Serenade of the Seas Aft Room 1104

We aren't actually sailing until February 15th, 2016. We just booked it two weeks ago. The Serenade is going to a couple of islands we have never been to....we are very excited about that. I love reading all about this ship and the aft from kind posters like yourself! How exciting to be doing a B2B.....it's something we've never done, but have talked about doing. We, too, love the corner aft rooms, but have also done the JS. Love those rooms, they have so much more space to them. Have a fantastic two weeks at sea.....I'm so happy for you and your friends!!!! :)

PS. Have your friends in room 1104 take notes for us! LOL

Those two years will drag...........and then, next thing you know, it's time!

I can't believe we are finally going after waiting nearly two years ourselves.

We liked the B2B as we are doing two different itineraries, Caribbean and Bahamas.

I plan on having a blast! My friends onboard are also CC members, so I'll tell them to take notes, too. Maybe they can come on this thread and tell you themselves. :D

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I just got off Serenade on Saturday.

I will say that yes, we did hear scraping noises during the day as people were moving their chairs around.

It wasn't THAT bad.

I will say that it was better than being in a suite where they started cleaning the pool area at 4 AM!!!!

I'm still catching up on my sleep from that. :(

We stayed in 1104 on the Brilliance last spring, and I don't remember much noise coming from above. Loved the huge balcony!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Awwwwwwwwwwwww.

That was our cabin on the Brilly for Canada New England. I was pretty sick (later to discover a heart problem resolved by surgery) and actually spent a couple of days in the cabin.

We had some high winds but you would never know it on our toasty balcony. Our cabin attendant brought extra blankets so I had the most lovely-padded, squishy lounge chair. I could watch the beautiful scenery pass.

I never noticed any sounds back there. It was like I had the ship to myself.

In 34 days we leave for Alaska and cabin 1100 on the Radiance. Our best friend will be in 1104!

I will say that yes, we did hear scraping noises during the day as people were moving their chairs around.

It wasn't THAT bad.

I will say that it was better than being in a suite where they started cleaning the pool area at 4 AM!!!!

Thanks for the feedback. Guess if it's only some scraping, and it's during the daytime, it shouldn't be too bad. Just so it was quiet during the night time. That would make me upset if you can hear it while trying to sleep. BTW, how early in the mornings did you hear the chair scraping sounds? We are up by 6:00 or 6:30, so hopefully they were later than that? Hope you had a wonderful B2B cruise, other than the pool cleaning noise at 4 AM. I would not have been happy with that either!

It wasn't THAT bad.

We are booked in 1038 on the Serenade - not directly under Solarium pool, but in that general area - do you think noise will be an issue?

We are booked in 1038 on the Serenade - not directly under Solarium pool, but in that general area - do you think noise will be an issue?

We had a GS (1052) and every morning around 4 AM, they would clean the pool deck. It was like cannons going off. In reality, it was the hoses being lifted and dropped overhead as they moved along the deck. I actually thought they were tossing the deck chairs down.

One morning, it was the sound of water hosing off the deck, with a loud THUNK when they released the trigger. I am a light sleeper, so I hear everything. DH sleeps through everything, so your mileage may vary...

Thanks for the feedback. Guess if it's only some scraping, and it's during the daytime, it shouldn't be too bad. Just so it was quiet during the night time. That would make me upset if you can hear it while trying to sleep. BTW, how early in the mornings did you hear the chair scraping sounds? We are up by 6:00 or 6:30, so hopefully they were later than that? Hope you had a wonderful B2B cruise, other than the pool cleaning noise at 4 AM. I would not have been happy with that either!

The chair scraping was later and throughout the day, but truly, it took me a while to figure out what the noise was. It really wasn't bad at all....I got used to it and didn't really pay attention to it. The morning stuff when we had in the GS...yes, that was crazy...