Where to purchase wine before boarding

We are flying into FLL. We don't want to pack wine ( too heavy). Does anyone know if there are any liquor stores at The airport or conveniently on the way to the ship?

Total Wine in the Harbor Shops is on the way.

Do you think I could get a Cab to stop and wait there, I'm not familiar with the area. I was planning on taking a shuttle, but I don't think they would stop for wine😊.

Do you think I could get a Cab to stop and wait there, I'm not familiar with the area. I was planning on taking a shuttle, but I don't think they would stop for wine😊.

Yes, the cab will stop and wait. We've done that a couple of times.

To minimize waiting time, use the Total Wine website to place and pay for your order. They will have it ready for you, and you can be in and out within 5 minutes.

The noon on Sunday law is no longer in effect. You can buy wine anytime. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is that 100% positive? It will make my life much easier if I can buy some Sunday morning rather than Saturday evening.

Ok, it may not be law, but Total Wines in Fort Lauderdale doesn't open until midday on Sundays.

http://www.totalwine.com/eng/storeLocator/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/storeLocator/storeDetails.cfm&storeid=1&locationId=17771

Also, for those as curious as I was, if you order for store collection, they'll hold your order for 14 days, and you'll want to order at lest 24 hours in advance - more if that's outside business hours: http://www.totalwine.com/eng/customerService/faqs-in-store-pickup.cfm

Beside Total Wine is also a grocery store - in case you need to pick up something you might have forgotten or didn't want to pack due to airport weight restrictions. (shampoo, hair spray, sun tan lotion, sun burn cream:eek:)

Beside Total Wine is also a grocery store - in case you need to pick up something you might have forgotten or didn't want to pack due to airport weight restrictions. (shampoo, hair spray, sun tan lotion, sun burn cream:eek:)

I've been eyeing that up - just trying to schedule things. I land in FLL at around 4:30pm, having left home before 1am (Florida time). I want to get my suitcase, check-in to my hotel, and if I'm still awake, meet some of my roll call people around 7pm for dinner.

A transfer from airport to hotel is included in my trip. Trying to decide if I'd be better off just taking a taxi at the airport, asking him to swing by those shops and wait for me (he wouldn't drive off with my suitcase? how long am I likely to be walking around and queuing in Publix?), or whether to take the transfer to the hotel (which may take ages to leave the airport).

Then, after I check-in and drop my bags, I could get a taxi down there, pick up some shopping, and get a taxi back to the hotel. Does anyone know how easy it would be to flag down a taxi from the shopping centre for the return trip?

...Does anyone know how easy it would be to flag down a taxi from the shopping centre for the return trip?

Flagging a taxi might be difficult. However, you can either ask them to wait, or phone for another taxi. We went to Total Wine on the way to Indy a couple of years ago and spend maybe 10 minutes in the store. I think the wait time added around $5 to our fare. We used Yellow Cab: +1 954 777 7777.

Flagging a taxi might be difficult. However, you can either ask them to wait, or phone for another taxi. We went to Total Wine on the way to Indy a couple of years ago and spend maybe 10 minutes in the store. I think the wait time added around $5 to our fare. We used Yellow Cab: +1 954 777 7777.

Hmm. I'll have to think about that. If it was just the wine shop, that would be fine, but if I want to wander around picking up toiletries and other things that could get costly. But so is phoning for a taxi on international roaming rates (depending on whether the person answering the phone has problems with my accent :) ).

Does anyone know if there's anything similar to Hailo (https://hailocab.com/ireland#) working in Fort Lauderdale?

We are flying into FLL. We don't want to pack wine ( too heavy). Does anyone know if there are any liquor stores at The airport or conveniently on the way to the ship?

Yes wine is heavy, but we bring 2 bottle in our luggage and replace it with duty free Captain Morgan's and Bailey's on the return trip. Just put it in bubble wrap and put one in each suitcase. It's not that bad.

Can you please post documentation of this change in the law? A couple of years ago they did change the law to allow restaurants and bars to serve alcohol before noon, but I can't find anything about the law changing for bottle/package sales.