"Guys" on the Miracle?

MaiTaiMary

Does the Miracle have the 2.0 upgrades? I just read (from a fairly recent review) that they don’t have the “Guys” restaurant. :( True?? We’re planning a Nov 2014 cruise and were really looking forward to that!

Sorry - no Guys or other 2.0 upgrades now nor when you sail.

As usual the West Coast ends up getting a non 2.0 ship.

I am SO disappointed with what is available on the West Coast. :( We live in San Diego and there used to be many, many more options!! Why is that?? I haven't cruised in several years and this is the first time with kids. For a family of 5, we just can't afford to add on airfare to the price of a cruise.

We did a 8 night to Acapulco, Zihjuatanejo, and Manzanillo. It was PERFECT. I wish soooo bad they would bring this one back! Or really just anything (7 or more nights) out of San Diego. There are just so few options these days.

We also loved the cruise down to Acapulca and Zihua!!

We have been told that the "new" cruise terminal in San Diego is too small for the newer larger ships.

It is sad that Carnival stopped using that terminal and that Royal stopped using it too.

They only now have port stops in San Diego or the longer through Panama Canal cruises but not the Mexico ones!!

Boohoo!!

Miracle has a Serenity Deck which means it has already had an upgrade but no Guys.

From what I have read Serenity was part of the past set of upgrades, before 2.0, ships getting the 2.0 upgrades now are getting Serenity with it if they didn't have it before, but many of the ships have not drydocked for 5 years or so and missed the last update, so are getting it with 2.0 :)

I know Miracle is getting a drydock for the 2.0 upgrades in (March I think) 2015, but I have not seen a list of what in particular she is getting. Kinda bummed, we will miss it since we'll be on her in 3 weeks (but we will be on her in 3 weeks!!!! OMG soooo excited!) :D

Miracle is scheduled for Dry Dock in the early part of 2015, and will probably get a few 2.0 upgrades then, but no word so far on what she'll get.

Legend got RedFrog Pub, and some of the new slides, but that's about it for the 2.0 upgrades.

I'm also on Miracle in November, but mostly just looking forward to the serenity deck.

The Serenity Deck was awesome! Plus having an adults only pool on the Serenity Deck was great! I just got back and we are already planning to sail her again in October! I would love to try all the 2.0 upgrades but I really didn't miss any of it on the Miracle! We had such a great time!ImageUploadedByForums1396637876.423033.jpg.650b9c523da8268d40f6f15f8d30973d.jpg

Oh and if you are looking for a pre cruise hotel the Maya is fantastic! They great you with a warm chocolate chip cookie, the rooms are nice (try for the 4th floor so you get the vaulted ceiling), the pool and the grounds are immaculate plus it's only a 5 minute walk to the ship (or a free shuttle ride!). Check out the boards for the corporate promo code that gets a 50% discount! ImageUploadedByForums1396638251.963018.jpg.5e3ad793c87ff6a1febc2d9255d15fb2.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1396638207.632712.jpg.6ed91f2607128922a753e13f283e02d9.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1396638227.460931.jpg.33bbbf441fa54ae27f64fb77a1ee8242.jpg

The Serenity Deck was awesome! Plus having an adults only pool on the Serenity Deck was great! I just got back and we are already planning to sail her again in October! I would love to try all the 2.0 upgrades but I really didn't miss any of it on the Miracle! We had such a great time![ATTACH]308436[/ATTACH]

Oh and if you are looking for a pre cruise hotel the Maya is fantastic! They great you with a warm chocolate chip cookie, the rooms are nice (try for the 4th floor so you get the vaulted ceiling), the pool and the grounds are immaculate plus it's only a 5 minute walk to the ship (or a free shuttle ride!). Check out the boards for the corporate promo code that gets a 50% discount! [ATTACH]308438[/ATTACH][ATTACH]308439[/ATTACH][ATTACH]308440[/ATTACH]

The serenity deck is the best place to hang out on the Miracle. As for the Maya stayed there on my last cruise and attempted to book it with the corporate code for my October sailing. Was told that code is now only for Carnival Crew members who happen to be staying at the hotel.

As for west coast trips, just talked about this last nigh with DW and we both said if there are no Hawaii cruises in the fall of 2015 we are doing a Caribbean cruise as I can only do the Mexican Rivera so many times in a row.

The Serenity Deck was awesome! Plus having an adults only pool on the Serenity Deck was great! I just got back and we are already planning to sail her again in October! I would love to try all the 2.0 upgrades but I really didn't miss any of it on the Miracle! We had such a great time!

Oh and if you are looking for a pre cruise hotel the Maya is fantastic! They great you with a warm chocolate chip cookie, the rooms are nice (try for the 4th floor so you get the vaulted ceiling), the pool and the grounds are immaculate plus it's only a 5 minute walk to the ship (or a free shuttle ride!). Check out the boards for the corporate promo code that gets a 50% discount!

Quite frankly, I don't understand the Serenity areas that don't have pools. An adults only serenity area on the lido deck should have a pool. That's why I love the Spirit class ships so much, the outdoor spaces are better with better/more pools. The serenity areas on the dream class are a joke.