Upgrade Fairy

Jenhem31

We are booked on the Paradise April 28th. First cruise ever. We originally had a junior suite Room V11 which we were excited about as it's high up in the ship and forward. They called today and offered a grand suite room U89 for $320 more total. This is mid ship but several decks lower.

Thoughts? Does anyone have experience with these rooms or locations? Is it better to be high up on the ship or lower? Will the views be better in one location vs. the other? What about balcony size?

There are only 2 of us in the room. We wanted a balcony no matter what and that's how we ended up in a suite to begin with.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The higher you are and more forward or aft, the more movement there will be (may not be much more but will be more). Many people like higher up because it gets them closer to the action without such a long elevator ride or so many stairs to climb. As for whether the upgrade is worth it depends on the number of nights. For a 2 night CTN, heck no. For a 10 night cruise, most likely.

The JS on the Fantasy class ships are a joke but the GS is very nice. Huge difference. We've had a couple and really like them. The JS balcony is tiny and not private at all. Good luck!

We are booked on the Paradise April 28th. First cruise ever. We originally had a junior suite Room V11 which we were excited about as it's high up in the ship and forward. They called today and offered a grand suite room U89 for $320 more total. This is mid ship but several decks lower.

Thoughts? Does anyone have experience with these rooms or locations? Is it better to be high up on the ship or lower? Will the views be better in one location vs. the other? What about balcony size?

There are only 2 of us in the room. We wanted a balcony no matter what and that's how we ended up in a suite to begin with.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you take the upsell when they called or emailed? If not, it may already be gone to the next in line.

Seems a little steep to me for a 5 day cruise when you are already in the junior suite. The room and balcony in the GS will be much nicer though.

The junior suite has 220sf and the balcony is 30sf. The balcony is the same as other balcony rooms nothing special considering it is a suite.

The grand suite has 330sf and the balcony is 70sf.

Hope you have a great time!

The Grand Suites are fantastic! We have sailed in Grand Suites and really enjoyed them. The amount of space and the location are great. If it's within your budget, go for it!

Edited by JimAOk1945

Yes, we took it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will love the extra space. I hate to admit it but I love being able to soak in the tub after a hard day in port. You will be spoiled now, lol!! :D :D

We had a room on liberty deck 6 right up front..now I have never felt sea sick before as we had rooms mid ship..I did not get sick but felt the ship rock a lot more way up front. we had the whole front row of deck 6 and although it was great to have that deck we wouldnt book way up front again

That was a great upgrade! Fantasy class Junior suites are tiny, but we had a grand suite on the Fascination last year and loved it. I disagree about the price being high. I'd say it's well worth it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app