Serenade of the Seas Aft Room 1104

We recently booked aft room 1104 on Serenade of the Seas. We love the aft on ships, and neither the motion nor the extra walking bothers us. Since this room is right below the Windjammer Cafe Outdoor, I am concerned about possible noise. I tried to research this room, but couldn't find any reviews that are recent. Has anyone stayed in this cabin during the past year or so? If you have, I would appreciate any pros and cons you can give me, especially the noise issue. Thanks!

We recently booked aft room 1104 on Serenade of the Seas. We love the aft on ships, and neither the motion nor the extra walking bothers us. Since this room is right below the Windjammer Cafe Outdoor, I am concerned about possible noise. I tried to research this room, but couldn't find any reviews that are recent. Has anyone stayed in this cabin during the past year or so? If you have, I would appreciate any pros and cons you can give me, especially the noise issue. Thanks!

I was in cabin 1602 a couple years ago. It's just 2 cabins over from 1104. I loved the balcony and view. There wasn't too much noise from above. A couple of times heard chairs moving, but nothing like being right under the WJ with carts moving overhead.

We are booked for 1100 on Serenade Med cruise departing in about 6 weeks. I think 1104 is right next door. From what I've read, the scraping of chairs could be heard early in the morning but not too annoying. Supposedly since the refit and Rita's above 1100 you hear even less noise. Be interesting to see others thoughts. :)

Dolfans from Miami

Edited by dolfans0704

We are booked for 1100 on Serenade Med cruise departing in about 6 weeks. I think 1104 is right next door. From what I've read, the scraping of chairs could be heard early in the morning but not too annoying. Supposedly since the refit and Rita's above 1100 you hear even less noise. Be interesting to see others thoughts. :)

Dolfans from Miami

I was just on Serenade last week. Rita's is on the side and there is still the outdoor seating area across the aft. Enjoy your aft cabin:)

Edited by ARCruisinNana

I had room 1604 (mirror opposite of yours) for 15nights on the fall crossing from Barcelona. The only noise issues we encountered were some chair scraping sounds in the morning. They didn't seem to start in earnest until around 8-830 when a larger number of people were dining outdoors. It wasn't enough to wake me, but if I was awake I noticed it. There were occasional sounds at various times of day, but not a single sound at night, so sleep was never impacted. The only way I could see it being an issue is if you are a late riser and/or a light sleeper. I love the oversized balcony and the higher than average ceiling on the balcony allowed more light into the room.

I will be in 1100 as well! :D

Our group is in 1100, 1102, 1104 and 1600.

So we'll have both edges of the aft covered.

I have been under the Windjammer on Vision. We did hear carts rolling overhead around 5 AM.

We'll find out soon how bad or not-so-bad the aft is on Serenade.

I was just on Serenade last week. Rita's is on the side and there is still the outdoor seating area across the aft. Enjoy your aft cabin:)

Do you still walk through Rita's to get to the outside seating at the aft for WJ? On Radiance it was a complete wind tunnel with only 1 set of doors, leading from the WJ.

Yes, we heard the same chairs scraping in our aft cabins we have had under WJ. Not super bad like said above.

Do you still walk through Rita's to get to the outside seating at the aft for WJ? On Radiance it was a complete wind tunnel with only 1 set of doors, leading from the WJ.

Yes, we heard the same chairs scraping in our aft cabins we have had under WJ. Not super bad like said above.

I haven't been on Radiance since the refit, but yes, on Serenade, you walked thru Rita's to get to the aft seating on the port side. Sliding glass doors from WJ and open at the backside. We ate there a couple times, but didn't notice the wind tunnel. Maybe we were just lucky;)

I haven't been on Radiance since the refit, but yes, on Serenade, you walked thru Rita's to get to the aft seating on the port side. Sliding glass doors from WJ and open at the backside. We ate there a couple times, but didn't notice the wind tunnel. Maybe we were just lucky;)

I remember the wind tunnel on the Brilliance last year! That's funny!

Dolfans from Miami

Hey Everyone, I really appreciate all the feedback! Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. I'm not going to even be concerned about the noise. We are usually up by 6:00 am, so even if there is noise in the mornings, we will be awake. And I'm glad to hear that throughout the night it's quite. I still look forward to comments from ASeaPrincess1 when you and your group are done with your cruise next week.....and have a wonderful time!

We were in 1098 just 4 weeks ago (sigh). We were a bit nervous about WJ too. We heard noise only 1 morning (day 6) but we sleep with white noise (ipad app). So that one day it was louder than the app but otherwise it was a great room! Good luck!!

Have been on Radiance since the updates (and will be again in May) yes you have to walk through Rita's...but we were lucky there was no one there except a few Rita's waitstaff. Perhaps just our particular timing but Rita's & Izume were not doing much business at all during our cruise.

Have been on Radiance since the updates (and will be again in May) yes you have to walk through Rita's...but we were lucky there was no one there except a few Rita's waitstaff. Perhaps just our particular timing but Rita's & Izume were not doing much business at all during our cruise.

Serenade (and I believe Jewel and Brilliance as well) is a bit different than Radiance in that it does not have the Samba grill on deck 12, but rather Izumi is in that spot. Rita's is on deck 11 port side and they have the aft area of it blocked off from the outdoor windjammer seating by planter boxes preventing anyone from using Rita's as a corridor between the WJ and the aft seating area. Access is allowed only from the starboard side of the WJ as the enclosed seating area on that side has been retained, along with the stair to deck 12 (which radiance does not have). Rita's was a virtual ghost town on my sailing and that space really was a waste.

Serenade (and I believe Jewel and Brilliance as well) is a bit different than Radiance in that it does not have the Samba grill on deck 12, but rather Izumi is in that spot. Rita's is on deck 11 port side and they have the aft area of it blocked off from the outdoor windjammer seating by planter boxes preventing anyone from using Rita's as a corridor between the WJ and the aft seating area. Access is allowed only from the starboard side of the WJ as the enclosed seating area on that side has been retained, along with the stair to deck 12 (which radiance does not have). Rita's was a virtual ghost town on my sailing and that space really was a waste.

We were on Serenade last week. Rita's was not blocked off. People freely walked from WJ thru Rita's to the aft outdoor seating area. Quite a few people tried to sit down at the table with their food from WJ. It kept the staff busy informing them that the tables were for Rita's. We really enjoy eating at Rita's. Food was good and prices reasonable. We ate there twice.

We were on Serenade last week. Rita's was not blocked off. People freely walked from WJ thru Rita's to the aft outdoor seating area. Quite a few people tried to sit down at the table with their food from WJ. It kept the staff busy informing them that the tables were for Rita's. We really enjoy eating at Rita's. Food was good and prices reasonable. We ate there twice.

That's a change from last November then. They kept the hostess stand, and a sign saying "seating for Rita's cantina only" directly in front of the doors whenever they were open, and the fire doors closed when they were closed (which seemed more often the case than not). It was very off putting and I thonk people just stayed away because of that. Every time I looked in at lunch they were deserted with no staff on sight.

That's a change from last November then. They kept the hostess stand, and a sign saying "seating for Rita's cantina only" directly in front of the doors whenever they were open, and the fire doors closed when they were closed (which seemed more often the case than not). It was very off putting and I thonk people just stayed away because of that. Every time I looked in at lunch they were deserted with no staff on sight.

The fire doors were closed when they were not open. There were a couple planters at the back open end, but not enough to block it off. The sliding glass doors had Rita's on both sides, but it didn't stop people. It's not an ideal arrangement, but I'm glad Rita's is there. We also really enjoyed Izumi. My 6 year old granddaughter's favorite food is sushi and the staff treated her Royally.

Hey Everyone, I really appreciate all the feedback! Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. I'm not going to even be concerned about the noise. We are usually up by 6:00 am, so even if there is noise in the mornings, we will be awake. And I'm glad to hear that throughout the night it's quite. I still look forward to comments from ASeaPrincess1 when you and your group are done with your cruise next week.....and have a wonderful time!

We are doing a B2B, so we'll be gone for TWO WEEKS! :D

I am a light sleeper, so if there is any noise, I will hear it. I'll ask my friend in 1104 if she hears anything.

Truthfully, I am happy to just be on a ship and am glad we were able to secure these cabins.....although of my group, I am the only one who has to move for the second leg of the B2B.:(

These cabins are very popular........apparently.

My JS, 1100, was already taken for the second leg, and this was booked two years out!

When are you going?

We are doing a B2B, so we'll be gone for TWO WEEKS! :D

I am a light sleeper, so if there is any noise, I will hear it. I'll ask my friend in 1104 if she hears anything.

Truthfully, I am happy to just be on a ship and am glad we were able to secure these cabins.....although of my group, I am the only one who has to move for the second leg of the B2B.:(

These cabins are very popular........apparently.

My JS, 1100, was already taken for the second leg, and this was booked two years out!

When are you going?

We aren't actually sailing until February 15th, 2016. We just booked it two weeks ago. The Serenade is going to a couple of islands we have never been to....we are very excited about that. I love reading all about this ship and the aft from kind posters like yourself! How exciting to be doing a B2B.....it's something we've never done, but have talked about doing. We, too, love the corner aft rooms, but have also done the JS. Love those rooms, they have so much more space to them. Have a fantastic two weeks at sea.....I'm so happy for you and your friends!!!! :)

PS. Have your friends in room 1104 take notes for us! LOL