marina - the ships are literally right outside your balcony. The only downside is the rooms are a bit small. We enjoyed our stay here.

4. Gallery One - not right on the beachfront but certainly not far. The rooms are great here (spacious), balconies, walking distance to the mall. We booked this on LMT and got a great deal last summer.

Please do your homework no matter where you stay. I always tried to read the first 10-20 reviews on any hotel. It's been very helpful and we have stayed at some great places in Fort Lauderdale. We are already booked into the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort for later this summer. :D

Have a great stay and cruise!

1. Lago Mar - because it's stunning and right on the beach, not across. Service here is a 10 out of 10.

2. Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort - huge rooms, balconies are fabulous for view of the ocean. Close to many great restaurants within walking distance. As well, service is fabulous here.

3. Hilton Marina - the ships are literally right outside your balcony. The only downside is the rooms are a bit small. We enjoyed our stay here.

4. Gallery One - not right on the beachfront but certainly not far. The rooms are great here (spacious), balconies, walking distance to the mall. We booked this on LMT and got a great deal last summer.

Please do your homework no matter where you stay. I always tried to read the first 10-20 reviews on any hotel. It's been very helpful and we have stayed at some great places in Fort Lauderdale. We are already booked into the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort for later this summer. :D

Have a great stay and cruise!

Esmerelda, You'll be happy to see that the Hilton has a trendy restaurant, S3, that opened this year. The hotel is doing some major construction now too and I'm not sure what they are building! I noticed it Friday...it looked like the south side of the 2 floors under the pool was torn open. There is always something new at the beach! :)

Edited by royalcruz

Sorry to hijack the thread.

BlueHerons,

Can you please contact me at pft161 at aol . com? I have a question about a TA. I have not been able to contact people thru CC. Is there a way and I am just missing it?

Hi Renee! You can private message me here but I really don't know any of the local travel agents.

Thanks royalcruz...now I will be even more excited to get back to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale BR. I really love staying there and so did my family. Let me know if you hear of an update of what it might be.

just 142 days out...:D

Winona

Edited by Esmerelda

Hi Renee! You can private message me here but I really don't know any of the local travel agents.

Sorry, but I can't figure out how to pm you. Other forums I am on it is easy to see the link to click on.