Help me pick a cabin

I have no clue how to pick a good cabin! We are booking a southern Caribbean cruise on Adventure of the Seas. We want a balcony so I am looking at Superior Ocean View with Balcony but I have no clue which is best to pick. Any way to know which side is better? I want to be able to see the islands as we sail.

s.gif

s.gif

s.gifShip Name: Adventure Of The Seas

Departure Port: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Ports of Call: San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Bridgetown, Barbados; Roseau, Dominica; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; San Juan, Puerto Rico

2015 Date(s): 05 Dec

I'd avoid deck 6 because the balcony wall has less visibility than balconies on other decks. I'd also avoid deck 10 to minimize the potential for noise from the pool deck above. You can't predict which side the ship will dock on.

Edited by clarea

I'd go for Deck 7-9. We like bring near the forward elevators, since they seem a little less crowded than the aft.

If you want to be closer to the theater, promenade, and dining rooms, book deck 7. If you want to be closer to the pools, gym, spa, book deck 9. If you want to be between, pick deck 8 ;).

Favorite cabins on Freedom and Voyager class ships are around 9532. The location is perfect for us. Two floors up to the gym and upper decks, which is where we spend most of our time.

Good luck!

Make sure there is one passenger deck above you and one below you. We were right under the pool deck and the stomping kept us awake.

It's a toss up which is the best side. But mid-ship has less pitch and roll than fore our aft. We try to book near an elevator.

We like the top deck, as it's only 1 flight of steps to the pool! We don't like to be "sandwiched" between decks! Near the stairs and elevators is a plus! Side of the ship won't matter at all..they tend to switch it up at each port...and all views are good! When you're docked, you're in a harbor...view everywhere!

Edited by cb at sea

I'd avoid deck 6 because the balcony wall has less visibility than balconies on other decks. I'd also avoid deck 10 to minimize the potential for noise from the pool deck above. You can't predict which side the ship will dock on.

Sorry to hijack this post, but I was wondering what you meant by your statement about avoiding deck 6. I just booked the Adventure and I am currently booked in cabin 6596, is this a bad room? This is our first time cruising RCCL so would like to make the best of it. Can we request a change, if we have only paid the deposit?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry to hijack this post, but I was wondering what you meant by your statement about avoiding deck 6. I just booked the Adventure and I am currently booked in cabin 6596, is this a bad room? This is our first time cruising RCCL so would like to make the best of it. Can we request a change, if we have only paid the deposit?

Thanks

The staterooms are not bad on deck 6, I just prefer the balcony wall on other decks. The balcony wall on deck 6 is all metal. The balcony wall on other decks is half metal half glass, so more visibility.

You can change to any other available stateroom in the same category with no change in price. However, if you change categories, your price will change to whatever the current price is.

The staterooms are not bad on deck 6, I just prefer the balcony wall on other decks. The balcony wall on deck 6 is all metal. The balcony wall on other decks is half metal half glass, so more visibility.

You can change to any other available stateroom in the same category with no change in price. However, if you change categories, your price will change to whatever the current price is.

Oh ok. Something to think about I guess. I'm hesitant to try and switch as the price of the cruise keeps increasing. Any particular cabin on deck 7 that you'd recommend?

Thanks

Oh ok. Something to think about I guess. I'm hesitant to try and switch as the price of the cruise keeps increasing. Any particular cabin on deck 7 that you'd recommend?

Thanks

As long as you stay within the same category, your price is locked in. Give them a call and they will take care of you.

Thanks

We like to be near either the forward or midship elevator lobbies.

Edited by clarea

We like to be near either the forward or midship elevator lobbies.

Thanks. I've asked the agent I booked with to see if she can find a cabin with as goo as a location on a different deck at the same price.

Thanks again, these boards are a great source of information

We recently stayed in 7346, mid ships, 7th deck, balcony cabin. It was well located, away from the stairs, little noise. Starboard side (on the docking side of the ship). We were very happy with this location.