questions about Grand Turk please help

miss tea

Do you know if there are places to eat at the port in Grand Turk? We want to stay at the beach by the pier but I wanted to get some carribean food like conch and sea bass. Is this possible on the pier? Thanks for the info

Do you know if there are places to eat at the port in Grand Turk? We want to stay at the beach by the pier but I wanted to get some carribean food like conch and sea bass. Is this possible on the pier? Thanks for the info

There is a margeritaville at the port, it is a little pricey. Down the beach to the left as you get off the pier is a place called Jack's shack with more authentic food.

Hardly anything outside the port. We rented a golf carts which were broken so the vendor gave us a beat up Ford Explorer. Then she wanted us to put gas in it at like $6 a gallon. Was not being cheap...but we didn't ask for the gas engine and we went to the light house and back.

But at the end of the day, there truly is not much to do out of the port other than go to the lighthouse. The beaches are okay but not as much as other islands like St Thomas or Curaçao. :-)

Hands down "Jacks Shack"

Take a 10 minute walk down the beach left off the ship and enjoy the best jerk chicken on the planet at Jack's Shack. If you want to sit on the beach awhile, yes you will need to rent chairs/umbrella. But believe me it's worth it. Why waste time in Grand Turk at Margaritaville? Now I'm a big parrot headed Buffet fan saying this, but you can visit his place in numerous spots in the US. Jack's Shack is a one-of-a-kind visit. Especially when his dog Topher is putting on a show.

We walked all the way down to Jacks Shack and they were out of this famous conch at 11 in the morning. Highly over rated and very expensive. And we had to rent chairs. Next time at GT, we'll stay at Margueritas.

They were out of it . . . then how do you know it's overrated?

My family and I had lunch at the White Sands Resort. The have a beach bar/restaurant just past the cruise center. If you walk down the beach it just past the loungers for the cruise center. The hubby and son had burgers, but I had fresh battered fish and fries. They had a fairly good size menu and free Wi-Fi. We sat at a table and had lunch while my son swam until lunch was done, 15 minutes or so. It was good and the price was right. Don't know if they had conch, can't remember, but the fish was really good.