Mr. Sanchos - drinking age enforced?

cindivan

I know some of you saw this title and are jumping on this to see if you can make a judgmental comment about underage drinking and what parent would wonder if their 17yo could get a drink. Please control yourself and move along to another thread.

We have a son who will be 18 in a couple months after we are visiting Mexico. We are thinking of doing Mr. Sanchos and buying him the adult wristband so he can have a couple drinks with us. He is going to college soon, and it's our thinking that if he learns to drink responsibly before he is totally on his own, that's not a bad thing. (I know this probably killing some of you wanting to tell me what bad parents we are....thank you for your restraint)

Will they card him or if he looks close enough will he be ok as long as we bought the adult wristband? He does look like he could be at least 18.

From the few posts I found, it seems like he will be ok, but I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience with this.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Edited by cindivan

You are a horrible parent and should be ashamed...just don't tell anyone he's an adult and let him have a couple drinks. They didn't card anyone in our party at Mr Sanchos and we had a young lady who is already in college and still not quite 18. She had a great time with responsible adults and no one said a thing.

I get what you're trying to do. You've picked the right place to do it. And for what it's worth, I think the idea of teaching kids to be responsible is awesome. Anyone who complains you're being a bad parent is so naive to think they won't be doing it when you're not around.

Good luck!!!

When I was there in November 2012, my kids were a few days shy of their 18th birthday so being the good parent that I am, I bought them the 17 yr old pass. We were there less then 1/2 hr and my daughter comes running up to me to give her $10. I asked for what. She said the guy said if I give him $10, I can get the wristband to have drinks. She grabbed $10, along with my son and the 2 of them got the adult wrist bands.

I think if its ok with you and you don't make a big deal out of it, they may look the other way. Its not like its a gang of 17 yr olds going there to get drunk and make a scene.

Thanks for all your replies. I emailed them a question about the cabana for my parents, and they called me back. I asked them if we needed IDs and they said we didn't unless we paid in full before just to guarantee we are who we say we are for the reservation.