Cruise Critic Plea

Va. Plumber

It's worth mentioning that there is a difference between "censorship" a la freedom-of-speech and proper forum moderation.

If you'd like to learn what the different means to cruise critic, start a thread about the DSC and then start one recommending your PCC/TA by name...

There are times when I wonder about the forum moderation but unless I'm totally misunderstanfing your post, freedom of speech does not apply here. It's unwarrented government restriction.

Ok. After the last two DSC threads where people want to tell NCL how to run their cruise line we have people now who want to tell CC how to run their forums.

That is just rich.

There are other cruise lines.

There are other forum boards.

If you don't agree...

These two entities are not a democracy. They are businesses.

It is like going to a party and telling the hostess her party is crappy and proceeding to tell her what she did wrong. In front of other guests.

Would the CC administrators please consider cutting off and removing threads about tipping after a day or two?

This topic has become absolutely ridiculous. Don't know if it is folks honestly looking for guidance or lurkers looking to stir up a hornet's nest.

In either case there are currently two active threads on the subject which is two too many. This subject has been debated ad nauseum. There is nothing new to be said.

The continual rants on this subject do nothing to enhance Cruise Critic nor enlighten posters.

Can....

Someone....

Close....

This....

Thread....

Please....

There are times when I wonder about the forum moderation but unless I'm totally misunderstanfing your post, freedom of speech does not apply here. It's unwarrented government restriction.

Of course it doesn't. Freedom of speech and censorship are terms often erroneously applied to private forums on the internet. I was referencing a post earlier in the thread.

I'm not making myself very clear today, it seems. :)

Did I miss something ?????

"I go up top and away from the hogs where there are plenty of loungers to be found"

Isn't that where the naked people go ?????

I have never seen a naked sunbather but I have always secured a lounger by simply moving up a deck or 2.

Of course it doesn't. Freedom of speech and censorship are terms often erroneously applied to private forums on the internet. I was referencing a post earlier in the thread.

I'm not making myself very clear today, it seems. :)

OK, gotcha'.:) Yes, I saw the earlier post and some just don't understand freedom of speech.;)

Would the CC administrators please consider cutting off and removing threads about tipping after a day or two?

This topic has become absolutely ridiculous. Don't know if it is folks honestly looking for guidance or lurkers looking to stir up a hornet's nest.

In either case there are currently two active threads on the subject which is two too many. This subject has been debated ad nauseum. There is nothing new to be said.

The continual rants on this subject do nothing to enhance Cruise Critic nor enlighten posters.

So if something doesn't interest you, you want the admin to delete it? Wow, just wow.

I have never commented on a tipping thread. I also disagree with censorship.

If you are not interested in a particular thread topic than just don't read it. Wanting to control what others post about or for how long is the exact opposite of freedom of speech. Perhaps you should stick to threads that of are interest to you and leave the others for those who might be interested in them.

Rochelle

This.

I say skip the thread. Realize that there are many different kinds of cruisers here including some that are new to cruising. When I did my first cruise in 2008, reading the threads about various topics helped me become informed and ultimately form my own opinion about cruising and correct aceptable behavior/ etiquette on a cruise.

I no longer read certain threads because I do not need the info... It does get repetitive.

Sent using Forums mobile app

Well if someone starts a thread called "question about DSF" I am interested in seeing it is something I can answer. As such I will enter it and provide an non-abusive, non-attacking, and not belittling answer to the exact question that was asked. What I and (I am going to guess) the OP does not appreciate is the handful of people who go into such threads nd turn them into "you suck, you should never change a DSF", "it is discretionary I can do what I want", "I would hate to be on a cruise with you", "yeah well I would hate to be on a crusie with you" raging flame war.

Theer is absolutely nothing wrong with asking any question nor is there anyhting worng with answering THE QUESTION ASKED., but when that answer is accompanied by the vile things we have all seen here, I agree that the admins should step in, delete posts, and take action against those who treat others members that way.

That is my opinion, nothing more and nothing less. You amy or may not agree with this and you are 100% entitled to do so either way. However I will not change my opinion nor will I judge you for having yours.

What's a matta you NO like beating the dead horse to see if some new change happens.

After all if this topic is objectionable keep turning the pages or seek another thread.

I once tried to curtail free speech and cut a topic short - and quite frankly I

got cut off abruptly and I am not going there anymore.

Doing so was taunting the Powers to Be - The Pen squashed my sword !

ONE CONSOLATION I WOULD LIKE TO SEE:

The consolidation of multiple forums with the same theme/topic - this does make sense.

There is from time to time a great deal of replication/duplication of the same topics.

That I will leave up to the Admins or Mods for coming up with a plan !

While there are STICKY'S maybe a sub topic forum maybe a solution i.e

UDP

UBP

Sodas brought on board

And Tipping/Gratuitity

OH - OH there is knock on my computer main frame - I suspect the Forum Police are looking to take me away to the funny farm !

Arnold "I'll be back" !

To wit or not to wit ?

I see nice white coats in my future with basket weaving !

Now that was Easy and it wasn't Staples !

Enjoy the free and frequent participation in this forum !

And remember HAL from "2001 a Space Odyssey" I am fading - I am fading what are you doing to me fade to black and exit !

Well if someone starts a thread called "question about DSF" I am interested in seeing it is something I can answer. As such I will enter it and provide an non-abusive, non-attacking, and not belittling answer to the exact question that was asked. What I and (I am going to guess) the OP does not appreciate is the handful of people who go into such threads nd turn them into "you suck, you should never change a DSF", "it is discretionary I can do what I want", "I would hate to be on a cruise with you", "yeah well I would hate to be on a crusie with you" raging flame war.

Theer is absolutely nothing wrong with asking any question nor is there anyhting worng with answering THE QUESTION ASKED., but when that answer is accompanied by the vile things we have all seen here, I agree that the admins should step in, delete posts, and take action against those who treat others members that way.

That is my opinion, nothing more and nothing less. You amy or may not agree with this and you are 100% entitled to do so either way. However I will not change my opinion nor will I judge you for having yours.

The admins do that all the time on a case by case basis. They certainly don't delete threads because someone doesn't like reading them. As has been stated many times, don't open the thread.

This is really about power and control. Some wish they had the power to stifle some people's opinions and viewpoints. Thankfully the admins don't do that unless the ToS has been violated.

This can't be a serious request. But a lot of people took the bait.

Hmmm. I don't know about that. With all the neurosis here on cc a thread by one poster expecting their request to be granted immediately does not surprise me at all. A lot of foot stompers and squeaky wheels out there. Actually an entire generation or 2 I believe. Lol

I am usually good at spoting joke threads so good that I can even respond to them sounding serious myself. Lol

Btw did the op ever respond to this thread?

Edited by Crusin6

Hmmm. I don't know about that. With all the neurosis here on cc a thread by one poster expecting their request to be granted immediately does not surprise me at all. A lot of foot stompers and squeaky wheels out there. Actually an entire generation or 2 I believe. Lol

I am usually good at spoting joke threads so good that I can even respond to them sounding serious myself. Lol

Btw did the op ever respond to this thread?

Did this thread begin on April fools day?

If we want to talk about idiotic admin policies here, let's discuss the fact that you can't start a new topic on a "port" forum if it is similar to an existing one.

They either delete your message or combine it into another thread, regardless of its importance.

The worst thing is that this is haphazardly and randomly enforced, so there's still a lot of topic duplication, yet important topics aren't allowed to have their own threads because they bear some similarity to existing threads.

For example, I tried to warn people in the Belize thread about getting scammed by a certain tour operator there, and my message kept being deleted for supposedly being not new-thread-worthy. They wanted me to bury it in some general thread that most people don't read.

Sometimes this place really leaves me scratching my head.

You do realize you started another thread on the 'Tipping" issue:D

Sometimes this place really leaves me scratching my head.

I understand it's owned by Trip Advisor. Same deal there. Everything's gota be sunshine and lollipops.