Is this Promo Legit ???

Anniesails

Has anyone else gotten a call from an 877 # stating that I am being offered a Norwegian cruise aboard the Sky to the Bahamas for 5 nights for $98pp. I am always leary about such things and wanted to check it out:rolleyes::rolleyes: with you guys first.

Has anyone else gotten a call from an 877 # stating that I am being offered a Norwegian cruise aboard the Sky to the Bahamas for 5 nights for $98pp. I am always leary about such things and wanted to check it out:rolleyes::rolleyes: with you guys first.

avoid it like a plague!

The cruise costs $98pp, but includes complimentary identity theft.

If this is indeed a scam I think you should contact NCL with the information that you have. They would likely investigate it further as I highly doubt they would want someone using their corporate name as I means committing identity theft.

Rochelle

Ask yourself these questions:

1. Why did they pick you for this 'once in a lifetime' offer? (phone is cheaper than sending out the postcards which are well known on these boards BTW)

2. What's in it for them?

Answer 1 - you are one of thousands cold called - 1 in a thousand hooked = potential/actual profit.

Answer 2 - there is one born every minute (see answer 1)

RUN AWAY...

Edited by SteveH2508

Just type in the number in Google Search - 800notes.com or whocallsme.com has comments if the number is legit, spam, scam, or phishing.

That goes for every call you don't recognizie these days. Scammers caller ID look like they call from legitimate places (electric companies, IRS, etc.) So I never answer, google the number, and call back if its legit.

Edited by kylenyc

My rule of thumb is DON'T do business with, or give ANY personal info to, someone who calls you. When they initiate the call, you have no way to know if they can be trusted or if they are who they say they are. If they claim to be my bank, etc., I will call them back at a number I know to be theirs. Just like if I get an email asking me to verify account info -- it's probably phishing, but if I'm not sure, I contact the business directly and do NOT click on the link.

In this case, if you're interested, you can ask for a call-back number, mailing address, website, etc. (they're usually reluctant to give it) but to be safe, just say NO!! If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

We got a letter in the mail the other day saying NCL wanted to award us a free 8 day cruise and the only thing we need to pay were the taxes. We were to call a 877 number to redeem the cruise... safe to say that letter went directly into the trash.

Edited by Bocadude85

Just type in the number in Google Search - 800notes.com or whocallsme.com has comments if the number is legit, spam, scam, or phishing.

That goes for every call you don't recognizie these days. Scammers caller ID look like they call from legitimate places (electric companies, IRS, etc.) So I never answer, google the number, and call back if its legit.

Thank you for that bit of information, it's something I never knew.:) We have voice caller ID and have been getting calls from a Fla. number that we don't pick up. We figure, if it's a legitmate call, they will leave a message. After using your tip, I Googled the number and found, as I suspected, it's a crap call.

As far as someone suggesting calling NCL and reporting about the cheap cruise, I doubt it will do any good. I just got a postcard from Royal Caribbean giving me a free 4 day cruise, including airfare. It looks completely legitimate with the RC logo, picture of the Oasis, etc. but I know it's a a load of horse manure. Somehow, these scammer are getting around using the cruise line's name in their offers, be it NCL or any other line.:(

I hung up on 2 free cruise robo calls and threw out 3 free cruise post cards..in the last 2 months...

IF they were legit..they would call me directly ,a real person who identifies themselves appropriately with their affiliation, and ask for me by name or send me a registered letter . (and I still would be suspicous and ask some very pointed questions!!!!!;))

Thank you for that bit of information, it's something I never knew.:) We have voice caller ID and have been getting calls from a Fla. number that we don't pick up. We figure, if it's a legitmate call, they will leave a message. After using your tip, I Googled the number and found, as I suspected, it's a crap call.

As far as someone suggesting calling NCL and reporting about the cheap cruise, I doubt it will do any good. I just got a postcard from Royal Caribbean giving me a free 4 day cruise, including airfare. It looks completely legitimate with the RC logo, picture of the Oasis, etc. but I know it's a a load of horse manure. Somehow, these scammer are getting around using the cruise line's name in their offers, be it NCL or any other line.:(

Thanks. Good point too. Legitimate people will leave voicemail message. However, one time I Googled and got my first (and one and only) NCL upsell fairy call one time and they didn't leave a message. So I quickly called back heheh. :p

Yeah, and the robo calls and snail mail spam are getting bad and sophisticated. These days, instead of "If it sounds too good to be true", I go by "Don't call me I'll call you".

Edited by kylenyc