Sky Review - A Newbie's Review...

JLBKL

Wow how blessed am I, having coffee and fresh fruit delivered to my room, sitting on the balcony watching a spectacular sunrise over the ocean and turning my head and seeing my kids laying In bed, both have woke up and are silently watching the sunrise from bed through the open door. What more can a person ask for?

Ouch! You hit me straight in the feelings department. :D

So glad you had a good time and for the record, I don't think there is such a thing as a "too long review."

ImageUploadedByForums1396998083.483631.jpg.f226b1988bc919076e75f0ec74caa323.jpg

Just added a couple of pictures for my review; I'm sure all you seasoned cruisers are used to sites like these! This was a first and it was indeed mind blowing!

I have not experienced such relaxation and beauty on a vacation before....

I can't wait to sail again, I'm saving my pennies and I sure hope I can make this a regular vacation and keep dragging different people with me to expose them to the cruising world!

I wasn't sure about all you passionate addicted CC members before I went, now I understand! You're not crazy, you're brilliant!

Thanks to everyone who answered all my questions before the trip, this is an amazing resource for new cruisers and returning cruisers. I'm grateful for your assistance and help in making this dream trip come true! Cheers everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1396997957.886276.jpg.cd554f13e338b5586425cb1e85495284.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1396998027.609597.jpg.4c0de37661c8fc588faa632eef80b6bf.jpg

Excellent review. We are cruising on the Sky for the 4 day Bahamas in Apr 2015. The information provided will greatly help us with our planning.

We too are from Canada and it is nice to get away after a long winter.

The Comfort Suites Miami Airport North is another good location and they provide free shuttle transportation to/from Airport and to Miami port and they also offer free breakfast.

Great review!

Yes, it turns into an obsession. I am on this site daily, reading and learning and passing the time until my next cruise!

We too love NCL and the goal is to sail each ship at least once. The company culture just hits us "right"

Great review!

Yes, it turns into an obsession. I am on this site daily, reading and learning and passing the time until my next cruise!

We too love NCL and the goal is to sail each ship at least once. The company culture just hits us "right"

Ohhhh it's such an obsession now!! Did they spike my morning coffee while on the ship, or something?! How can I be so addicted already?!!

I think I need to relocate my kids to Miami, so we can live closer to the port! I'm so glad I kept my New Years resolution this year "new year, new adventures"... What an adventure it was!

Can't wait for next time, and there will DEFINITELY be a next time!

Thank you for sharing your adventure with us! Loved the passion you wrote with and glad to hear that you totally appreciated all that you and your kids experienced.

Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising!!

I think we will be Norwegians too this summer!

:D

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

Glad you had a great time on the Sky!

Our first Norwegian cruise was also on the Sky, back when it sailed out of San Juan doing the Southern Caribbean! 27 more NCL cruises later we still love NCL :)

I'm not surprised the Sky got you hooked. Yes, it's an older ship that's showing it's age, and doesn't have the glitzy-ness of the larger new ships, but the crew more than makes up for it. That's what sold us on Norwegian as well.

Our last cruise was on the Epic, and we brought friends that are diehard Princess fans, and they purchased a Cruise Reward at the end of the cruise. We asked them why (since they had pointed out things throughout the week that they liked about Princess better), and they said the reason was the staff. They said the staff made up for all the things that Norwegian didn't do as well as Princess.

I've never sailed on Princess, but I'm keeping my mind open for my cruise in November! :)

Ohhhh it's such an obsession now!! Did they spike my morning coffee while on the ship, or something?! How can I be so addicted already?!!

I think I need to relocate my kids to Miami, so we can live closer to the port! I'm so glad I kept my New Years resolution this year "new year, new adventures"... What an adventure it was!

Can't wait for next time, and there will DEFINITELY be a next time!

Yes, we have timeshare points and quite honestly I would take a cruise over a timeshare ANY day. In fact I have had to "bank" my points because DH gets only so many days off and I'd rather be cruising!

Yes, we have timeshare points and quite honestly I would take a cruise over a timeshare ANY day. In fact I have had to "bank" my points because DH gets only so many days off and I'd rather be cruising!

We use our timeshare week for a cruise exchange. The cruise isn't free but it's discounted quite a bit this way. We now prefer only cruising for vacations.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this fabulous review. We are going on the Sky the first part of June and I have had a million second thoughts. We were supposed to do Oasis of the Seas on Royal Caribbean. My 72 year old mohter is going, has never cruised and is scared to death about being sea sick. We figure with as much time as the Sky is in ports, we are limiting that from happening. The ages range from 72-5, celebrating two senior's high school graduation. Hope we have as much fun as you!