ever downgraded again after guarantee assignment ?

Michidoeme

Booked guarantee balcony on Silhoutte a couple weeks ago. Were happy to receive cabin assignment a couple days ago which is a 1B in good location. Sailing is only end July.

I have read that guarantee cabins could be reassigned again and that someone even got better assignments later on. But has it happened to anyone that they received a cabin in a lower category than assigned before ?

Realize that for balcony guarantee best we could expect is a 2D and I could still live with that, just want to be prepared if they take this cabin away again.

They technically can but it doesn't speak well for them to "giveth and then taketh away". On the flip side, yes an upgrade can also still happen but its not a common occurrence as most ships sail full. I do know people who received an upgrade last minute. Alas, we have not been so fortunate in our 17 cruises to date. Maybe someday.

I was once given a 1b only to have it changed to a 2c days later. I would have been ok with the 2c if it was my first allocation but was a bit disappointed that I lost the 1b. I phoned captains club and spoke to the wonderful Lesley Green (who had sadly left the company now) she said it shouldn't have really happened and tried to get me a better cabin, sadly it was only a couple of weeks from sailing and the ship was full. She said she would keep trying and true to her word two days before the cruise we got a 1a with the huge balcony on the angle of the hump, obviously we were delighted. :)

I wouldn't say it can never happen but I got the impression it was an error caused by a pricing issue we had ongoing at the time :)

It's never happened to me but after reading that it has happened to others on this board that is has, I now immediately complete all my on-line cruise docs in hopes that this might some how prevent the upgrade fairy from taking away a guarantee cabin that I really liked.

I have no idea if this will or won't prevent it but so far I've always kept the cabin I've been assigned even those that were assigned well before final payment.