Spring Break

When is it NOT Spring Break. I was thinking maybe February or May.

Not sure when all the states celebrate Spring Break. It's March here in Tennessee.

Just looking for the ports to not be as busy and we want to cruise on the Allure which makes May impossible. We were just in FLL on 3/23 and there were six ships in port.

I'm with you, I don't like to travel on spring break. I Love kids and the energy they bring but want to minimize the odds. We've had to deal with kids pressing every elevator button, throwing ice cream cones in the swimming pool. Dirty diapers floating, hanging out in the adult area and clogging the hot tubs...etc. (To be fair the last three things I mentioned were on Carnival which turned me off cruising for 4 years. Getting ready to give RCCL another try) Another poster pointed out to me though there is a good chance there will be lots of kids on your ship anytime of the year. Lots of parents homeschooling, etc.

We were in the Freedom last week and there were kids everywhere...none unruly that we saw, but lots of them running around together...It was spring break for Many schools in Ohio, Georgia, NC, Illinois..

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

There is almost always at least 6 ships in FLL year round on Sat & Sun.

I don't see what the problem is, its not like it will be making any sort of difference..

Agree...OP, the ships dock at different locations within the port and do not share a common check in area...there were 8 ships in port last time we cruised out of port Everglades, and it made no difference other than a little more traffic getting into port and we were on a shuttle so didn't matter at all..

When is it NOT Spring Break. I was thinking maybe February or May.

Not sure when all the states celebrate Spring Break. It's March here in Tennessee.

Just looking for the ports to not be as busy and we want to cruise on the Allure which makes May impossible. We were just in FLL on 3/23 and there were six ships in port.

Note that the number of spring breakers really has no bearing on how busy the ports are. Also, the number of ships in FLL is not dependent on it being spring break or not. They don't add more ships because it's spring break.

Edited by time4u2go

Not really what was asked, but as far as spring break busyness goes, it seems to be worse during spring break in the state where the port is located.

One indicator of whether it is an expected busy time or not is the price of the cruise. It is generally higher during what RC considers to be busy times.