Spa/Salt room

Jenjer

I visit a salt room and they have a machine that basically makes the salt airborne. Think a slightly cloudy/smoky room. I can taste the salt on my skin when I get out. My dogs go crazy trying to lick me. :)

Is NCL salt room like that or do they just have the pretty salt crystals lining the room, not doing much?

I visit a salt room and they have a machine that basically makes the salt airborne. Think a slightly cloudy/smoky room. I can taste the salt on my skin when I get out. My dogs go crazy trying to lick me. :)

Is NCL salt room like that or do they just have the pretty salt crystals lining the room, not doing much?

Since they advertise with it being the first salt room at sea, I would guess that it is similar to salt rooms ashore. But I have not tried it myself so I have no idea....

I did a google search for you - and found a photo of the salt room on the Breakaway....

2s_salt_2-257x404.jpg

This was actually a very good question. Glad you asked it. I am looking forward to trying it out soon.

The salt room itself simply has salt crystals (as you see in the picture posted earlier) and is not cloudy / smokey at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The salt room itself simply has salt crystals

Its a lot of hype, salt crystals and thats it, no salt generator, no mist etc...

These statements are absolutely incorrect. Both Breakaway and Getaway are fitted with SALT FX Halogenerators provided by SALT Chamber Inc. This piece of equipment grinds salt into a fine mist and then releases it into the air. The dispersion outlets are clearly visible on the walls of these salt rooms.

1278873_172608242929198_1847572107_o.jpg

We were just on the BA two weeks ago in spa balcony rooms. The spa guide the first day said that the salt would "disburse" every so often (I believe a few times per hour). I spent quite a bit of time over several days and never once saw anything "disburse". Other people also commented that they never saw anything spray or otherwise. I was in the salt room long enough for it to have cycled. Maybe it wasn't working properly that week. In any case, I did enjoy hanging out in the salt room. I'd do it again.

Edited by Cropelf

I spent quite a bit of time over several days and never once saw anything "disburse".

The salt particles have to be extremely tiny to be inhaled. If the particles are large enough that you can actually see them as a mist/haze, than the whole thing is pretty much useless. You'd be completely missing out on a lot of the supposed respiratory benefits. Sounds like the OP visits a salt room with a poor quality halogenerator. Something is definitely wrong if large quantities of salt are visibly accumulating on your skin and clothes. Other than a slight odor and taste, the salt should be imperceptible. If you didn't notice anything disburse, it means it's working as it should :p

Barnacle Boy, Thanks. Since this was my first experience with a salt room, I was interested. One evening, I did notice a briny taste in my mouth which I chalked up to the salt room. The salt room did feel good for my allergies. :)