Forward suites on deck 5 Odyssey class

Corony

So we have sailed twice on the Quest but wonder how much the veranda changes in the first couple of suites on deck 5. We understand the potential for anchor noise (not a lot of tender ports on our cruise) and we aren't prone to motion sickness so it's just the veranda size that is a possible concern. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have had Suite 503. The interior is the same as the other verandah suites and we were happy with the very small balcony ... but, that is because we were moved from a window suite on deck 4 that had a problem that Seabourn could not resolve.

The Suite 503 balcony is about half the size of the standard balconies with two small chairs and a table (no chaise as there is no room for it). The balcony was large enough (barely) to enjoy breakfast on it. The adjacent balcony (505) was larger but still not the standard size. 503 was a great upgrade for us, but I would never willingly select it if I wanted category V1. The only reason I would think someone would select 503 would be if they were extremely price sensitive and it was the only V1 suite remaining. In that case, I would recommend paying a bit more for a V2 suite rather than settle for one of the most forward 3-4 suites on Deck 5; or, take a veranda guarantee/ROH option, if offered, and hope for something better.

Answers to other possible concerns: Anchor noise was brief but very noticeable, we thought we would be bothered by the service door forward of the suite but we never heard it close, and we didn't notice an increase in motion in 503, but we were island hopping in the Aegean with light wind and smooth seas.

I have had Suite 503. The interior is the same as the other verandah suites and we were happy with the very small balcony ... but, that is because we were moved from a window suite on deck 4 that had a problem that Seabourn could not resolve.

The Suite 503 balcony is about half the size of the standard balconies with two small chairs and a table (no chaise as there is no room for it). The balcony was large enough (barely) to enjoy breakfast on it. The adjacent balcony (505) was larger but still not the standard size. 503 was a great upgrade for us, but I would never willingly select it if I wanted category V1. The only reason I would think someone would select 503 would be if they were extremely price sensitive and it was the only V1 suite remaining. In that case, I would recommend paying a bit more for a V2 suite rather than settle for one of the most forward 3-4 suites on Deck 5; or, take a veranda guarantee/ROH option, if offered, and hope for something better.

Answers to other possible concerns: Anchor noise was brief but very noticeable, we thought we would be bothered by the service door forward of the suite but we never heard it close, and we didn't notice an increase in motion in 503, but we were island hopping in the Aegean with light wind and smooth seas.

Can you see okay from the verandas on V1 and v2? The brochure says those veranda railings are part metal and part glass, whereas the other veranda railings are all glass. Does that effect the view? We are thinking of taking the veranda guarantee option.

Can you see okay from the verandas on V1 and v2? The brochure says those veranda railings are part metal and part glass, whereas the other veranda railings are all glass. Does that effect the view? We are thinking of taking the veranda guarantee option.

We were in 511 on the Antarctica cruise on the Quest and found that not being able to look under the handrail wasn't a problem. Maybe if lying on the bed one would have to sit up to look over the handrail. To us it wasn't worth the extra money to have glass under the veranda handrail.

We would book this cabin again on any future cruise

On my first Seabourn cruise last year I had a mid ship V5 cabin with all glass verandah. This year I will be trying a V2 midship cabin with the part metal, part glass verandah. My understanding is that the view of the ocean is partly obscured when sitting down, and from parts of the cabin. However I just couldn't justify the extra $3000 to upgrade to an all glass verandah, particularly when I reflected on how much time we spent out on all of the beautiful "public" decks of the Seabourn Odyssey last time. I hope I don't regret the decision to try a V2, but $3000.00 buys a lot of massages/premium drinks/shore activities!

On my first Seabourn cruise last year I had a mid ship V5 cabin with all glass verandah. This year I will be trying a V2 midship cabin with the part metal, part glass verandah. My understanding is that the view of the ocean is partly obscured when sitting down, and from parts of the cabin. However I just couldn't justify the extra $3000 to upgrade to an all glass verandah, particularly when I reflected on how much time we spent out on all of the beautiful "public" decks of the Seabourn Odyssey last time. I hope I don't regret the decision to try a V2, but $3000.00 buys a lot of massages/premium drinks/shore activities!

I agree with your thinking. You can do a lot with that extra money.

We have cruised 4 times in V2 (various between 526 - 534). Because you are lower down the ship we have had no feeling of our view being obscured, even when sitting down and you can easily see out to sea when moving around the suite. Last cruise we were in 608 but my husband really missed the mid ship position.

Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...