Quantum Connecting Cabins

Sorry if this is confusing:

I have been looking at a cruise on the quantum in February. We would like connecting rooms, but when I search for them it shows no availability for 2 in each cabin. It says to call for connecting availability which I did. I was told there are no connecting balconies available. Because I am not comfortable having my kids in another room without a door to ours and my husband and I don't want to split up, I booked us in a quad balcony. I didn't realize when I booked that I had picked a room that has a connecting door. This morning I looked to see if there are any other quad rooms available to move to. The screen defaulted to 1 adult and 1 kid and I didn't realize it. Anyway the cabin that our booked room is connected to is available. I called RC again and was told I can't book that room and keep my quad room because they can't book 2 in a quad room! So I can't have connecting rooms even though they are available and I am willing to pay the $1400 extra. Is that right? Is it because we are so far out? Should I call again?

Sorry if this is confusing:

I have been looking at a cruise on the quantum in February. We would like connecting rooms, but when I search for them it shows no availability for 2 in each cabin. It says to call for connecting availability which I did. I was told there are no connecting balconies available. Because I am not comfortable having my kids in another room without a door to ours and my husband and I don't want to split up, I booked us in a quad balcony. I didn't realize when I booked that I had picked a room that has a connecting door. This morning I looked to see if there are any other quad rooms available to move to. The screen defaulted to 1 adult and 1 kid and I didn't realize it. Anyway the cabin that our booked room is connected to is available. I called RC again and was told I can't book that room and keep my quad room because they can't book 2 in a quad room! So I can't have connecting rooms even though they are available and I am willing to pay the $1400 extra. Is that right? Is it because we are so far out? Should I call again?

You are correct. Some recent changes now have RCI only booking the quad cabins to 4 people for many sail dates. They are trying to maximize the revenue for each cabin. As it gets closer to the sail date and there are cabin available they may release the quads to a party of 2 but no guarantees.

You could try again but I would suspect that you get the same answer. Their computer system will not allow them to book it for 2 unless they get a supervisor to override it.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thank you fro getting back to me so quickly! I won't bother calling again. We are ok with all bunking in 1 room. I was just worried that my kids will throw a fit sharing a bed, as it looks like the 3rd and 4th share a double couch. At 10 (boy) & 11(girl) I'm sure they will complain. Personally at their aged I would have been thrilled to even cruise:)

Thank you fro getting back to me so quickly! I won't bother calling again. We are ok with all bunking in 1 room. I was just worried that my kids will throw a fit sharing a bed, as it looks like the 3rd and 4th share a double couch. At 10 (boy) & 11(girl) I'm sure they will complain. Personally at their aged I would have been thrilled to even cruise:)

My kids 10 and 12 are the exact same way. One would rather sleep on the floor than share a bed. We started off with the 4 in a cabin but are now getting 2 cabins and have never had connecting yet. We normally have a balcony and an inside across the hall. The kids are really only by themselves in their cabin to sleep and they know that they don't leave by themselves.

On past cruises on the Oasis, my sister booked cabins beside each other for parents and kids, and had the divider between the two balconies opened up. Not sure if the balconies on Quantum work the same, but if so the result is connecting cabins!