Suite Questions

We have a D1 on Enchantment right now, we are thinking of upgrading to a suite.

1. Do you get a gold Seapass for a JS? If so do you have access to the CL?

2. Is a JS worth upgrading from for a balcony?

3. What is offered in the CL?

4. If we reserve a JS or GS and an inside (all of our family can only fit in a RFS), can the guests in our inside check in with us in the suite line at the port?

5. What are the amenities of a GS? Is there a doorbell? Its not nessecary, just wondering.

6. Can you order from the MDR in a JS?

7. Someone remarked on another thread that you can be put on a suite waiting list. How do you do this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

4. If we reserve a JS or GS and an inside (all of our family can only fit in a RFS), can the guests in our inside check in with us in the suite line at the port?

5. What are the amenities of a GS? Is there a doorbell? Its not nessecary, just wondering.

7. Someone remarked on another thread that you can be put on a suite waiting list. How do you do this?

No gold SeaPass for a JS, you have to be in a GS or better. No ordering from the MDR menu in a JS.

To know if it's the upgrade it worth it to me, I need to know the costs, the ship, and the cruise details.

Perks for GS and better:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

Edited by clarea

We just returned from a West. Caribbean cruise on the Freedom in a JS. The cabin, balcony, and closet were slightly larger that a D balcony; but the bath and other cabin features and amenities were no different. We did receive priority boarding, but I doubt that saved us any time. If I had to do it again, I would chose the D balcony and save a few hundred dollars.

We just returned from a West. Caribbean cruise on the Freedom in a JS. The cabin, balcony, and closet were slightly larger that a D balcony; but the bath and other cabin features and amenities were no different. We did receive priority boarding, but I doubt that saved us any time. If I had to do it again, I would chose the D balcony and save a few hundred dollars.

Didn't you have a bathtub in the JS? D balconies only have a shower. Plus you should have had a walk-in closet in the JS.

How do t you get on the wait list? And our ship is Enchantment in August. Pp for balcony is 700, JS is 900, and GS is 1100

How do t you get on the wait list? And our ship is Enchantment in August. Pp for balcony is 700, JS is 900, and GS is 1100

You would need to contact whoever booked your cruise to get on the wait list. Prices too expensive for me. I usually won't pay more than $679 for a JS on the Enchantment 4 day. Must be a popular date to cruise.

Have you been in a regular balcony room? The bathroom is entirely different. :eek:

How many people? And what is the total difference? Are those prices just for pax 1 & 2? The 3 & 4 price for suites is usually more than the 3/4 price for D1.

Bathrooms in JS are much larger than D cabins.And as Bob noted, there is a walk-in closet. We love the extra space. I believe if you compare sq. footage of a D cabin to a JS, there is almost 100 Sq. ft. difference. At any rate the extra space is considerable.

How many people? And what is the total difference? Are those prices just for pax 1 & 2? The 3 & 4 price for suites is usually more than the 3/4 price for D1.

Yes for 2 people. Not sure how much 3/4 is.

Loved the GS yes you have a full menu. Fun to have your family enjoy a breakfast with you just remember sometimes room service food is not real hot. Concierge was wonderful. We went several evening for cocktails prior to dinner or stopped by in the morning for free latte. I didn't use her services other than that.

Our balcony was so big. We would order room service snacks cheese, pizza chicken and enjoy our wine we brought we actually had 16 people one evening prior to dinner just had everyone bring their own drinks

Yes your family can preboard with you.

You also have a reserve seating section in the theater. Your family can join you there also.

JS gets you really nothing. Other than points and a little bit larger cabin. Not really that special

Go for the GS if possible. It's worth it

Loved the GS yes you have a full menu. Fun to have your family enjoy a breakfast with you just remember sometimes room service food is not real hot. Concierge was wonderful. We went several evening for cocktails prior to dinner or stopped by in the morning for free latte. I didn't use her services other than that.

Our balcony was so big. We would order room service snacks cheese, pizza chicken and enjoy our wine we brought we actually had 16 people one evening prior to dinner just had everyone bring their own drinks

Yes your family can preboard with you.

You also have a reserve seating section in the theater. Your family can join you there also.

JS gets you really nothing. Other than points and a little bit larger cabin. Not really that special

Go for the GS if possible. It's worth it

That sounds amazing!

Didn't you have a bathtub in the JS? D balconies only have a shower. Plus you should have had a walk-in closet in the JS.

Just speaking for myself.....the tub was a negative. Would have rather had the shower only. Also....The walk in closet added no addition value for us. it was not a dressing room (had no place to sit).

Just speaking for myself.....the tub was a negative. Would have rather had the shower only. Also....The walk in closet added no addition value for us. it was not a dressing room (had no place to sit).

Had OS on the LOS and while the bathroom was really pretty, it had one HUGE drawback--a ridiculously large tub that gave no more room than about 30 inches square for a very small stand up shower. DH is about 6', 185 lbs. I don't know how anyone 250 lbs or larger would shower in there. There was a handicap bar built in and we both had bruises to prove it after two weeks. I started showering in the gym after exercising, so I didn't have to deal with it that much. Neither one of us ever used the tub, although it would have actually been big enough.

We looked at a bathroom in a GS. Much better layout. Won't bother with OS in future because that tiny shower (personally, I think this was a design flaw...people in general are just not that small.

We have sailed in both GS and OS. We have another OS booked for next year. The size of the suites and balconies are slightly different from ship to ship.

Both the GS and OS have a door bell. This is nice but can be a nuisance as well. On one cruise we had some kids that rang the bell frequently. I confronted them and they quit. :p

Others have already mentioned the perks so I won't go into that except to say we enjoy them all.

Happy sailing!

Edited by JimAOk1945

The Royal Family Suite has the largest balcony on the ship (AFT RFS). We stayed in 8166 and would highly recommend it. Master Bedroom has own slider leading out to the patio ,oops balcony. Four lounge chairs fit there easily along with the outdoor dining table with the four comfy, padded outdoor chairs (and a small table to put drinks down, etc. when using the loungers). There is another slider leading out to the balcony from the living room. The smaller bedroom has two lower beds and two pull down bunks from the ceiling. The living room has a sleeper sofa. Two bathrooms - one with a shower the other with shower/tub combo. First two people pay a "high" price, but #'s 3-8 pay a much lower rate. (We just add all the fares together and split the amounts.) Everyone in the party has suite perks, including cutting to first place in line when going to Coco Cay (and the line was up to the 4th floor when we went to get off). The CL is very nice and the concierge was fantastic. We were also invited to an officers breakfast - which was unexpected and wonderful (separate menu for this occasion and an officer at each table). Also, a TV in the bedrooms and the living room. TV has a DVD player. I believe we had 5 chairs plus the sofa in the living room. Again, everyone would have suite perks, no questions asked and the aft RFS is a sweet, suite cabin. You need to call to get availability and pricing.

If you are able to see the prices of the different suites that means hat here are cabins available and here is no need to be put on a wait list.

If you are able to see the prices of the different suites that means hat here are cabins available and here is no need to be put on a wait list.

Ken is correct.

For a short cruise, that's a pretty big price jump. IMO, of course.

The Royal Family Suite has the largest balcony on the ship (AFT RFS). We stayed in 8166 and would highly recommend it. Master Bedroom has own slider leading out to the patio ,oops balcony. Four lounge chairs fit there easily along with the outdoor dining table with the four comfy, padded outdoor chairs (and a small table to put drinks down, etc. when using the loungers). There is another slider leading out to the balcony from the living room. The smaller bedroom has two lower beds and two pull down bunks from the ceiling. The living room has a sleeper sofa. Two bathrooms - one with a shower the other with shower/tub combo. First two people pay a "high" price, but #'s 3-8 pay a much lower rate. (We just add all the fares together and split the amounts.) Everyone in the party has suite perks, including cutting to first place in line when going to Coco Cay (and the line was up to the 4th floor when we went to get off). The CL is very nice and the concierge was fantastic. We were also invited to an officers breakfast - which was unexpected and wonderful (separate menu for this occasion and an officer at each table). Also, a TV in the bedrooms and the living room. TV has a DVD player. I believe we had 5 chairs plus the sofa in the living room. Again, everyone would have suite perks, no questions asked and the aft RFS is a sweet, suite cabin. You need to call to get availability and pricing.

How much did you pay for the suite?

Bathrooms in JS are much larger than D cabins.And as Bob noted, there is a walk-in closet. We love the extra space. I believe if you compare sq. footage of a D cabin to a JS, there is almost 100 Sq. ft. difference. At any rate the extra space is considerable.

On the refitted ships, Royal Caribbean has changed out the old style sink/vanity for a new, modern top mounted bowl, that takes up way too much space on the counter, leaviing no room to have toiletries stored on top.

In a JS, that has been refurbished, we feel that we should adopt MarionMoms approach of bringing a hanging shoe rack to put over the door, for storage.

Nice look, crappy design! They should have brought in a River Cruise architect to give them a new look, while making more space available, IMHO.

Other than that, JS's are great, as this poster has mentioned. Right on about a walk in closet, and the JS itself has a nice layout. The furniture varies from ship to ship.

Everyone has their own level of comfort. What Bob might be happy with for the dollar, we might not, as we enjoy our space, or the "real estate" of larger quarters.

Rick

This is sort of "off topic" but is in regards to CL. Just curious as to what most people do regarding tipping. Is it more appropriate to tip the waiters after each visit (cocktails and snacks) or would it be better to wait until the cruises end? We are Diamond members and usually leave a few bucks after each night in the lounge but I'm seeing that most CL folks wait till the end. We are doing our first suite this coming Wednesday and want to be sure I do the right thing without looking foolish.

Thanks for your advice.

This is sort of "off topic" but is in regards to CL. Just curious as to what most people do regarding tipping. Is it more appropriate to tip the waiters after each visit (cocktails and snacks) or would it be better to wait until the cruises end? We are Diamond members and usually leave a few bucks after each night in the lounge but I'm seeing that most CL folks wait till the end. We are doing our first suite this coming Wednesday and want to be sure I do the right thing without looking foolish.

Thanks for your advice.

Either way is fine, it's a personal thing.

Can or kids get mocktails in the CL? What kinds of coffee does the machine make?

I cannot tell you about the coffee there, as I'm a tea drinker.

Your children certainly can have mocktails made for them in the CL. Rob Roys, Shirley Temples.......OK, that is dating me,:D what other mocktails are common today?

Rick