Will Quantum rotate dining rooms like Disney?

With no MDR I'm wondering what they will do ?

Each passenger will make reservations for each night, or take their chances with out reservations, and dine wherever they choose each night. Based on what has been stated by Royal, it will NOT be like Disney where you rotate to restaurants in a given order, keeping your same dining time, table mates and wait staff.

There will actually be four restaurants serving in combination for what is now the MDR. They are: The Grande (which will be formal every night), American Icon Grill, Chic, and Silk (all casual every night). All four are complimentary.

Should you choose just those four for your nightly dining you would reserve time in any one on any night at any time. What is different is that there will no longer be the traditional early or late planned seating times in any of them on Quantum / Anthem. It will all be what will be called Dynamic Dining, which is basically expanded MTD. The menus will remain the same in each all week, but will be expanded in their offerings.

There will be a total of 18 restaurants on board, which will include 6 other complimentary venues (Windjammer, Sorentos, etc.). In addition will be the Solarium Bistro and Johnny rockets along with 5 other surcharge venues and a suite only venue.

What will be similar is each restaurant will have a fixed menu. So theoretically you could do a Disney type rotation, but not with the same server or tablemates.

What will be similar is each restaurant will have a fixed menu. So theoretically you could do a Disney type rotation, but not with the same server or tablemates.

You can be with the same table mates by request as group reservations will be accepted. If you are with friends or meet table mates that you want to dine with again you just make your future reservations together. The wait staff as you indicate would change with each restaurant.

Here is a link to a wonderful dining chart that was made up by one of our very talented CC Members https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K...it?usp=sharing It indicates which dining venues are Casual and Smart Casual with The Grande Restaurant being the only Formal venue.

There won't be a formal rotation. You can eat in any or all of the restaurants in whatever order you choose or you can choose to eat in just one restaurant every night. Some of the menus look more attractive to me so I would likely confine myself to those and avoid those whose menus don't appeal to me. With so many options I am sure that I will be able to find enough choices to fill my week's dining plans.

Here is a link to a wonderful dining chart that was made up by one of our very talented CC Members https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K...it?usp=sharing It indicates which dining venues are Casual and Smart Casual with The Grande Restaurant being the only Formal venue.

Want to thank the person who did the dining chart. It is great. Just what one needs to get through this arduous task. Didn't like Norwegian when they went to freestyle. Back then it wasn't very free if I have to make reservations and plan ahead. At least they have a large main dining room that you can go to without reservations if you want to take a chance. Dynamic dining doesn't seem as flexible. No large venue to have a nice dinner (Windjammer doesn't count):)

Want to thank the person who did the dining chart. It is great. Just what one needs to get through this arduous task. Didn't like Norwegian when they went to freestyle. Back then it wasn't very free if I have to make reservations and plan ahead. At least they have a large main dining room that you can go to without reservations if you want to take a chance. Dynamic dining doesn't seem as flexible. No large venue to have a nice dinner (Windjammer doesn't count):)

I hardly consider venues that accommodate 400 or so guests at any given time to be a "small" venue, even compared to the large multi-level main dining rooms on their other ships, but I believe you may find that you can still go to those restaurants on Quantum even if you don't make reservations, much as you can do the same at a land-based restaurant. I continually hear that reservations are "required" for My Time Dining, but know from personal experience that such is not the case. Reservations may be "recommended" but are not "required" and we frequently simply show up in the MTD dining room when we wish to eat. When we do so we have yet to encounter a wait of more than five or so minutes. Not that much has changed except that the very large main dining room has been broken up into four or five different restaurants each with special menus, and you can still "take a chance" and go to any one of them without a reservation. In some ways they may actually be more flexible since you will have many more menu selections each night than is the case in the rest of the fleet.

I was a skeptic regarding My Time Dining when it was first introduced, basing my opinion on my less than favorable experiences with NCL's Freestyle Dining and Princess' Anytime Dining. I am now a big fan of MTD. IMO, RCI does a much better job at this style of dining than either or the other two lines and all I am saying is that it might be a good idea to see how well or how badly Dynamic Dining functions before automatically condemning it.